Image: I don't want to see Witten in a Cowboys uniform again

foofighters

Reaction score
It's like he was turned into a vampire (granted an older, even slower vampire). I already mourned him leaving the first time. Now, this person playing with his number is undead but instead of having physical gifts, he sucks even more. A reverse vampire, if you will...

JustChip

Reaction score
I love Witten, but I’m a huge believer in, once you move on, there’s no turning back. Witten should not have come back this year.

The most incredible thing I saw yesterday was Witten running a deep seam route 25 yards downfield. The safety had him blanketed. The only justification for that is to draw the safety deep.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Watched him totally destroy the Eagles in Philly - just demoralized the fans around me. Will never forget 82!

Doomsay

Reaction score
It's like he was turned into a vampire (granted an older, even slower vampire). I already mourned him leaving the first time. Now, this person playing with his number is undead but instead of having physical gifts, he sucks even more. A reverse vampire, if you will...
Lol

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think he was a huge progress stopper this year. Time to go.
The other TEs need to show progress being stopped. One can only catch if he is the 7th option on the field, one can somewhat block but neither can do both.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he was a huge progress stopper this year. Time to go.

How did he stop someones progress who also had a career year here? Jarwin did nothing last year without witten and this year he broke out in his own right. So how did witten stop his progress? I think you just repeating something you heard cause you don't look any info up. Like Jarwin has more catches, more yards then ever while playing with witten.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
LMAO! Good one Wit, please don't go back to the booth!
He can still do it. Just don't get primetime right away. Build your way up from the Fox D team or whatever. I mean he's not worse than Charles Davis, so there's room for him in those Bucs vs Cards games where the D team goes

GMO415

Reaction score
Great and loyal player. He was beast at one time.

Now he can concentrate on hair regrow adds and Albertsons stuff
giphy.gif

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Witten is one of my all-time favorite Cowboys. However, I agree it’s time to move on.

Still, it saddens me to see the disrespect he gets from many “fans”. The man has represented the Star as well as anyone who’s ever worn it.

Yep. And he will be representing the Star in Canton forever. Guy deserves more respect than he’s gotten from fans the last few years

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The other TEs need to show progress being stopped. One can only catch if he is the 7th option on the field, one can somewhat block but neither can do both.

Yeah OK. Here are the Tight ends who had the opportunities that Witten had last year, notice the dramatic difference in production, especially yards per catch. Then take a look at Jarwins numbers below Witten with HALF of the opportunities, that is the definition of PROGRESS STOPPER. And Don't tell me he's a great blocker, he is average at best at this point. It was a mistake last year, let's hope they do not repeat it.

Travis Kelce 97 catches 1229 yards 12.7 YPC 5TDs
Darren Waller 90 catches 1145 yards 12.7 YPC 3TDs
Zach Ertz 88 Catches 916 Yards 10.4 YPC 6TDs
George Kittle 85 Catches 1053 Yards 12.4 YPC 5TDs
Austin Hooper 75 Catches 787 Yards 10.5 YPC 6TDs
Tyler Higbee 69 Catches 734 Yards 10.6 YPC 3TDs
Mark Andrews 64 Catches 852 Yards 13.3 YPC 10TDs
Jason Witten 63 Catches 529 Yards 8.4 YPC 4TDs On 83 Targets
Blake Jarwin 31 Catches 365 Yards 11.8 YPC 3TDs On ONLY 41Targets

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s done. He wouldn’t have done a run around the stadium after if he weren’t.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Still gets open, still gets first downs.........

Had a bit of the dropsies this year though - contagious I guess!