I don't care what else you have, you need a QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you don't have a QB, especially on a team as undercoached offensively as we are, then the rest of the supporting cast doesn't even matter.

Priority #1 this offseason is draft a QB or sign a QB who is in the 20-25 league rankings. Or just do both.

As long as we are stuck with Garrett and Romo is aging I think this year proves that we will need 2 guys that can play that position at all times because the 2nd guy will have to play in an offense that has 0 deception, or creativity.

Nothing but predictable tendencies for a backup here in Dallas so we have to find another guy.

Forget safety, forget WR, forget all of it. QB is priority #1.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Their is some buzz that Lions could be looking to move on from Mathew Stafford soon. Don't know if their is much truth to this but he is a decent QB.

RS12

Reaction score
Good chance Kaepernick is out in SF after the year too. Probably need a Mark Trestman type to salvage him though and definitely a strong run game.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Good chance Kaepernick is out in SF after the year too. Probably need a Mark Trestman type to salvage him though and definitely a strong run game.

Don't know about that after the game he had on Sunday. His OL is terrible. We will know by 4/1/16 because that is the deadline the Niners have to decide to keep him on the roster and pay his full guaranteed salary which I believe is about 17 mil for 2016. If he gets injured he gets the full guarantee of 33 mil. The Niners took out a 20 mil disability policy to protect themselves against that though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread speaks the truth. The problem is, there are less than 32 of those guys on the planet, and you only can get them by spending a fortune, and then spending a lot of time with them, and even then there's a huge element of luck involved. Nobody wants to hear it, but backups like Weeden and Cassel are more the rule than the exception.

I agree, though, that it's past time to spend a high pick on a guy who we think can play at some point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their is some buzz that Lions could be looking to move on from Mathew Stafford soon. Don't know if their is much truth to this but he is a decent QB.

Haven't watched him lately have you? Since his monster year in 2011 his play has slipped each year to the point he got yanked for Dan Orlovsky last Sunday. If I were a Lions fan, I would be begging the Lion FO to get a long term replacement ASAP. It's possible a change of scenery could help turn Staffords career around but at this point I'd pass on him in big D.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He keeps banging the idiotic fan crutch drum of an under coached roster.

You can't produce with Brandon Weeden, Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Devon Street?

Get the heck out of town with your pre-school schemes.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Haven't watched him lately have you? Since his monster year in 2011 his play has slipped each year to the point he got yanked for Dan Orlovsky last Sunday. If I were a Lions fan, I would be begging the Lion FO to get a long term replacement ASAP. It's possible a change of scenery could help turn Staffords career around but at this point I'd pass on him in big D.

I was just saying. Op wanted to draft or sign our next QB to learn behind Romo. Good QB's dont see free agency. He is pretty much as good as u will get thru free agency. Best draft our next one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He keeps banging the idiotic fan crutch drum of an under coached roster.

You can't produce with Brandon Weeden, Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Devon Street?

Get the heck out of town with your pre-school schemes.

You sure as heck can't even pick up a first down when you line up and give away what you're doing every play.

Who can't coach with Romo?

The NFL is evolving and the Cowboys are still stuck in the 90's.

We just watched the Patriots play pitch and catch football on us running pick routes all day.

Coaches and Scheme matter.. Learn the game and quit thinking like a fossil.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sure as heck can't even pick up a first down when you line up and give away what you're doing every play.

Who can't coach with Romo?

The NFL is evolving and the Cowboys are still stuck in the 90's.

We just watched the Patriots play pitch and catch football on us running pick routes all day.

Coaches and Scheme matter.. Learn the game and quit thinking like a fossil.

What I know is you're a Joe Fan who doesn't know what he's talking about. Using the same tired excuse of coaching failure rather than admit your team lacks talent.

No coach on the planet can win with the slop at the skill positions the Cowboys are currently fielding. Weeden is a walking abortion. Randle is a roster filler on a good team. Devon Street belongs in NFL Europe.

But please continue. I laugh at every one of these references. I've been listening to the face painters blame coaches for years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What I know is you're a Joe Fan who doesn't know what he's talking about. Using the same tired excuse of coaching failure rather than admit your team lacks talent.

No coach on the planet can win with the slop at the skill positions the Cowboys are currently fielding. Weeden is a walking abortion. Randle is a roster filler on a good team. Devon Street belongs in NFL Europe.

But please continue. I laugh at every one of these references. I've been listening to the face painters blame coaches for years.

The coach is gutless and tells the defense what we're doing..

I'm not asking them to go win the Super Bowl with the b team.. I'm asking them to win 2 or 3 games out of 8.

There are definetely coaches that could do that.

I know it's hard to believe but Weeden has won some games in this league so it can be done.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
This thread speaks the truth. The problem is, there are less than 32 of those guys on the planet, and you only can get them by spending a fortune, and then spending a lot of time with them, and even then there's a huge element of luck involved. Nobody wants to hear it, but backups like Weeden and Cassel are more the rule than the exception.

I agree, though, that it's past time to spend a high pick on a guy who we think can play at some point.

i tend to disagree...your low picks usually, at least to me, tend to do better than high picks.

warner, romo, brady, wilson....all really low picks/undrafted.

i think its more luck and scouting than anything.

dallasdave

Reaction score

:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He didn't hit squat on the head.

Weeden won games in Cleveland as a rookie and 2nd year player.

Having stupid coaches that want everyone to know what we're doing hurt us.

Deny it all you want but Atlanta and New Orleans were winnable games and the gutless approach cost us both times.

Also, Joe Fan here wants the Cowboys to do what all of the smart NFL coaches are doing and that's use the pick routes and WR screens that take big advantage of the rules.

If the best coaches in the NFL all the way down to Joe Fan can see it then surely the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys should be able to see it.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who's everyone projecting the Cowboys target in the draft? Hackenberg? Cook? Towles? Paxton Lynch?

dallasdave

Reaction score
He didn't hit squat on the head.

Weeden won games in Cleveland as a rookie and 2nd year player.

Having stupid coaches that want everyone to know what we're doing hurt us.

Deny it all you want but Atlanta and New Orleans were winnable games and the gutless approach cost us both times.

Also, Joe Fan here wants the Cowboys to do what all of the smart NFL coaches are doing and that's use the pick routes and WR screens that take big advantage of the rules.

If the best coaches in the NFL all the way down to Joe Fan can see it then surely the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys should be able to see it.

He was dead on about Weeden and Street, if you want those players on your team you must want to lose !!!