I cant remember a coming season, feeling as strange as 2024

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
...yep, Mazi will be huge piece to making it work.

All we can do is hope Zimmer can pull some magic from somewhere.
Hope and a lot of prayers when it comes to Mazi stopping the run.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully Mazi’s at an all you can eat buffet somewhere.
According to what Zimmer said, Mazi told him he wasn’t comfortable at 335 pounds. He said that was too much weight for him. We’ll see what his reported weight is when he arrives at training camp.

RonWashington

Reaction score
100!! :hammer:

I mean it's odd right they think going back to 2009 there's some kind of correlation there's zero correlation even that what happened last year is gonna carry over into this year you all are some weird people and it feels strange no you mean it's strange is like a couple years ago we heard it was like historically bad offseason

and hey at @RonWashington you're hoping they blow it up?? seriously, I mean since when the teams blow things up not sign superstars just because you think you're 9 ohh by the way that was the year Peyton Manning finally broke through and won a Super Bowl you do realize Ron that it took Matthew Stafford leaving a team in order to win a Super Bowl literally a lot of great quarterbacks and players who have never won a Super Bowl they sure would look over and say hey should we break up a team that just won 36 games two division titles been in the playoffs 5 out of last eight years??

I sure hope some of you get so tired of going to the playoffs and losing that you start getting tired of never making the playoffs because that's how it probably goes like giant steps back and then five years from now we can hope to have three seasons in a row that looks just like this because that's the reality of sports you hope for something different so you want the team to blow up something that's been working in exchange for something you have no idea how it's gonna be?​

Who said anything about blowing it up ? I want MM & Dak to succeed in the playoffs . My thing is why extend them , particularly after the GB debacle . Go out and EARN a big extending contract .

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
................23' ended real bad for Dallas. A punch in the gut exit.

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

...anyone else getting that eerie feeling about 24'?
Agreed. I think at this point everyone but the Jonestown level delusional homers has a dead man walking feeling. There's no chance this season has a good outcome as Dak is who he is.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Now, we head into 24'. McCarthy showing signs of butting heads with Jerry headed into TC. What is really going on behind closed doors? The owners on the fence with Dak's contract. And they have their reasons so. Dak has shown, when the chips are down. He cant get it done.

Quinn left for another a division rival. Slipped a number of Dallas players to play for him. In return, we get Zimmer and old Dallas coach from golden 90s'.
Jerrys comments always ambiguous, as too what this team needs getting to next level. ...etc.....etc..

Eerie feeling number 28.

plymkr

Reaction score

I don’t know if I call it an eerie feeling, but this is the most frustrated and flat I’ve felt since 2000 or 2001. On good days I can see us competing. On bad days I can see this thing imploding. So I’m bracing for the worst and cautiously optimistic this will be a good season. I want this season to be a building block for the future. I want to end this season with an idea or plan for a long term outlook. So for me I want the QB question answered, on way or another, I want the coach question answered, one way or another.

I want to end 2024 with either a strong playoff run/Super Bowl or a complete implosion where it’s no doubt we have to rebuild. What I don’t want is an average season, make the playoffs, and get bounced in the first game. I’d rather go 2-15 and rebuild than do that again. Obviously I want a Super Bowl win first.

So I guess conflicted feelings as opposed to eerie.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The CowboysZone Fan Pharmacy is selling Zoloft at $75/pill. At first, the cost may seem a TEENY bit pricey but let's all ask ourselves the hard question. Isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

CowboysZone Wine & Spirits is selling Johnnie Walker Blue Label at $750/bottle. Again, isn't the cost worth it after ALL THESE YEARS???

:grin:
Y’all got any Rolaids to get rid of? We might need them real soon.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last time we got pummeled in a playoff game (Minnesota in 2009) we missed the playoffs the following season. It’s going to be hard to rebound this season after the debacle against the Packers in the playoffs.
I agree that taking an embarrassing home playoff loss to a #7 seeded opponent is hard for a team to overcome mentally. The first sign of adversity or failure will cause doubt to creep in. The players know McCarthy is hanging over a Cliff. If the team struggles early, we could see a repeat of 2010 where the players quit on Wade knowing he was gone.

Jerry keeping Big Mac on another year in my view was a very bad decision. Mac has done a good job in the regular season but he’s won one wild card game in 4 years. That embarrassing loss last January should have ended his time in Big D. It would have made a ton of sense to move on.

But Jerry doesn’t like to hire head coaches. It’s hard to find a victim, I mean Coach, who will put up with this dysfunctional 3 ring circus. Jerry hires guys he knows won’t scream when he meddles or oversteps. It’s his first requirement in a HC.Not talent, not accomplishments. He first requires a guy he’s comfortable with.

