I dont like the RB usage

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Trying to preserve Zeke for Postseason and work him back slowly. Pollard should get a few more touches but Kellen is using these games as practice for the Real competition later.

There will be shootouts in the future.. Dak and WR’s need reps...

I also think KM is holding back a lot of the playbook. NYG game was a shot over the bow to the NFL to let them know we aren't the cowboys you are used to, but until we play harder drfebsrs he will show just a little bit at a time.

ultron

Reaction score
Zeke has always taken 1 whole entire drive off during every game of his career. The ironic thing is Pollard scored a touchdown but it was called back because Amari decided to tackle a defender. Sucks - I would've like to have seen pollard get his first TD

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, this was a great win. Yes, you could say I'm nitpicking. But we are always trying to get better, right?

Pollard only saw 4 carries, at a clip of 5.5 yards per. If I recall correctly, all but one was on a single drive in the 3rd quarter, while Zeke rested for several snaps.

Two things:

First, Pollard is showing that he can be a productive NFL RB in limited doses. I'd like it if a few of Zeke's 23 carries were given to Pollard. We easily could have snuck a few to Pollard during the 4th quarter, if nothing else.

Second, I don't like that his carries mostly came on one possession. If Zeke needs a rest, by all means play Pollard for a few consecutive series. But also, sprinkle in Pollard throughout the game, and hit the defense with a bit of a change up. San Diego, for example, has done a great job in years past of mixing Gordon and Ekeler dynamically and creatively.

I think fixing the above will help Pollard grow as a player and also help Zeke stay fresh during the game and over the course of the season. It could be that Pollard genuinely isnt ready for this. However, today's RB distribution has always been Jason Garrett's approach to Zeke, so I suspect this is a coaching decision.

Thoughts?
Elliot is still getting his feet wet, today he warmed up real good. His last run put the game away. next week that type of run will come in the 3rd quarter..

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Watch the defense on play fakes. Zeke commands a ton of attention even when he isn't getting the ball, and this allows Moore to set up mismatches elsewhere. I'm not sure if defenses would key in on Pollard the same way they key in on Zeke.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Zeke has always taken 1 whole entire drive off during every game of his career. The ironic thing is Pollard scored a touchdown but it was called back because Amari decided to tackle a defender. Sucks - I would've like to have seen pollard get his first TD

Hopefully Pollard gets a couple scores next week. If all goes well, the Cowboys should be resting Zeke in the second half against a Dolphins team that's been outscored 102-10 so far.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Yeah, I know the numbers. I still think that 20 for Zeke and 7 for Pollard will eventually lead to a healthier offense.

Pollard can run down the clock too, you know.
Did you really post that?

I was thinking 8 for Pollard and 21 for Zeke.

Gaede

Reaction score
lol funny, I was thinking the exact opposite. Get Pollard off the field and get Zeke in there

superonyx

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, this was a great win. Yes, you could say I'm nitpicking. But we are always trying to get better, right?

Pollard only saw 4 carries, at a clip of 5.5 yards per. If I recall correctly, all but one was on a single drive in the 3rd quarter, while Zeke rested for several snaps.

Two things:

First, Pollard is showing that he can be a productive NFL RB in limited doses. I'd like it if a few of Zeke's 23 carries were given to Pollard. We easily could have snuck a few to Pollard during the 4th quarter, if nothing else.

Second, I don't like that his carries mostly came on one possession. If Zeke needs a rest, by all means play Pollard for a few consecutive series. But also, sprinkle in Pollard throughout the game, and hit the defense with a bit of a change up. San Diego, for example, has done a great job in years past of mixing Gordon and Ekeler dynamically and creatively.

I think fixing the above will help Pollard grow as a player and also help Zeke stay fresh during the game and over the course of the season. It could be that Pollard genuinely isnt ready for this. However, today's RB distribution has always been Jason Garrett's approach to Zeke, so I suspect this is a coaching decision.

Thoughts?
I don’t remember you saying this last week when Pollard had 1.8 ypc

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard was in on other plays as Zeke came out now and then. They just passed the ball on those plays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully Pollard gets a couple scores next week. If all goes well, the Cowboys should be resting Zeke in the second half against a Dolphins team that's been outscored 102-10 so far.

If Zeke is nearing 300 yards rushing in the 4th quarter, I don't care if we are up 45 - 0, let him get the single game rushing record.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're nit picking.
giphy.gif