I don't think we can take Decastro now

Tobal

Reaction score
I think Decastro or any guard will be there at 14. I think everyone can look at him and realize he's good, but they'll end up taking a sexier position.

You have the blue chips, then the fast risers Decastro will be there

jblaze2004

Reaction score
idk if Dre Kirkpatrick test out good at the combine. That means show good strength and speed (4.4 or better). And looks good in the agility and coverage drills than i would like to take him. He seems physical. But i only seen him in hightlights. Is he a physical corner? We need more physical guy in the secondary. And he is atleast 6'2 with long arms to bat down alot of passes (unless he is taught by dave campo).

Then if all else fails we can move him to FS:D

I think we might look for a starting guard in FA. We might draft one in the later rounds 2nd or later. Or maybe 3rd if we look for a passrusher in the 2nd.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
DeCastro plays with an attitude.

Very mobile and gets great push in run game.

Should be a fun game to watch between Stan and Okst.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Tobal;4353714 said:
I think Decastro or any guard will be there at 14. I think everyone can look at him and realize he's good, but they'll end up taking a sexier position.

You have the blue chips, then the fast risers Decastro will be there

I don't think so. If he is there, I believe he will be a Cowboy. The only way I see the Cowboys passing on him is if a player slotted for the top 10 drops, like a Quinton Coples or a Morris Claiborne.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
jblaze2004;4354026 said:
how has he looked so far today?

Like a piece of heavy moving equipment with a jet turbine engine and a turbo button.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
CATCH17;4352120 said:
I would love to have him but a guard in the 1st round is just a luxury we can't afford.

We have to get a pass rusher or CB in round 1.

We may even have to gamble on a guy like Janoris Jenkins because we're in such desperation mode.

I'd love to have Decastro but he is out of the question imo.

I would love to have DeCastro to but melvin Ingram or Upshaw and a trade up for jenkins would be nice.

We need to get day one starters at both. I don't want to lose a 2nd but we may have to to move up back into the 1st to get a CB late in the 1st.

We either need to trade up and get two 1st picks or trade back into the late 1st and then trade up from our 3rd round pick can collect numerous 2nds.

Draft plan A
1st round
Melvin Ingram/Courtney Upshaw
Janoris Jenkins/Chase Minnifiled

3rd round
Ben Jones

Draft Plan B
Late 1st
Janoris Jenkins/Chase Minnifield
2nd round
Vinny Curry/Andre Branch/Bruce Irvin
Cordy Glenn or Brandon Washington
Billy Winn, Jared Crick or Derek Wolfe
3rd round
Ben Jones or Kevin Zeitler

sbark

Reaction score
After the BCS champ game look for some more Jr's from LSU and the Tide to declare which can move players to the #14 spot...then time to throw analysis at it.

The Natural

Reaction score
If DeCastro is as good as you guys say he is then there's no way he'll be on the board at 14

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The Natural;4354233 said:
If DeCastro is as good as you guys say he is then there's no way he'll be on the board at 14

The thing is OG normally dont get taken in the top 10 of the draft. That gives hope of him dropping to the 14th pick.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hutchison went 17th. That's the highest in 10 years along w/ Iupati

What I'm seeing is the top g/c over the past decade going in the 20's. Sometimes the first guard doesn't go until 30 or even later

pupulehaole

Reaction score
If and that's a BIG IF we can grab this guy @ 14 I'll be very glad to have him. If nOt him then the top corner on the board.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's an offensively driven league.

Defense can carry a team but there's so much help needed on defense right now that trying to address the defense as the main area of improvement likely won't get the job done for a couple seasons.

If you have a great offense, you can win. See any number of the teams in the playoffs who have zero defense but a great offense.

Dallas has to go OL. If they don't, they'll fail again next year and in the years following that until they commit to getting a solid 5 guys on the line.

Unless the CB or DE is the type of guys who is just a "can't miss" type of player, I don't see any way that Dallas can afford to pass on OL.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4354441 said:
It's an offensively driven league.

Defense can carry a team but there's so much help needed on defense right now that trying to address the defense as the main area of improvement likely won't get the job done for a couple seasons.

If you have a great offense, you can win. See any number of the teams in the playoffs who have zero defense but a great offense.

Dallas has to go OL. If they don't, they'll fail again next year and in the years following that until they commit to getting a solid 5 guys on the line.

Unless the CB or DE is the type of guys who is just a "can't miss" type of player, I don't see any way that Dallas can afford to pass on OL.

these are good points but i want us to get a good guard in FA and get a stud
lb or CB in the first,those are hard to get in FA.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;4352120 said:
I would love to have him but a guard in the 1st round is just a luxury we can't afford.

We have to get a pass rusher or CB in round 1.

We may even have to gamble on a guy like Janoris Jenkins because we're in such desperation mode.

I'd love to have Decastro but he is out of the question imo.

I would gladly take him.

3 guys right now I would like to get in the 1st rd would be Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Alabama, Melvin Ingram OLB South Carolina or David DeCastro OG Stanford

I don't see DeCastro as a luxury I see him as a very good prospect who could fill a big need area for the Cowboys.

Gaede

Reaction score
Gotta take him if he's that good.

With so many holes everywhere, it's gonna be hard to **** the bed this draft. G, CB, DE, LB, OLB, QB?, TE. I don't care. Just don't draft some playboy who'd rather go the club than play football.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Cordy Glenn from UGA looks good also. He's a big man, but has very nice feet and pulls a lot. He has no problem drive blocking, making it to the second level and has a good anchor as a pass protector.