Sadly, I expect this season to be very difficult.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who said anything about blowing it up ? I want MM & Dak to succeed in the playoffs . My thing is why extend them , particularly after the GB debacle . Go out and EARN a big extending contract .
Actually I'm in agreement with that part I'm just talking about everybody here that is complaining he didn't get a contract the man should have been fired typically when you have that kind of production or lack thereof and preparedness in the playoffs with one year left on your deal most owners would have fired you so he should be kissing garry's feet breathing having a job not coming out and complaining... That was more to the other post about Mike McCarthy being fed up with Jerry with Jerry should be fed up with him but the strange feeling thing is not new I don't know why this is strange when a lot of offseasons were deemed terrible and somehow three straight seasons we've had twelve wins and two division titles and three straight playoff appearances I don't know why it feels more strange now because people are on one year deals to make them prove their worth and I don't see a problem with it why is it when a player is on a contract year and everyone says if they have a great year to be careful because they were just pushing real hard to prove themselves and it may level off the next year why is it any different for a coach you should make a coach who is in this situation where you think you might wanna keep him but you wanna see some progress meaning I wanna see an NFC championship game and I think Jerry does too I make yourself earn your contract and Bob started one of these posts before about the lame duck coach in all this nonsense jerry.
Jason Garrett was on a lame duck year once and had a very good season and went to the playoffs and got a new deal so why this all feels strange I don't know they think somehow Jerry's trying to undermine Mike McCartney's coaching staff but why would he do that if he was gonna do that he would have ask Prescott to take a trade somewhere back in February they would have worked on it so that way in March then it had some opportunities and you got rid of a quarterback versus paying this huge ridiculous cap hit this year why would you think we're blowing it up why would you think we're undermining our coach if we're bringing back virtually the same team there is very little about this team that's gonna be different and maybe that's what feels strange to people but I still don't understand that they just filled holes like they usually do coming up 36 wins in the last three seasons and playoffs in the last three seasons and two division titles in the last three seasons Jerry just added a few pieces to fill the holes didn't do anything radical but that's pretty much par for the course it's not strange it's pretty much normal here except for the fact that we're waiting on a lot of big deals from other contracts for players and coaches..

That's my point Jerry is not purposely tanking this season because you don't pay your quarterback that kind of hit without trying to move him if that's what you're thinking and you literally probably would have fired Mike McCarthy and hired some nobody promoted some dude on your staff that everybody would have been upset you know like the special teams coach...lol

mmohican29

Reaction score
No excuse for the team's performance against Green Bay as the #2 seed in the conference.

I'm done with caring about this team. It's done nothing even resembling a plan or effort in this off-season to avoid a similar result.

I expect nothing beyond a respectable regular season @ this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an unmitigated mess.

The Jones family has turned a proud franchise into a national joke. It is what it is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"I’m glad MM & Dak are on last yrs of contracts . Going on yr 5 for the coach yr 9 for the QB with no real playoff success . Here “ we go “ !

Now I fully expect the owner to screw it up start throwing contracts around ."

It just literally sounded like you're glad they didn't get their deals and that you're hope they're gone next year because you said start throwing contracts around but now I'm assuming you meant breaking down and signing them before the season instead of making them wait till next offseason but the problem with Prescott's contract is you can't do that I don't think you'll have his rights once the season ends he's just gonna say you should have signed me and now I'm gonna put myself out in the market he may give us a bite at the apple but more than likely him and his agents are gonna gonna be frustrated and go somewhere else... So he's the one deal that you probably have to do or you're probably losing the guy more than likely I'd say it's 75% chance if you don't get him a new contract before or during the season you know before the last game ends he's gonna shop his services and most likely he's gonna leave he wants to feel appreciated he's gonna get the full court press people are gonna be flying them everywhere whining and dining him and maybe he deserves to go somewhere else just like that article but.... I simply misunderstood what you meant..

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Appearances suggest a sluggish start to the season after a gut punch ending to 2023.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree that taking an embarrassing home playoff loss to a #7 seeded opponent is hard for a team to overcome mentally. The first sign of adversity or failure will cause doubt to creep in. The players know McCarthy is hanging over a Cliff. If the team struggles early, we could see a repeat of 2010 where the players quit on Wade knowing he was gone.

Jerry keeping Big Mac on another year in my view was a very bad decision. Mac has done a good job in the regular season but he’s won one wild card game in 4 years. That embarrassing loss last January should have ended his time in Big D. It would have made a ton of sense to move on.

But Jerry doesn’t like to hire head coaches. It’s hard to find a victim, I mean Coach, who will put up with this dysfunctional 3 ring circus. Jerry hires guys he knows won’t scream when he meddles or oversteps. It’s his first requirement in a HC.Not talent, not accomplishments. He first requires a guy he’s comfortable with.

The team doesn’t fight from McCarthy. In both games against the Packers in 2022 and the playoff game last season we didn’t step up despite how much the games meant to McCarthy and the team. We heard a lot about how the players wanted to win those games for big Mike, but I didn’t see much intensity in either game especially the playoff game. As soon as we get behind we begin to fold. We don’t show any resiliency. McCarthy should have been fired after the playoff debacle. Having him entering the season as a lame duck head coach could lead to the team quitting on him if we get off to a bad start or hit a rough patch later in the season. With the lackluster off-season we had that saw a number of players leave and little activity in free agency it’s created low expectations for the upcoming season. However, low expectations has led to better than expected seasons in the past.

Brax

Reaction score

I actually expect an entertaining one, will MM actually coach something himself as there’s no scapegoats for him this year. If he’s tired of Jerry meddling then it could be a disaster if he’s just there collecting a check waiting for the hammer to fall. Don’t blame him for sticking around for the 5 million but what an entertaining season watching the games and how it unfolds.