I don't know about you, but I have not given up

Offense matters more than defense. Philly's defense isn't good either.

And like I said, Dallas has an easy schedule. The offense you play against matters more than how good your defense is.
Whatever happened to "defense wins championships".

And if offense is more important....why are you blaming defense for our woes?.
 
Well as John Paul Jones said "Give up? I have not begun to fight." I will be still rooting for the Cowboys. Maybe I am a glutten for punishment but there is still a lot of football left and I would love to be the winner of the final game of this season.
 
We have the whiniest fans.

I get it.... to feel like we were winning just to let it slip away is frustrating. It reminded me of the 40-40 Green Bay game, or the Aaron Rodgers sideline throw that unseated the 1 seed Cowboys.

And at the first few moments of losing, I felt fatigued and deflated. Like I didn't wanna care for the rest of the year. I saw threads like "onto Houston" and I thought who cares about Houston?

Then I thought..... yes we lost. But if Dak didn't throw that last pass away, if Schoon didn't commit that false start, or if we found a way to defend a 27 yard pass with 7 seconds left in the game...... we might all be celebrating victory, followed by declaring a Super Bowl. That's how fickle Cowboys fans who post on this forum are.

One play is not gonna elevate us to Super Bowl contention, neither will one play take us completely down. The game was a one play decides all game. Does one play really say much about the rest of the season? I think not.

We have a pair of 0-3 teams next. Our own division that's wide open the Eagles with that bizarre game in Chicago. They lead by one game. As does the flukey Giants.

If we were totally dominated, there is an argument to be had. But.... it was a close back and forth game and we stopped the run well. Passing game looks alright. I don't know..... I'm just saying I don't feel all is lost. I feel like we're closer to the Rams than the Jets. Really good team, both at 1-2, probably won't win the Super Bowl but there's a lot of football left. I say play on.
That’s because youre a Dak-stan
The rest of us are Cowboys fans
 
Because Philly is terrible and Dallas' schedule is easy.

Seattle was 3-2 last year, which is very achievable for Dallas and would put them in first place.
We have to prove we are #2 in this division first, even though Giants and Commodes had some unfortunate injuries that increase their chances.
 
Nothing like a "I'm a better fan than you" thread first thing in the morning.
But isn’t that definitionally accurate? I mean what’s a fan? A fanatic about supporting his team? So if he’s still pulling for them doesn’t that mean, at this point, he is better ?

*Asking for an enemy
 
But isn’t that definitionally accurate? I mean what’s a fan? A fanatic about supporting his team? So if he’s still pulling for them doesn’t that mean, at this point, he is better ?

*Asking for an enemy
Weird. We are all pulling for them. Pointing out the negatives/problems does not mean you are not pulling for them.

According to the OP, unless you lie to yourself and ignore/avoid facts and data you are not a real fan. I mean, think about it.
 
I'm 71. I don't even stay up to watch the night games anymore. I went to Cowboys camp when they hired Parcells and spent a ton of money and listened to Used Car Salesman Jerry talking about how this is the year. Well, rinse and repeat over and over again. When we blew that game against Green Bay during the playoffs a few years ago I pulled the pin on the gernade. I still watch and I still hope we win, but my days of spending money on Cowboys Merchandise is long long gone. PS. Still have my Cowboys hat from 1995, which was well before Jerry's facelift.
 
But isn’t that definitionally accurate? I mean what’s a fan? A fanatic about supporting his team? So if he’s still pulling for them doesn’t that mean, at this point, he is better ?

*Asking for an enemy
I'm 71. I don't even stay up to watch the night games anymore. I went to Cowboys camp when they hired Parcells and spent a ton of money and listened to Used Car Salesman Jerry talking about how this is the year. Well, rinse and repeat over and over again. When we blew that game against Green Bay during the playoffs a few years ago I pulled the pin on the gernade. I still watch and I still hope we win, but my days of spending money on Cowboys Merchandise is long long gone. PS. Still have my Cowboys hat from 1995, which was well before Jerry's facelift.
hey are you guys related or just happen to share the same last name?
 
But isn’t that definitionally accurate? I mean what’s a fan? A fanatic about supporting his team? So if he’s still pulling for them doesn’t that mean, at this point, he is better ?

*Asking for an enemy
"fanatic" comes in many shapes and forms. A fan gets to do it how they see fit. Not be bullied or shamed because they don;t do it how some narcissist demands.

I say the fans wearing paper bags in Cleveland or nawlins are every bit as much a fan as anyone else.
 
Weird. We are all pulling for them. Pointing out the negatives/problems does not mean you are not pulling for them.

According to the OP, unless you lie to yourself and ignore/avoid facts and data you are not a real fan. I mean, think about it.
So answer me then. Whats a fan? Whoever is more loyal and dedicated are better no? Who supports the team better?

It’s shouldn’t bother you. . It’s just based on the definition. And support is part of every definition I see. Or tell me yours and what makes a better or worse fan.

Is someone that buys the gear and wears it, but doesn’t watch better or a worse fan in your opinion?
 
Last edited:
"fanatic" comes in many shapes and forms. A fan gets to do it how they see fit. Not be bullied or shamed because they don;t do it how some narcissist demands.

I say the fans wearing paper bags in Cleveland or nawlins are every bit as much a fan as anyone else.
Supports (the team) is in every definition I see.

So what is more supportive. Staying with the team 3 games into the season or jumping ship?
 
Most of us are here still on this mb for that exact reason. We haven't given up. We care. Sometimes to a fault. As for me, I'm almost 60, and have a deep regard for this team going way back to around 1974. I'm devoted to this team because of who started it all. We all know who they are. I can't let go. I gripe but I am vested in this team. It's much bigger than today's Dallas Cowboys team and ownership. I look to the past standards and what we can be in the future, not necessarily today. We all want a winner again but it must be earned, not given thru proxy and slogans. I ain't goin anywhere. I won't leave this team until I'm taking the final dirt nap.
 
Here’s what our soon to be overlord says:

So if two people follow the same team, but one consistently supports them, stays loyal through bad seasons, roots for them, and looks for reasons to believe in them, while the other spends most of his time criticizing them and rooting against everything they do, I think it’s completely reasonable to say the first person is being more of a “fan.”

In fact, if being a fan means admiring and supporting your team, then being loyal and supportive is arguably closer to the actual meaning of the word than constantly tearing the team down.


Whether that makes someone a better person is a completely different question. I’m only talking about what makes someone a better FAN.




Question that at your own peril.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,301
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top