I didn't know Rod Smith was bleeding after Roy Hit Him!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy didn't cause that blood. Rod said in articles afterwards that his helmet got twisted and cut him, BEFORE Roy hit him. He said he also stayed down, not only cuz of the hit, but cuz blood had gotten into his eye and he couldn't see.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Roy didn't cause that blood. Rod said in articles afterwards that his helmet got twisted and cut him, BEFORE Roy hit him. He said he also stayed down, not only cuz of the hit, but cuz blood had gotten into his eye and he couldn't see.

Thanks for clearing that up. Still Roy is the man. :) Before Woodson was the man :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Wow...maybe Roy needs to lighten up a bit, it IS the Pro Bowl after all...

BS. The minute Roy doesn't go 100% is the minute HE gets hurt. I speak from experience.

Players get hurt when they don't go all out.

felix360

Reaction score
Man after seeing this pic i actually feel bad for the guy, he looks lost, did he get a concussion after the hit cuz he looks like he did.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
If you look at the reflection in the helmet you can see the guy standing there saying 'You got knocked the fug out.'

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Roy didn't cause that blood. Rod said in articles afterwards that his helmet got twisted and cut him, BEFORE Roy hit him.

No, it was after Roy hit him. Smith's helmet twisted and cut him when he hit the ground. Roy made contact before Smith's upper body hit the ground --

0646884602.jpg

Here's Smith's quote --

"When I hit the ground, I think somebody fell on top of me," Smith said. "I just ended up with my helmet kind of twisting and it hit me in the eye. I ended up with a cut."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=5321

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
No, it was after Roy hit him. Smith's helmet twisted and cut him when he hit the ground. Roy made contact before Smith's upper body hit the ground --

0646884602.jpg

Here's Smith's quote --

"When I hit the ground, I think somebody fell on top of me," Smith said. "I just ended up with my helmet kind of twisting and it hit me in the eye. I ended up with a cut."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=5321

smith made that up, and im sure of it. because after a hit like that there is no memory of what happened seconds before it! but i believe him, he is a respectable player :D. Roy did lay down the law as usual, just to prove that he deserved that pro bowl spot, but it woulda been nice to see that happen to some1 from the skins.

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
True, but it's the Pro Bowl...I mean, who knows, maybe he got cut, but shouldn't everyone be happy and stuff. If I were Roy, and I had to hit someone, I would be Chad Johnson and his loud mouth.

I guess it could be revenge for the dirtiness of the Denver OL...

it's only a little blood,,, NFL players bleed a little over the course of the season. Some of us like it because it's a good indicator that our guy laid him out. In the Pro Bowl, everybody wants to see the players show why they were invited,,, Larry Allen is supposed to bury a DT, Peyton Manning is supposed to throw a beautiful long bomb, and Roy Williams is supposed to knock somebody silly~ :cool:

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That's what went through my mind immediately too.

That was a great video. Whatever happened to JDSmith? I used to enjoy reading his posts.