I disagree with most of you about the offensive line

Zordon

Reaction score
i pray the front office has the exact opposite opinion of them in the offseason.

Gameover

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4917633 said:
Thing is, he can avoid pressure, mentioning IR is just creating drama. If Romo more like Brees, who gets rid of the ball quicker and has a tendency not to wait and try to make the huge plays Romo tries to make, then there would be less pressure on the OL.

What he posted!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Running blocking has been horrible, but the pass blocking has gotten better with the Parnell and Free competition.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Going into next season with Bernie and Free as starters would be an epic fail.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
FanSince61;4917670 said:
This thread sounds like this thread that was locked.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=249722

Haha I know it does. I created that thread. Me and this OP are not the same guy. Only reason they locked that one was because I posted it during the game. I didn't know you weren't allowed to do that. But yea, when I was reading this I kept thinking this is basically what I said earlier today. Maybe the OP read my thread and wanted to comment on it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xwalker;4917558 said:
The pass blocking has been good enough to win, but the run blocking is terrible. Cook is a good pass blocker but is not and never will be a good run blocker.

Parnell is already better at RT than Bernadeau is a RG, IMO.

Even if the starting OL was good enough, the depth is minimal/unproven.

I think you just about nailed it. Bernadeau would make a pretty good swing interior OL. We need an upgrade at RT whether that's Parnell and another player or just another starter in FA. Costa is a significant improvement in terms of run blocking, but his injury history is now concerning. And, yes, the OL has gotten better--as it should have been expected to do--with the reps it never had a chance to get during the preseason.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CATCH17;4917540 said:
I'm cool with Livings, and Tyron. I can be sold on Costa as well.

The right side needs to be remodeled.

I can live with this for next year since we can't really remodel the entire offensive line in one offseason. I'd still like an upgrade for everyone but Tyron over the next couple of years though.

popp1234

Reaction score
Pessimist_cowboy;4917514 said:
About one thing : the offensive line . I don't see huge needs here like most of you do . I think livings has played great this year and Bernadeau has gotten much better . Smith has played well . Now I do agree we can use an upgrade with one position RT. I wouldnt mind getting a new RT and just letting costa and cook complete for the starting spot . Cook has been playing great these last 4 games .

PS the defense line / OLB is a different story we need 3 new DL and a new safety .

Come on, Jerry. The gigs up. I know it's you.

Zordon

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;4917981 said:
Why do our own fans hate Romo so much?
jerry hates romo more than juck, ren, ufcrules1, and gameover combined.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Zordon;4917992 said:
jerry hates romo more than juck, ren, ufcrules1, and gameover combined.

LOL It seems like it. Hopefully he proves us wrong this off season and beefs that line up.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
About one thing : the offensive line . I don't see huge needs here like most of you do . I think livings has played great this year and Bernadeau has gotten much better . Smith has played well . Now I do agree we can use an upgrade with one position RT. I wouldnt mind getting a new RT and just letting costa and cook complete for the starting spot . Cook has been playing great these last 4 games .

PS the defense line / OLB is a different story we need 3 new DL and a new safety .

Jerry?? Is that you posting on the Zone again?

fifaguy

Reaction score

Sorry, I completely disagree. Our running game has become non-existent and Romo is scrambling for his life a good part of the time.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think I know what is going here, the offensive line was soooo bad all year, now that they had two OK games it feels like they are playing better then they are.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4917516 said:
40 yards rushing.

Your going to tell me Murray can get 6.1 yrds a carry on Pittsburgh the 1 rush def in the nfl but cant run on the worst? Garrett laid a egg on game planning.