I cant remember a coming season, feeling as strange as 2024

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear a shred of proof that McCarthy is "fed up" with anything. I'm sure he's being fed this offseason, though. It's the media trying to create the illusion that this organization cares about winning.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You must smoke a LOT of weed then :laugh: but I am upset if I am in the group and you are not sharing! Puff puff pass, man! PUFF PUFF PASS! :mad:
I would not share any with you or any of the mods, you guys are messed up as it is just being a mod with that high paying job that Reality gave you guys!

But, man, I could play you some mean Stevie Ray Vaughan, Some Clapton, a little Freddie King...oh, man the blues will make you see the light.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One has nothing to do with the other.
100!! :hammer:

I mean it's odd right they think going back to 2009 there's some kind of correlation there's zero correlation even that what happened last year is gonna carry over into this year you all are some weird people and it feels strange no you mean it's strange is like a couple years ago we heard it was like historically bad offseason

and hey at @RonWashington you're hoping they blow it up?? seriously, I mean since when the teams blow things up not sign superstars just because you think you're 9 ohh by the way that was the year Peyton Manning finally broke through and won a Super Bowl you do realize Ron that it took Matthew Stafford leaving a team in order to win a Super Bowl literally a lot of great quarterbacks and players who have never won a Super Bowl they sure would look over and say hey should we break up a team that just won 36 games two division titles been in the playoffs 5 out of last eight years??

I sure hope some of you get so tired of going to the playoffs and losing that you start getting tired of never making the playoffs because that's how it probably goes like giant steps back and then five years from now we can hope to have three seasons in a row that looks just like this because that's the reality of sports you hope for something different so you want the team to blow up something that's been working in exchange for something you have no idea how it's gonna be?​

blueblood70

Reaction score
................23' ended real bad for Dallas. A punch in the gut exit.

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

...anyone else getting that eerie feeling about 24'?
You know it's great that people bring their feelings into this you do realize that sports has nothing to do with feelings has no correlation to what happened to year before the year before that all we have is to play this year coming which absolutely nothing that you've seen in this offseason can predict what's gonna happen this coming season you play 17 games and we can talk about it other than that this is people being mixed up in their feelings no I have no early feeling I just hope they have a good year and then if they have a great year or a spectacular Super Bowl year that would be something that would be all expectation exceeding type year but this is nonsense Oh my God I'm up in my feelings about what might happen...:facepalm::oldcouple:o_O

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still waiting to hear a shred of proof that McCarthy is "fed up" with anything. I'm sure he's being fed this offseason, though. It's the media trying to create the illusion that this organization cares about winning.
Yeah, that was just media talking head rumor. No doubt MM’s not happy being on the last year of his contract but that’s life in the NFL as a coach. MM’s a good coach, but that team that played GB was totally unprepared for that game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, that was just media talking head rumor. No doubt MM’s not happy being on the last year of his contract but that’s life in the NFL as a coach. MM’s a good coach, but that team that played GB was totally unprepared for that game.
Then he had mixed feelings about playing them and he somehow subconsciously didn't prepare his team to be his old team I mean the pressure might have broke him I know one thing Dan Quinn didn't have his defense prepared so we can get out Mike McCarthy short and curlies and wonder how Dan Quinn knew the writing was on the wall he wasn't coming back so he tanked the damn game I know conspiracy theory right I don't know sure looked like he played it completely different defense with one guy hurt all of a sudden the whole defense what's different this is Gilmore was playing banged up you go ahead and go against the grain and never make an adjustment and give up more than five touchdowns in a playoff game yeah that sounds like he sure was trying hard... :facepalm: :espn:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
100!! :hammer:

I mean it's odd right they think going back to 2009 there's some kind of correlation there's zero correlation even that what happened last year is gonna carry over into this year you all are some weird people and it feels strange no you mean it's strange is like a couple years ago we heard it was like historically bad offseason

and hey at @RonWashington you're hoping they blow it up?? seriously, I mean since when the teams blow things up not sign superstars just because you think you're 9 ohh by the way that was the year Peyton Manning finally broke through and won a Super Bowl you do realize Ron that it took Matthew Stafford leaving a team in order to win a Super Bowl literally a lot of great quarterbacks and players who have never won a Super Bowl they sure would look over and say hey should we break up a team that just won 36 games two division titles been in the playoffs 5 out of last eight years??

