I do believe I have it figured out

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The mods can attest to this fact that when the organization fields a contender that plays hard and wins, the "negativity" on the forum goes away. don't take my word for it, ask the mods who deal with this every day. clearly, posters are not "negative", it is the team that is performing poorly and the people with ability to be objective will say that instead of having blinders on and looking for lollipops and rainbows.

Much of the negativity goes away but not all of it. There are still plenty of posters on here who fit in some of the categories below...

1. Only show up after a loss. When the team wins they are quiet as a church mouse, on sabbatical or oddly have no reason to talk about things. When the team loses again, they are the first to post in multiple threads.

2. Some negative posters that have become full of themselves and their online persona or agenda that they either can not or will not chance their negative tenancies. When they do admit a good thing about the team it is always followed by a negative...or they just give out back handed compliments.

3. Are full of hyperbole

Sure people will still look at the remaining deficiencies and point to potential short-comings and areas of improvement but that is not negative for the sake of being negative, that is wanting the team to get even better. I see nothing wrong with that. as a fan you want your team to do even better. rather have that than the constant predictions of 12-4 from posters that cant be objective and start call out threads once the team plays better after years and years of mediocrity completely ignoring the fact that they were completely wrong for years and years.

there is nothing wrong with posters saying that a team stuck at 8-8 year after year losing "win and youre in" games to division rivals year after year, in embarrassing fashion, is not a good team. that is a fact. if that upsets you, dont read the post. when the team plays better, it is fine to applaud the team.

for years many of us have pointed to clear areas of deficiency that the team should improve including the OL and front 7, and running the ball more but posters like you laughed and told us how defenses are built from the back end and how signing Carr and drafting Mo would improve the team and how garbage like Costa and Kowalski and Nagy were going to be world beaters and the team was doing a good job of addressing those needs. the reality is that was not the case. it is the height of crassness that when the team actually does what many of us had asked for and starts actually winning games, those (like yourself) who had laughed at those suggestions come out of their holes and start to crow and call out others. but that is who you are. you are not able to look yourself in the mirror and bring yourself to admit you were wrong.

it is called thinking for yourself, you should try it sometime.

Irony at it's best.

There were very few people who thought Costa, Kowalski and Nagy were going to be world beaters. That is they Hyperbole I mentioned above. Cause it was less people who thought they would be world beaters than people who are negative just to be negative even now. Just because some posters are positive about members of the team and HOPE they MIGHT turn out to be halfway decent it does not turn out to be word beaters.

Furthermore...it's hard for each side to call out the other in this fashion when both are not crowing about being right. The positive posters did not like the constant threads from negative users calling out others for being happy fans and pollyannas...just like the negative posters now don't like the positive posters for calling out them.

Maybe if both would quit starting call out threads, it would be better but don't act like it has not happened the other way around for a LOOONG time and now get butt sore when others do it to you...yes I said it.

We discourage both types of call out threads but if they are done we normally move them to the rant zone for a reason...because we don't like them.

So I say to those who don't like the call out threads that are Positive...or Negative...maybe quit posting them so you don't have to deal with them when they turn the other way around.

visionary

Reaction score
Much of the negativity goes away but not all of it. There are still plenty of posters on here who fit in some of the categories below...

1. Only show up after a loss. When the team wins they are quiet as a church mouse, on sabbatical or oddly have no reason to talk about things. When the team loses again, they are the first to post in multiple threads.

2. Some negative posters that have become full of themselves and their online persona or agenda that they either can not or will not chance their negative tenancies. When they do admit a good thing about the team it is always followed by a negative...or they just give out back handed compliments.

3. Are full of hyperbole

Irony at it's best.

There were very few people who thought Costa, Kowalski and Nagy were going to be world beaters. That is they Hyperbole I mentioned above. Cause it was less people who thought they would be world beaters than people who are negative just to be negative even now. Just because some posters are positive about members of the team and HOPE they MIGHT turn out to be halfway decent it does not turn out to be word beaters.

