I feel like this is a make it or break it game for Garrett

blumayne38

Reaction score
And Dak. Jerry says “we gotta treat every play like it’s a Super Bowl” I’ll go ahead and say he himself looking at this game as a measuring stick

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I think this is a battle to prove if Linehan's offense, which is doing better currently, can beat new-school teams. If this version of Linehan's offense cannot, then that will prove to the front office that he should be replaced.

The Cowboys in their good times were always on the cutting edge of innovation. That is no more.

The belief that old-school execution style game plans with not much misdirection and trickery can win may be on its last thread. This game may decide more Linehan's fate than Garrett's. Linehan has been given plenty of leeway in selecting his philosophy, assistant coaches, and designs. Plenty of rope to hang himself as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not if its competitive and we only lose by 2 scores but a complete embarrassment blowout similar to the eagles , it will hurt his chances, this will also Hurts Daks big payday if he lays an egg, only slightly but we could get a bigger discount.. The best this ablowout loss does is SHUT JJ the Heck up for at least a week,. he will hide from TV and run out of stadium to an awaiting helicopter..see losing isn't such bad thing :)):rolleyes:o_O;)

stiletto

Reaction score
I really am not sure Garrett's fate will be sealed no matter what. He always gets the multitude of excuses and mulligans. I think Jerry wants to be right about him (being the next Landry) over anything in the world he has ever wanted and that's a scary thing.

morat1959

Reaction score
This game will show how close or how far we are from being a playoff contender. Garrett’s going no where and we’re an 8-8 team again. Clapper should have never been hired as a head coach much less lasted this long!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I disagree. He's ok if they lose tonight.

BUT.......if they lose next week to the Eagles in what may be a game for the division title, then he might be in serious trouble.

He has already lost 3 win-and-your-in games. He's lost 2 playoff games. He lost a similar game last year to Seattle. If he loses next week, he's in trouble.

You can only lose so many of these games.
Not if your Jerry’s stepson!!!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think the opposite, tonight is almost a no-lose situation for Garrett. If you don't beat possibly the best team in football, no big deal. If you do, Jerry gets to brag some more about his handpicked former COY.

I think he's back unless we totally crash and burn the rest of the way, but with the talent and health of the team, and the weak schedule ahead, that's not likely to happen.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett’s going to trot out his same old tired game plan but his tired old game plan should benefit us this week.
Not if his tired old game plan is predictable. If Garrett comes out trying to run on almost every 1st and 2nd down, then tries to throw on 3rd down, we will get our butts beat and deserve it!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think if we pull out a win and still don't make the playoffs, Garrett is safe. If the Cowboys come out flat, that seals his fate. What do you guys think?
Ridiculous. Bellickeck would get blown out facing the Saints with our team.

9darter

Reaction score
Garrett gets a new contract even if they lose out.

The players have to totally quit on him, before he's kicked upstairs.

Hardline

Reaction score
No. People put too much emphasis on whatever the next game is. There is more to the season than just this game. It's just 1 of 16 nothing more than that. I get it, we're all hyped for it and looking forward to the challenge but if we lose and then win out no one will care about this game. So no this is not make or break for Garrett, or Dak or Linehan or anybody.
Just reposting this in case anyone missed it.

cern

Reaction score
I think if we pull out a win and still don't make the playoffs, Garrett is safe. If the Cowboys come out flat, that seals his fate. What do you guys think?
This game has the earmarks for a moral victory.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Jason must have some naughty pictures of Jerry and Stephen practiceing their D (efense)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m sticking with no nfc championship game and he’s gone. Jerry even has limits with him.

No matter what Linehan is gone. I’d say.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I think he's going to be the head coach of the Cowboys next season, regardless.

Whether any of us like it is irrelevant.

Chappy

Reaction score
Garrettt not going anywhere after tonight’s game regardless what happens and we are 7.5pt underdogs at home.

Wish JJ would sack his arse though sooner rather than later.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I don't think he's gone unless we lose out od maybe if we just win one more. 2 more wins and keeps his job.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Think that if Garrett's job relies on any set of games, that it's the NFC East divisional games. As loss tonight, but winning the division means Garrett's job is safer, A loss tonight combined with losing the divisional games means Garrett maybe more likely to be fired.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Garrett for life or longer. The "Ginger" boy. not the golden boy