Twitter: I don't buy Zeke's knee injury excuse

heir

Reaction score
This thread is a good example of where we're at in society. It doesn't matter what is right in front of you, people are going to believe what they want to be true. Everyone from players to coaches to executives were raving about the type of shape Zeke was in coming into camp, his ypg were on his pace with his sophomore season and then right around the time he was supposed to have been injured, his numbers seemingly fall of a cliff. Think about that for a minute, best shape in his career, numbers in line with his sophomore season, numbers tank out of nowhere...and people actually believe he wasn't injured.
It's absolutely crazy in here man. Lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Another thing I find interesting......How this dude just continues to live one lie after another...as if it's no big deal.

@ some point....you would think Jerry would catch on....you surround yourself w/ good people...good things happen.

:popcorn:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This thread is a good example of where we're at in society. It doesn't matter what is right in front of you, people are going to believe what they want to be true. Everyone from players to coaches to executives were raving about the type of shape Zeke was in coming into camp, his ypg were on his pace with his sophomore season and then right around the time he was supposed to have been injured, his numbers seemingly fall of a cliff. Think about that for a minute, best shape in his career, numbers in line with his sophomore season, numbers tank out of nowhere...and people actually believe he wasn't injured.

By week 5......I bet he had put on all the weight he had lost during the off-season. He probably eats like a pig during the season. He is just one of those guys that never "gets it"...and has lived off his natural ability. Well guess what??? Father time is calling....the shelf life of a running back like him....is over. Look @ Earl Campbell....

Look familiar????

1978 Houston

1979 Houston

1980 Houston

1981 Houston

1982 Houston

1983 Houston

1984 Houston/New Orleans

1985 New Orleans

kramskoi

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you don't either but some of you might.

Consider this. He apparently injured the knee week 4 against the Panthers.

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I'm sure he had a knee issue but I think it's been used to cover for a rapidly declining once superstar. A player the Cowboys are not only heavily invested in and loyal to because of the contract but the fact that he's the QB's best friend.

This is a real problem and it's not going away in 2022. No matter how many awesome offseason workout videos he posts.

You guys just won't quit with this nonsense. Geez. Ever wonder what happens when a quarterback's yearly passing attempts rise from 459 to over 600? I'll tell you...running attempts as a causation must come down. Couple that with split carries and a pass happy OC and you don't exactly have fertile ground for the RBs. Hobbled and misused he still gave you 1300 all purpose yds with 12TDs...on split carries. Elliott avg 4.2 ypc in 2021...4.1 ypc in 2017.

ESisback

Reaction score
McCarthy knows more about football than probably 99% of the posters on this forum, but because they lost, he’s a boob. Of course, he’s overweight too, which certifies his incompetency.

People want/need one or two people to blame for the team’s lack of success, but I always like to think it’s a collection of variable—a literal “death by a thousand cuts”.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I buy it week 4 or 5, then a big drop off. The thing is I looked up the pcl injury it takes 6- 12 weeks to heal or if he has surgery 12 months recovery. That means you shut zeke down week 5, that didn’t happen.

Zekes what almost 30? You think he’s sitting out a year without pay(not sure how the guaranteed money works w injury). Why didn’t they shut him down? It’s got to be they knew he was already paid and try to win one last time.

Now he’s done for sure. a pcl is the same as an acl 12 months at least. But I guess maybe they all knew that anyways. It really jacked up the season and if you knew it week 4 then bring in another RB, too me that’s the frustrating thing.

lukin2006

Reaction score
You can argue about the bum all you want. If he’s on the roster next year then Dallas don’t wanna win. There is nothing likeable about Elliot…

AzorAhai

Reaction score
One of Jerry's best decisions - paying Elliott what he did.

There were a lot of smart people here that said it was a bad idea. There were also a lot of people here who thought Elliott was this transcedent player that we had to sign. Those people look completely foolish at this time.
Never wanted him to begin with. We were at the start of the trend that saw RBs come back to the forefront due mostly to 2014. After a few years of no 1st Rd RBs being taken it happened a lot the next few years. Gurley, Zeke, Gordon, Fournette, Barkley amongst others all taken high. All mistakes. It’s well documented Ramsey is who most wanted who were opposed to a RB at 4. He’s going to be a decade plus All-Pro caliber player while Zeke is just another flash in the pan who couldn’t buck the steep RB decline trend.

You don’t draft RBs high and you don’t pay them big money. Anyone who can’t see that it’s a fundamental team building rule is foolish. Of course we did both.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think Cole Beasley dropped some truth bombs about how this organization operates when he left:

“I was seeing that even though I was better, it didn’t matter almost,” Beasley said of his rookie experience. “I got frustrated, more frustrated than I should’ve. It was a wake-up call for me what the NFL was. It wasn’t real, not what I thought it was.

“You automatically assume the best players in the NFL always play. Then you get there, and you realize it’s not always the case. I wondered what I was working for. The coaches keep telling me I’m undrafted, I’m small, take no days off, I have to earn it every day. And I felt like I was, but maybe I’m still not going to get it because this other guy is making $8 million, and they have to justify signing him.”
When you use a bomb-thrower like Cole Beasly to make a point you ruin your own argument.

visionary

Reaction score

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I'm sure he had a knee issue but I think it's been used to cover for a rapidly declining once superstar. A player the Cowboys are not only heavily invested in and loyal to because of the contract but the fact that he's the QB's best friend.

This is a real problem and it's not going away in 2022. No matter how many awesome offseason workout videos he posts.

even after 5 videos?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All of this would have been prevented by not drafting a RB in the 1st round, 4th overall. The O line and D line are always the priority.

khiladi

Reaction score

Well, Dak-stans blamed a shoulder injury on their QB when he lost to the garbage Eagles to choke away the playoffs in 2019, when he threw over 40 times that game.. Now he sucks because of the calf injury..

And then they cry about Romo being ‘injury prone’….

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke was drafted for Romo, period. He was the replacement for Murray, after Dallas didn’t pay him what he wanted.

The idiocy was in starting Dak. The rest is just a chain reaction to that move. They had the OL and RG in place, with the QB to make a run.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hard to do with a blocking scheme that allows LBs to hit RB as soon as he touches the ball 3 yards deep.

And yes TP should have gotten more touches in Zeke’s place and while Zeke is in the game too.

I’m not arguing the blocking wasn’t an issue. It certainly was. We need to improve the interior OL.

But just look at Zeke. Everybody knew he was hurt and wasn’t the same. Everybody. Everybody.

Every cowboys podcast talked about it.

the radio stations all talked about it.

there were articles written about it.

every single person who watches the cowboys knew Zeke wasn’t healthy and wasn’t as effective because of it.

Yet they didn’t even give him a single damn game off to rest all season long.

It was malpractice.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's not about me not liking it. It's about you doubling down on your own ignorance. ;)
All I did was post the Beasley quote reference what most of us knowledgeable people are able to see.

You say things like "Micah Parson is a bad draft pick and will be a bust".

I have a hard time talking to people that don't know football.