I Didn't See Any Signing Today That Would Have Moved the Needle

J817

Reaction score
Kendricks is below average and never healthy anymore. Wagner on a 1 year deal, Im fine with. I can already see the gears turning in Stevie's head. He will sign LVE fresh off injury, then MAYBE go sign a guy like Wagner, then he will declare the problem they created, SOLVED...heading into the draft. Then we won't even draft a linebacker because, you guessed it, they like their guy ie Overshown as the next great thing at linebacker, even though he's still rehabbing lmao....and never played a down of NFL ball at linebacker. This crap is what they do.
Your giving them to much credit. There is no way they see the 220 Ib Overshown as the future MLB (where they will ask Wagner or Kendricks to play). They will sign Kendricks or Wagner and leave it at that (they have Carter in case of injury to either) and hope there is a great prospect in next years draft (an injury prone guy they can nab in the 2nd).

Kwyn

Reaction score
Kendricks is still out there. That’s probably coming. Him or Wagner. Both won’t be very expensive.
Seahawk fans are talking that Wagner is done and the huge tackle numbers were due to scheme and poor players around him. They are saying that he’s now completely lost in coverage and is essentially washed.

Hard to reconcile with the media fanfare and numbers but can’t disregard their fan base completely.

Not claiming either way but this could be a buyer beware kind of like we saw with Byard last year.

Havic

Reaction score
Not move the needle, but NFC East is more competitive now and will certainly be so post draft.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Seahawk fans are talking that Wagner is done and the huge tackle numbers were due to scheme and poor players around him. They are saying that he’s now completely lost in coverage and is essentially washed.

Hard to reconcile with the media fanfare and numbers but can’t disregard their fan base completely.

Not claiming either way but this could be a buyer beware kind of like we saw with Byard last year.
I only caught a few Seattle games last year but Wanger didnt look like the Wagner of even a couple years ago. Still probably upgrades the run defense, but as you said he seems to be a step slower in coverage. Would be a pretty typical Cowboy move to sign a guy a couple years too late when he's cheaper and on the decline.

tm1119

Reaction score
This is stage 1 of cowboys fan off season denial. We see the same post almost word for word every single year.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Luvu was a huge get for DQ. 12 million is squat for a stud LB
I was about to say this. Luvu would have been huge for this team. In fact, if we could have had only one free agent, I would have picked him.

Al Shaair would have been a good fit too.

If this front office thinks that Damone Clark, Bell, and Overshown is an acceptable grouping of starting NFL linebackers... whew, Jerry and I have different definitions of all in.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I saw him regress this year. In 2022 he was much better for the Rams. While he's markedly better than what we have , its buyer beware. He just may be done.

J817

Reaction score
This is stage 1 of cowboys fan off season denial. We see the same post almost word for word every single year.
This is me being optimistic. Im told I’m never optimistic.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
lol the offense didn’t struggle overall in regular season
When it did it was because we couldn’t run the football
What happened against San Fran? What about Buffalo? Oh yeah, those weren't the normal under 500 teams we like to beat up. We couldn't run the ball because they man up on the outside and bring defenders to the box to shut the run down because there is zero threat of a functional QB. We 100% lost because of our QB. Just like the year before to SF and the year before that to SF.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I only caught a few Seattle games last year but Wanger didnt look like the Wagner of even a couple years ago. Still probably upgrades the run defense, but as you said he seems to be a step slower in coverage. Would be a pretty typical Cowboy move to sign a guy a couple years too late when he's cheaper and on the decline.
agree. He looked too big and slower to get to the ball in coverage. Good against the run, but I saw run plays where he made business decisions too often. Like I said before, he's still an upgrade for us.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Can see him being a possibility because he should be cheaper due to age/decline. If he's not, we'll move on down the list. Same with RB, possibly DL (although we'll probably just re-sign Hankins), possibly C (although I could see us saying we're satisfied with Hoffman as the place-holder).

Oh I agree I’m just saying…we should temper expectations with Kendrick’s

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If they think just resigning Hankins is going to do it, they must have been sleeping the last 2 seasons. Need him and another DT.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh I agree I’m just saying…we should temper expectations with Kendrick’s
Our expectations should be low for any free agents we'll end up signing. There will be a reason why they took our cheap offer, whether it's age, coming off injury, coming off a year of poor production or being a never-has-been with a lot of potential.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If they think just resigning Hankins is going to do it, they must have been sleeping the last 2 seasons. Need him and another DT.
Nah, we got Mazi going into his second year. We're counting on vast improvement without any evidence to support it.