I Didn't See Any Signing Today That Would Have Moved the Needle

J817

Reaction score
Except for the Wilkins signing and the Burns trade.

Guys like Hunter, and Leonard Williams are still out there. RB can be had in the draft.

The team doesn’t need to sign a player just to make a statement. To me we lost out on two guys (see above).

Mannix

Reaction score
I've NEVER seen Fisher cross the bootlicker line as he did this podcast....I'm proud of him for the FIRST time!!! WoW....I am shocked!!!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
this offense struggled last season because of lack of speed. Lots of speed guys signed today.

Aven8

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have hated to land luvu for just $12m per but as you said it’s still early. Not panicking but losing hope. Clock continues to tick.
My main concern is he and Queen are really the only young LB’s left outside of Jordan Brooks who is injury prone. Outside of that it’s over 30 LB’s.

That’s our biggest need and we can’t hide it again with tape and bubblegum. Why force a pick in the draft?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Kendricks is still out there. That’s probably coming. He or Wagner. Both won’t be very expensive.

Kendrick’s sucks. I agree with you that a lot of this is just overreaction but Kendrick is nowhere near the same player, he’s a good start but he isn’t solving the run issue with this team

Mr_437

Reaction score
You won't see a signing or draft this whole offseason move the needle. One n Done Boys are back in effect, so be happy to just make the playoffs.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Except for the Wilkins signing and the Burns trade.

Guys like Hunter, and Leonard Williams are still out there. RB can be had in the draft.

The team doesn’t need to sign a player just to make a statement. To me we lost out on two guys (see above).
So you saw 2. Hence your thread title is BS.

J817

Reaction score
Kendrick’s sucks. I agree with you that a lot of this is just overreaction but Kendrick is nowhere near the same player, he’s a good start but he isn’t solving the run issue with this team
Im not a fan of signing guys over 30. Im not saying he’s the answer. I’m saying he’s probably coming.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have hated to land luvu for just $12m per but as you said it’s still early. Not panicking but losing hope. Clock continues to tick.
this^ At least we are seeing other teams TRY while we just stand pat. NOT TRYING MEANS BETTER CHANCE OF FAILURE. I can easily see us keep LVE ,then pretend he solves our issues at linebacker. This is how delusional our F.O. is. Just look when we signed Michael Gallup to a big deal fresh off of a major injury. How'd that work out? Now we are cutting him.We need 3 new starters at linebacker. We don't even have 1 capable starter.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can see him being a possibility because he should be cheaper due to age/decline. If he's not, we'll move on down the list. Same with RB, possibly DL (although we'll probably just re-sign Hankins), possibly C (although I could see us saying we're satisfied with Hoffman as the place-holder).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kendricks is still out there. That’s probably coming. Him or Wagner. Both won’t be very expensive.
Kendricks is below average and never healthy anymore. Wagner on a 1 year deal, Im fine with. I can already see the gears turning in Stevie's head. He will sign LVE fresh off injury, then MAYBE go sign a guy like Wagner, then he will declare the problem they created, SOLVED...heading into the draft. Then we won't even draft a linebacker because, you guessed it, they like their guy ie Overshown as the next great thing at linebacker, even though he's still rehabbing lmao....and never played a down of NFL ball at linebacker. This crap is what they do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the 3 starters at linebacker in 2024 might look something like this. LVE,WAGNER and Overshown. With Clark being a rotational guy. Again, our linebacker room will be an Achilles heel.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
the 3 starters at linebacker in 2024 might look something like this. LVE,WAGNER and Overshown. With Clark being a rotational guy. Again, our linebacker room will be an Achilles heel.
Not sure if lve comes back with his neck issues
But I agree most likely 2 random guys and overshown and clark.