I don't care what else you have, you need a QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's hard to blame the coaches when your playing scrubs.

I blame them for not trying.

I can't excuse gutless football.

They had 2 years to replace Weeden and all they did was tell us how great he is for 2 years so if he is so great and has improved so much then why can't we get a few more first downs?

Weeden is not good. I think we can all agree. But laying down and basically quitting is not what our coaches should be doing.

Even Simms is on the broadcast saying Dallas needs to be less predictable and more deceptive.

If we had a Offensive system worth a darn I truly believe we would have 1 Superbowl by now in the Romo era.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson won super bowls when they had great talent. They didn't win super bowl when they didn't.

Talent makes the coach more than the coach makes the talent.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who's everyone projecting the Cowboys target in the draft? Hackenberg? Cook? Towles? Paxton Lynch?

Good call on Paxton Lynch. He appears to be rising up the charts. 6'7" and 245 lbs. 5-0 start, 10 TD's, no INT thrown. Last year he threw 22 TD with only 9 INT while throwing for over 3000 yards.
paxtonlynchmemphis.jpg

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Their is some buzz that Lions could be looking to move on from Mathew Stafford soon. Don't know if their is much truth to this but he is a decent QB.

Mathew Stafford is a top-15-20 QB, do you really think we're going to pay him that kind of money to ride the bench behind Romo?

Last edited:

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Good chance Kaepernick is out in SF after the year too. Probably need a Mark Trestman type to salvage him though and definitely a strong run game.

Again, Kaepernick would want to be a starter, which he probably should be somewhere, so I hope you're not suggesting ditching Romo for Keapernick...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you don't have a QB, especially on a team as undercoached offensively as we are, then the rest of the supporting cast doesn't even matter.

Priority #1 this offseason is draft a QB or sign a QB who is in the 20-25 league rankings. Or just do both.

As long as we are stuck with Garrett and Romo is aging I think this year proves that we will need 2 guys that can play that position at all times because the 2nd guy will have to play in an offense that has 0 deception, or creativity.

Nothing but predictable tendencies for a backup here in Dallas so we have to find another guy.

Forget safety, forget WR, forget all of it. QB is priority #1.

I agree that you have to have a good QB to win but also you need more than that to win Super Bowls. You gave to be strong in the trenches as well.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I agree that you have to have a good QB to win but also you need more than that to win Super Bowls. You gave to be strong in the trenches as well.

Exactly... Which is why our priority should be DT, unless there's an equally good FS, but certainly the top priority is not QB! Romo's still been playing like a MVP, for all we know he'll stay completely healthy and play at this level for the next 3-4 years... It wouldn't be the norm, but I think we should know by now after the way he came back from his back surgery last season, Romo is exceptional in many ways, and he just might be great for another 5 years...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Agree.. But as you can see.. A strong Oline provides nothing without Romo when Garrett is telling everyone what we are doing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Agree.. But as you can see.. A strong Oline provides nothing without Romo when Garrett is telling everyone what we are doing.

Any team that loses a top 5 QB and a top 3 WR is going to struggle.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Mathew Stafford is a top-15-20 QB, do you really think we're going to pay him that kind of money to ride the bench behind Romo?
Nope but i pointing out that he was possibly going to be a free agent because OP wanted to sign a top 20 QB.