Furthermore...it's hard for each side to call out the other in this fashion when both are not crowing about being right. The positive posters did not like the constant threads from negative users calling out others for being happy fans and pollyannas...just like the negative posters now don't like the positive posters for calling out them.

Maybe if both would quit starting call out threads, it would be better but don't act like it has not happened the other way around for a LOOONG time and now get butt sore when others do it to you...yes I said it.

We discourage both types of call out threads but if they are done we normally move them to the rant zone for a reason...because we don't like them.

So I say to those who don't like the call out threads that are Positive...or Negative...maybe quit posting them so you don't have to deal with them when they turn the other way around.

I don't post "negative" or "positive" stuff just to get into the good books of someone. I call it like I see it.
When the team performs poorly, posters will say that. Why is that "wrong"?
When the team performs well, posters will say it. Why should they have to admit they were wrong previously when they were not?
If the sky was cloudy before (and I said so) but is clear now (and I am saying so), why was I wrong to say it was cloudy when it was in fact cloudy?

It is also very revealing that you did not feel the need to respond to BZs OP in this fashion but felt the need to do so to my post
One should leave one's agenda/friendship aside if one is trying to be objective, which of course you are not.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The mods can attest to this fact that when the organization fields a contender that plays hard and wins, the "negativity" on the forum goes away. don't take my word for it, ask the mods who deal with this every day. clearly, posters are not "negative", it is the team that is performing poorly and the people with ability to be objective will say that instead of having blinders on and looking for lollipops and rainbows.

Sure people will still look at the remaining deficiencies and point to potential short-comings and areas of improvement but that is not negative for the sake of being negative, that is wanting the team to get even better. I see nothing wrong with that. as a fan you want your team to do even better. rather have that than the constant predictions of 12-4 from posters that cant be objective and start call out threads once the team plays better after years and years of mediocrity completely ignoring the fact that they were completely wrong for years and years.

there is nothing wrong with posters saying that a team stuck at 8-8 year after year losing "win and youre in" games to division rivals year after year, in embarrassing fashion, is not a good team. that is a fact. if that upsets you, dont read the post. when the team plays better, it is fine to applaud the team.

for years many of us have pointed to clear areas of deficiency that the team should improve including the OL and front 7, and running the ball more but posters like you laughed and told us how defenses are built from the back end and how signing Carr and drafting Mo would improve the team and how garbage like Costa and Kowalski and Nagy were going to be world beaters and the team was doing a good job of addressing those needs. the reality is that was not the case. it is the height of crassness that when the team actually does what many of us had asked for and starts actually winning games, those (like yourself) who had laughed at those suggestions come out of their holes and start to crow and call out others. but that is who you are. you are not able to look yourself in the mirror and bring yourself to admit you were wrong.

The word delusional comes to mind.

Show the world a post where I said we did not need help on the OL...in fact, while you and others were ripping Garrett on being pass happy I was the one saying we couldn't run the ball well with the OL we had...ring a bell?

Once again you are playing both sides. On one hand you are saying we underachieved at 8-8 and on the other you are saying we are winning because we improved...it is laughable.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't post "negative" or "positive" stuff just to get into the good books of someone. I call it like I see it.
When the team performs poorly, posters will say that. Why is that "wrong"?
When the team performs well, posters will say it. Why should they have to admit they were wrong previously when they were not?
If the sky was cloudy before (and I said so) but is clear now (and I am saying so), why was I wrong to say it was cloudy when it was in fact cloudy?

It is also very revealing that you did not feel the need to respond to BZs OP in this fashion but felt the need to do so to my post
One should leave one's agenda/friendship aside if one is trying to be objective, which of course you are not.

It is also very revealing that you are so one sided in your reading of what I wrote to realize I was responding to BOTH the positive call out and negative call out posters which would include the OP in this CALL out thread.

I have no more of a friendship with BZ than I do with you. So the only one not being objective (since I am calling out both) is you.

If you get buttsore because of it...that is on you.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

Wow. You couldn't be more spot on.