I don't get it millions of young coaches out there with new ideas

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
By promoting from within it assures guys like Jerry and Garrett that they will remain in control.

Got news for you ... Jerry doesn't need any assurance to be in control. He owns the team and has ultimate control. Who the heck has the

Now JG has nothing. He has no control and no assurances.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry wants to commit to any new contracts, only to fire them all after next year.

This. Garrett is going to be doing a lot of coaching in his contract year. He gotta coach the players. kellen moore and kitna lol.

Zordon

Reaction score
maybe garrett doesn't know anybody? he has no coaching tree, few connections other than his time with saban.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No, just an observation opined. Personally I feel to want to hurt someone there should be some emotional investment in them so, again, the answer is no.
So ... that was meant to really hurt, yes? Like a coup de grace?
I might never recover.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't get to the Super Bowl, you aren't great. A coach is judged by WINNING. If you can't win enough to get your team to the big game, I can't call you great.
And to head off an example, Don Coryell implemented a great offensive system, but he was just a good head coach.
That’s the most ridiculous description I’ve ever heard. But I’m not surprised with the Super Bowl or Bust mentality.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
At least you’re honest that you don’t get it. Most people don’t admit their stupidity.
err, err......and yet zero input on the topic. Just another zone, cowboy, jerry and jason supporter I see. Brainwashed to the fullest. It's fans like you with zero thought that hold this organization back and keep filling the elites pockets.

Londonboy

Reaction score
You don't get to the Super Bowl, you aren't great. A coach is judged by WINNING. If you can't win enough to get your team to the big game, I can't call you great.
And to head off an example, Don Coryell implemented a great offensive system, but he was just a good head coach.
Both Gregg and Berry took their teams to the SB and lost (Gregg's Bengals narrowly lost to SF and Berry's Patriots got hammered by Da Bears)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Got news for you ... Jerry doesn't need any assurance to be in control. He owns the team and has ultimate control. Who the heck has the

Now JG has nothing. He has no control and no assurances.

Garrett can now control Moore. He has a young kid with little experience. Easier to convince a kid like that and to convince Jerry that he knows better than Moore.

On Jerrys side, its more than just control. Its about getting credit and being right. By sticking with the hapless Garrett, he would get credit if we finally win. And in picking a "young phenom" like Moore instead of a proven OC then he would also get the credit.

If we were to go out and get some high profile OC and it takes our team to the next level then the OC would get the credit. He would be "the missing piece". And it would throw a shadow on Jerry's tactics up to this point.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Both Gregg and Berry took their teams to the SB and lost (Gregg's Bengals narrowly lost to SF and Berry's Patriots got hammered by Da Bears)
Fair enough. But exactly who considers them great coaches?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That’s the most ridiculous description I’ve ever heard. But I’m not surprised with the Super Bowl or Bust mentality.
Also, why do coaches coach the game? So they can simply amass regular season wins without getting their teams to the Super Bowl?
If a player or coach is a winner, their ultimate goal is to get to the Super Bowl and win it. How can you be considered great when you can't coach your team and its talent to the very game that defines your status as a winner? :huh:
Marty Schottenheimer and Andy Reid were and are very good coaches. But they are defined by not getting their teams over the hump - one never having made the Super Bowl, the other having teams that were good enough to make it year after year but only got there once and loss when they got there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Also, why do coaches coach the game? So they can simply amass regular season wins without getting their teams to the Super Bowl?
If a player or coach is a winner, their ultimate goal is to get to the Super Bowl and win it. How can you be considered great when you can't coach your team and its talent to the very game that defines your status as a winner? :huh:
Marty Schottenheimer and Andy Reid were and are very good coaches. But they are defined by not getting their teams over the hump - one never having made the Super Bowl, the other having teams that were good enough to make it year after year but only got there once and loss when they got there.
Obviously it’s not something you’ll grasp with a SB or Bust mentality but thanks for supporting my point.

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I really hope that Kellen surprises us all....and that's possible if Garrett don't ruin him.