I sure hope some of you get so tired of going to the playoffs and losing that you start getting tired of never making the playoffs because that's how it probably goes like giant steps back and then five years from now we can hope to have three seasons in a row that looks just like this because that's the reality of sports you hope for something different so you want the team to blow up something that's been working in exchange for something you have no idea how it's gonna be?​
5 years might be a little optimistic. It all depends on if you can hit on a QB in the draft which is 50/50 at best. MM likes to draft QB’s every year but hasn’t done that here probably because of Jerry. It’s always best to be looking for the next QB no matter who you have on your team. Cowboys have Rush and Lance. We know what Rush is and we’ll soon find out about Lance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then he had mixed feelings about playing them and he somehow subconsciously didn't prepare his team to be his old team I mean the pressure might have broke him I know one thing Dan Quinn didn't have his defense prepared so we can get out Mike McCarthy short and curlies and wonder how Dan Quinn knew the writing was on the wall he wasn't coming back so he tanked the damn game I know conspiracy theory right I don't know sure looked like he played it completely different defense with one guy hurt all of a sudden the whole defense what's different this is Gilmore was playing banged up you go ahead and go against the grain and never make an adjustment and give up more than five touchdowns in a playoff game yeah that sounds like he sure was trying hard... :facepalm: :espn:
Usually, during the offseason I’ll go back and rewatch some of the games. I‘ll never watch that game again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
5 years might be a little optimistic. It all depends on if you can hit on a QB in the draft which is 50/50 at best. MM likes to draft QB’s every year but hasn’t done that here probably because of Jerry. It’s always best to be looking for the next QB no matter who you have on your team. Cowboys have Rush and Lance. We know what Rush is and we’ll soon find out about Lance.
Hey I was just trying to be fair to this conversation and be realistic and say OK worst case scenario would be five years but I don't think these fools understand that I think they're wishing they blow this team up and that somehow we're manically gonna get better than A12 win team and miracally get to a Super Bowl just it's gonna happen just get rid of Prescott get rid of McCarthy blow the team up and automatically you're better..

And at worst they have this delusion that thinks within five years they're gonna be better than A12 win team or they gonna be A10 win team that gets lucky with an Eli Manning or a Nick Foles and wins a Super Bowl by accident like trip into it that that's not usually how sports work you don't usually dismantle A-Team that's on A roll like this without an actual plan and there is nobody behind Prescott and there's nobody at running back or really looking at the defense that looks like they can cover up the quarterback with a elite team around them.. Our team is not in the 2000 Ravens not even close and even with the extra money if anybody thinks we're building a team that looks like that then we could throw anybody at quarterback they need to put down the pipe..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Usually, during the offseason I’ll go back and rewatch some of the games. I‘ll never watch that game again.
Yeah something was amiss I mean there is no explanation to how you can't even make a competitive team that's why I keep going back to Dan Quinn how do you roll out on your first series and make it look like practice that's right Alan Iverson I said it practice literally looked like we were forgetting we were in a playoff game and that it was preseason so we rolled out our preseason defense/..

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
The last time we got pummeled in a playoff game (Minnesota in 2009) we missed the playoffs the following season. It’s going to be hard to rebound this season after the debacle against the Packers in the playoffs.
Definitely has a 2010 feel entering this season

shabazz

Reaction score
When any team as dysfunctional and underachieving as this is, is about to get a disciplinarian like Belichick , things will appear to be strange.

It's a 180 from the status quo of the last quarter century.

Motorola

Reaction score
No, that is way expensive and pills and alcohol are no good for you. I'll just just stick to a nice bowl of Devils weed and just kick back and watch JJ's next move.

See, this helps me to put up with some of my favorite posters like AC, TMC, Rockhead, the "give me your thoughts guy", the Rambo guy that lives in fantasy land all the time, KJJ and some mean mods like Jazzcat and one or two others, and...I never have a hangover, plus it makes my guitar sing like a beautiful Songbird.
You left out the party from the other side - Pappy, MC, zrin, Mr_Honey, Hard, acr, Had, SteveTC, JoeK, gtb, 66, nated.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
The last time we got pummeled in a playoff game (Minnesota in 2009) we missed the playoffs the following season. It’s going to be hard to rebound this season after the debacle against the Packers in the playoffs.
..yep, that doubtful feel is lingering. Throw in our schedule, which is middle of the pack. Still looks daunting.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
................23' ended real bad for Dallas. A punch in the gut exit.

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

...anyone else getting that eerie feeling about 24'?
My confusion stems from not knowing if 2024 will be a season to tank or be fools again, let Dak take us into the wild card and flop again. And with the requisite lousy draft pick in 2025.

Praxit

Reaction score
..thats true. Media will hype anything for ratings.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
..yep, that doubtful feel is lingering. Throw in our schedule, which is middle of the pack. Still looks daunting.
We’re going to be counting on several unproven players. Having to go with Mazi is a scary thought with all the problems we’ve had stopping the run.

Praxit

Reaction score
My confusion stems from not knowing if 2024 will be a season to tank or be fools again, let Dak take us into the wild card and flop again. And with the requisite lousy draft pick in 2025.
..that's just the case. We had it so good last year. I just dont see them replicating the situation. Especially with all the speculations amounting.

Praxit

Reaction score
We’re going to be counting on several unproven players. Having to go with Mazi is a scary thought with all the problems we’ve had stopping the run.
...yep, Mazi will be huge piece to making it work.

All we can do is hope Zimmer can pull some magic from somewhere.