I get excited every year

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm so excited and I just can't fight it, I'm about to lose control and i think I like it!!!
6pmbnl.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
.....every season brings a degree of hope. I'm a bigger fan of football itself than a Cowboys fan. Even if the Cowboys disappoint, we still get to enjoy the other games. Watching Mahomes and Brady win championships with skilled play was still fun to watch.

The Cowboys winning just make it that much better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. There it is. It was only a matter of time before the "hate" word was posted. I am not hating. I stating what is wrong with this team. What's wrong is the leadership of the Jones boys. It's funny how the haters lump me in with you guys and you guys lump me with them. That's fine, I am good with being a one man wolf pack! :lmao2:
So you hate the Jones Boys....what the problem...just admit it

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team can win, I'm convinced. The key word is team. I'm excited to the point of being nervous. It's that way every year about this time.

All that being said this thread is nuts !
It's nuts and you're responding? What does that make you? Lol!

ESisback

Reaction score
As a player, coach or fan every year brings new hope and new excitement! I get those that are negative, I don't blame you, but I'm an optimistic person and I don't get discouraged if we don't have a good year. I'm just a fan and understand how the game works. Go Cowboys!

This is what I call normal!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I approach every season with a level of excitement because it is my favorite sport.

What I do not do is what many here accuse others of doing, crossing the wires of their football mind with their Cowboys heart.

Calling someone a hater or negative because they do not share the same level of confidence or evaluation of talent the same as someone else is absurd.

The other thing that helps is to completely ignore anything that comes out of the Joneses’ mouths. All that does is increase global warming.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
As a player, coach or fan every year brings new hope and new excitement! I get those that are negative, I don't blame you, but I'm an optimistic person and I don't get discouraged if we don't have a good year. I'm just a fan and understand how the game works. Go Cowboys!

You're not allowed to be negative as a cowboys fan. You must worship them, love them, and only say nice things about them. You must put them above your family and your livelihood

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m a football fan first. The Cowboys are just my local and favorite team. I enjoy High School , NCAA and the NFL.

Football season is by far my favorite time of year. Not as intensive as when had season tickets to Dallas and Baylor but I still watch about 25 hours a week of football in my sports cave with 5 TV’s. If it’s broadcast I have access.

And while my health hasn’t allow me to travel as much as I used to and still won’t attend during the Pandemic, I would like to occasionally go to a college and high school game .

Cowboys aren’t as attractive as they used to be to me. Haven’t attended a game since 2014 playoffs . And only 2 since I gave up my season tickets at Texas Stadium. I still watch of course and root us on but the passion and intensity is no longer there. All because of Jethro . When he stopped making winning a top priority , I begun losing faith. But our game is only 3 hours of a long enjoyable weekend of football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you hate the Jones Boys....what the problem...just admit it
I don’t personally hate them. Seems like a decent family. And the few times I encountered him was very hospitable and appreciative.

But I certainly don’t like how they operate Cowboys Football. I feel it’s hindering greater success and downright embarrassing. No doubt worthy of the criticism.

If Jethro wasn’t so intent on being a celebrity football guy insisting on being the GM , I think he could be a great owner. He’s certainly an outstanding provider with wonderful stadium and state of the art practice facilities at the Star.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m excited every year about football because I’m an NFL fan. The last time I got excited about the Cowboys was entering the 2017 season. They were coming off a 13-3 season and Dak and Zeke had great rookie seasons. I thought this could be the beginning of something special but it didn’t happen. The team fell flat and missed the playoffs. Entering this season is the least excited I’ve been about the team in many years. I don’t like McCarthy. Dak appears to have reached his ceiling and Zeke is on the decline.

I don’t like what I see with our receivers and our OL looks like it could be a big problem. Our kicking situation looks like it’s going to be a big problem. It’s going to be tough for Dak to bounce back. There’s always going to be some hope but it’s become very difficult to believe in this organization. Every time they take a step forward, they take a step back the following year and it’s been like that for the past 27 years.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Curious about that statement.

You know the saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." We often attribute this to Albert Einstein but it was Rita May Brown that potentially said it first. Anyway, back to the quote. I enjoyed watching Romo play. However, he wasn't good enough to overcome the front office. Unfortunately, I doubt that Dak can either. My issue with the front office isn't draft picks and personnel. It's leadership. They don't know how. They don't understand it. We may have talent. We may have good coaching. We don't have a solid background in actual leadership. This starts at the top and works its way down. While I am ready to watch some football, I fully expect this team to operate as it has for quite a while now. I am not negative about it. It's just what this team has showed me every year. I am actually looking forward to the Vikings this year. My wife and I are traveling to MN to go see it. It'll be fun (the whole experience) as I am not concentrating on the outcome.
Since we are questioning the author of the above quote, there is this factoid as well.

This quote may have actually originated with a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet two years earlier, according to the website Quote Investigator. Printed in 1981, the pamphlet offers a slightly different version of the saying: “Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.”

starfan1

Reaction score
I approach every season with a level of excitement because it is my favorite sport.

What I do not do is what many here accuse others of doing, crossing the wires of their football mind with their Cowboys heart.

Calling someone a hater or negative because they do not share the same level of confidence or evaluation of talent the same as someone else is absurd.

The other thing that helps is to completely ignore anything that comes out of the Joneses’ mouths. All that does is increase global warming.

Those said people pissing in everyones cherios on any thread with negativity. They get what they deserve . If it was a once over than fine but when its a consistant theme screw them they get the label. But on the topic go cowboys looking forward to it

Last edited: