I cant remember a coming season, feeling as strange as 2024

Praxit

Reaction score
................23' ended real bad for Dallas. A punch in the gut exit.

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

...anyone else getting that eerie feeling about 24'?

ATXSRT

Reaction score
This is honestly one of the weirdest offseasons I can remember. A lot of players and coaches on 1 year deals. No notable FA acquisitions. Lots of holes to fill, but no desire to fill them in the offseason. QB1 playing on last year of deal. Players sitting out due to contracts. Just all around feels off.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m glad MM & Dak are on last yrs of contracts . Going on yr 5 for the coach yr 9 for the QB with no real playoff success . Here “ we go “ !

Now I fully expect the owner to screw it up start throwing contracts around .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last time we got pummeled in a playoff game (Minnesota in 2009) we missed the playoffs the following season. It’s going to be hard to rebound this season after the debacle against the Packers in the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
At one point Stephen had the nerve to say…”we won the off-season last year and didn’t win in the playoffs.”

Really? Ok fine. Even if you give him that, which is a reach, what’s the plan now? Try less and hopefully more will happen?

It just impossible to figure out what they are thinking.

This roster was not in need of a full rebuild and had a reasonable shot to have a chance at some hope to make a run if they added the right pieces. They chose not to.

Ok so then its a rebuild? No? It’s neither, it’s both?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Bring on the unanswered questions as well as the drama, and warm up the hype train. I've waited long enough for a Cowboys football, the only thing I'm feeling is anxiety ;)

Let's Go :flagwave:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bring on the unanswered questions as well as the drama, and warm up the hype train. I've waited long enough for a Cowboys football, the only thing I'm feeling is anxiety ;)

Let's Go :flagwave:
The CowboysZone Fan Pharmacy is selling Zoloft at $75/pill. At first, the cost may seem a TEENY bit pricey but let's all ask ourselves the hard question. Isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

CowboysZone Wine & Spirits is selling Johnnie Walker Blue Label at $750/bottle. Again, isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

:grin:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
................23' ended real bad for Dallas. A punch in the gut exit.

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

...anyone else getting that eerie feeling about 24'?
I have not felt this apathetic going into a season in my 49 years of being a Cowboys fan.

jwitten82

Reaction score
The last time we got pummeled in a playoff game (Minnesota in 2009) we missed the playoffs the following season. It’s going to be hard to rebound this season after the debacle against the Packers in the playoffs.
You also got to wonder how a loss like they had against the Packers affects them. Some players probably no longer believe in the system, it's human nature

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One has nothing to do with the other.
However, it points out that we didn’t recover well from a bad playoff loss. We certainly didn’t do anything to improve the team over last year. We’re banking totally on the draft.

stiletto

Reaction score
I loathe Jerry/Stephen as owners BUT I also understand them being hesitant in paying some of these clowns. Who has shown up in the last few playoff games on either side of the ball? Maybe they don't like the players like CeeDee/Parsons/Dak as much as you'd think. I certainly don't think they "love" these guys or they'd be paid by now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You also got to wonder how a loss like they had against the Packers affects them. Some players probably no longer believe in the system, it's human nature
That’s the thing, a loss like that can cause a team to lose their confidence. At least when we got destroyed by the Vikings in 2009 it was on the road against a Hall of Fame QB who had won a championship and we were coming off a convincing playoff win. It’s going to be very hard to rebound from a debacle like we saw at AT&T last January to a 9-8 team, especially considering we had won 16 straight at home.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The CowboysZone Fan Pharmacy is selling Zoloft at $75/pill. At first, the cost may seem a TEENY bit pricey but let's all ask ourselves the hard question. Isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

CowboysZone Wine & Spirits is selling Johnnie Walker Blue Label at $750/bottle. Again, isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

:grin:
No, that is way expensive and pills and alcohol are no good for you. I'll just just stick to a nice bowl of Devils weed and just kick back and watch JJ's next move.

See, this helps me to put up with some of my favorite posters like AC, TMC, Rockhead, the "give me your thoughts guy", the Rambo guy that lives in fantasy land all the time, KJJ and some mean mods like Jazzcat and one or two others, and...I never have a hangover, plus it makes my guitar sing like a beautiful Songbird.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, that is way expensive and pills and alcohol are no good for you. I'll just just stick to a nice bowl of Devils weed and just kick back and watch JJ's next move.

See, this helps me to put up with some of my favorite posters like AC, TMC, Rockhead, the "give me your thoughts guy", the Rambo guy that lives in fantasy land all the time, KJJ and some mean mods like Jazzcat and one or two others, and...I never have a hangover, plus it makes my guitar sing like a beautiful Songbird.
You’re awful mean for being a pot head.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You must smoke a LOT of weed then :laugh: but I am upset if I am in the group and you are not sharing! Puff puff pass, man! PUFF PUFF PASS! :mad: