I don't hate many things, but I Hate the 49ers

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I forgot what show it was, but after talking about the Niners potentially upsetting us and pounding their chest as to why this entire week, the entire panel chose the Cowboys to win haha!
. Yeah I saw that earlier too. I think it was ESPN. Even that idiot Cowboy hater Acho has been talking about how we will get stomped but he picked us in the ESPN expert picks. :laugh:
I finally heard him admit that the Eagles are his team. Explains a lot.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I forgot what show it was, but after talking about the Niners potentially upsetting us and pounding their chest as to why this entire week, the entire panel chose the Cowboys to win haha!
:lmao2:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't know that...you can dream it in your head, but you do not know that. So wish on that fallen star if you want.
You don’t know it won’t happen, either. You can dream. You can wish it Doesn’t. But that won’t make it happen.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was a young punk in the 80s and I am having bad flashbacks! Danny White would be in the HOF if it wasn't for the CATCH!
Dont like using the word, but I hate the 49ers, hate the state, hate the ... well lets just say the nation would be better off if the state just fell off the fault line.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hate teams that prevent our team from success. I hated the 60’s Packers, the 70’s Steelers , the 80’s 49ers. And all of those seasons our divisional foes Skins, Jints and Egirls prevented us from more success. And the Packers again this era.

This 49er team I don’t hate yet.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dont like using the word, but I hate the 49ers, hate the state, hate the ... well lets just say the nation would be better off if the state just fell off the fault line.
Understood...The Rams were strong competers from there as well...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I was a young punk in the 80s and I am having bad flashbacks! Danny White would be in the HOF if it wasn't for the CATCH!

I'm with you, brother. I was in high school living in Honolulu. All my friends were Cowboy fans, and then there were some total dirtbag kids at my school who loved the 49ers. I'm not sure how it worked out that way, but it did, almost like someone was writing a TV movie. Well, it wasn't perfect. Our jerkiest teacher was a Cowboy fan. But, anyway, the snotty 9er fan students just wouldn't shut up about how the 49ers were going to annihilate the Cowboys. They kept referring to a regular season game where the Cowboys did get clobbered by the 49ers. But my friends and I all knew that Coach Landry would be better prepared for this game. And he was. It was super close, but the 9ers benefited from some atrocious refereeing. Eric Wright totally interfered with Doug Cosbie in the endzone, costing us a TD, but the refs never saw it. It was a third down play, so we settled for a field goal on 4th down. Those 4 ripped off points cost us the game -- not to mention that Danny White's supposed "fumble" at the end of the game was actually an incomplete forward pass. The refs got that one wrong and that did us in.

This one bleepin' hurt. We were so close to a victory, but circumstances just hated us that day.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Danny White wasn’t remotely close to a Hall of Fame QB. Get real! Lol By the way had White not fumbled in the closing seconds of that game the Cowboys might have overcame the Catch.

White didn't fumble. He was hit as he threw an incomplete pass, and the refs incorrectly ruled it a fumble.

Ren

Reaction score
It’s been to long for me the hate has faded over the years. I wish this was the NFCC game like the old days and not the wildcard game. I miss this rivalry but I am not into it like I was back in the 90s

JustChip

Reaction score
I hate the 49ers ‘cause that’s who we play this week. I’ll hate who we play next week, too.

But just in general, the only team I hate all the time is the Eagles. And I have for as long as I can remember, which doesn’t make a lot of sense since they weren’t competition for most of the first quarter century I was a fan. Maybe because their fans were envious and hated Dallas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White wasn’t remotely close to a Hall of Fame QB. Get real! Lol By the way had White not fumbled in the closing seconds of that game the Cowboys might have overcame the Catch.

Danny White / Tony Romo then? :popcorn:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate the Steelers and the Packers more than any other team. Even the NFCE rivals. For an overall hate. But have to break down and root for those teams during the season as for us winning the NFCE of course.
I could not stand SF either, and in the 70's and 80'd could not like the Raiders. And when I lived in South Florida, did not like the Dolphins, but it was more the fans than the team. Never cared for Denver either, again because of the fans, except for when Ware played for them and they n=made the playoffs, then I pulled for him.
Now add NE and KC and possibly NO to that list (because of fans). Well, NE been on my list since the early 2000's.

Raiders and Dolphins I don't mind so much anymore, I can actually root for them at times. SF I do not hate as much, but still a very strong dislike for them.
But I will pull for them over GB.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
White didn't fumble. He was hit as he threw an incomplete pass, and the refs incorrectly ruled it a fumble.

Not really. Danny pumped his arm like he was about to pass, but it looked like he tried to tuck the ball away once Lawrence Pillers was almost on top of him. Unfortunately, his attempt to protect the ball as he was being sacked failed. I guess I can see your interpretation but it involves a bit of revisionist history. I don't recall anyone arguing that it was an incomplete pass attempt at the time, though many might have made the argument after the 'tuck rule' became a big thing a few decades later.

You can review it at roughly 2hr 15 min mark of the attached video.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I threw a TV tray at a young 11, almost 12 yrs old. Danny White took them to 3 straight NFC Championship Games. Did a great job following up an All Timer like Roger. Helluva punter too. He did much better than any of the QBs debated around here today where they are celebrated for video stats and winning a division