I Dont Get It

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
what is with thefake spike thing, i mean does thing ever work, Phili and GB have both failed at this in consecutive weeks.
it works great but not with QBs like Donny who is more an athlete than a cerebral QB. he had a brain-freeze, was in miscommunicaiton with the guys on the left and totally mucked up a sure FG.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Snaggletooth said:
Not trying to defend McNabb here because I HATE the Eagles, but does anyone other than me think that he may have at first intended to spike the ball but noticed that no one was lined up to cover the receiver when the ball was snapped? I could be wrong but I thought I saw the corner running out to his position when the ball was being snapped.
Exactly. Greg Lewis was uncovered, but the CB made it out there at the very last second.

It was a funny play to watch, but the truth of the matter is that it did NOT lose them three points. They had a false start on one of their guards on that play, and there was a 10 second run-off, so even if he had spiked it, the half would have been over.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Exactly. Greg Lewis was uncovered, but the CB made it out there at the very last second.

It was a funny play to watch, but the truth of the matter is that it did NOT lose them three points. They had a false start on one of their guards on that play, and there was a 10 second run-off, so even if he had spiked it, the half would have been over.
They also blew their time outs - a common criticism in Philly, Reid may be a good coach but he's a notoriously terrible game day coach.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
what is with thefake spike thing, i mean does thing ever work, Phili and GB have both failed at this in consecutive weeks.

Dan Marino did it and won a game with it

superpunk

Reaction score
When running a trick play like that, it's generally a good idea if AT LEAST one of your own players knows that you're going to do it. :shootfoot