I Didn't See Any Signing Today That Would Have Moved the Needle

Aven8

Reaction score
Kendricks is still out there. That’s probably coming. Him or Wagner. Both won’t be very expensive.
Those guys can’t move anymore. Wagner is awful in coverage as well.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Our expectations should be low for any free agents we'll end up signing. There will be a reason why they took our cheap offer, whether it's age, coming off injury, coming off a year of poor production or being a never-has-been with a lot of potential.

Right but the disconnect is between what you’re saying and what many here are saying is that we don’t have to always shop at dollar tree.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Right but the disconnect is between what you’re saying and what many here are saying is that we don’t have to always shop at dollar tree.
We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree, but that's what we do. This is the Joneses' FA philosophy: Pay your own, and shop for bargains.

I can understand hoping that would change, especially with Jerry's "all-in" comment, but they have been backpedaling on that ever since he said it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
A). The Jones boys really think we are close and don't need any help other than in the draft.
B). They know we aren't just one or two players away and therefore won't spend the money knowing it won't put us over the top.
C) It's just a business and all about the money and they don't really care as long as the Cowboys are relevant.

I'd say mostly C and possibly B.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree, but that's what we do. This is the Joneses' FA philosophy: Pay your own, and shop for bargains.

I can understand hoping that would change, especially with Jerry's "all-in" comment, but they have been backpedaling on that ever since he said it.

I know I’ve been talking about it all day

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I really dont find a problem with this. IF anything i was hoping on offense, on defense, im not the biggest fan of Zimmer, but let him make his moves. he knew FA was coming, hopefully he gave Jerry a list of guys to get, if not, no biggie either, i have no expectations for next year.

Me personally, season is over.

But id rather have Zimmer do what he wants to do and not look like a puppet. I dont like his style, but i dont wish him the Cowboys treatment.

If it does happen, he knew what he was getting into.