I get excited every year

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
As a player, coach or fan every year brings new hope and new excitement! I get those that are negative, I don't blame you, but I'm an optimistic person and I don't get discouraged if we don't have a good year. I'm just a fan and understand how the game works. Go Cowboys!
You are an eternal optimist my friend!
I have to admit I am a little jealous of you.
After 27 years of futility, I set lower expectations so I don't get too disappointed.

ESisback

Reaction score
You're not allowed to be negative as a cowboys fan. You must worship them, love them, and only say nice things about them. You must put them above your family and your livelihood
Coogs, I don’t think that anyone here goes quite that far, but there ARE one or two posters that are perpetually unhappy.

Motorola

Reaction score
As a player, coach or fan every year brings new hope and new excitement! I get those that are negative, I don't blame you, but I'm an optimistic person and I don't get discouraged if we don't have a good year. I'm just a fan and understand how the game works. Go Cowboys!
No matter what level the of this sport - Pop Warner \ Jr. Hi \ high school \ college at all levels \ semi-pro \ CFL \ "the shield" -
Support the quys (and gals) that have the moxie to get out there to prove they can play --- but equally as important --- work together with their teammates under their coaching staff's directions to have a succesful season.

Cowpokes repeat as NFC Champions in 2022!!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I respect and admire your premature exultation.. . as opposed to that other dreaded disease i wish on no man.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
let me give you something to ponder....

"Wind"

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREOW9_R1OPsYvnjVzd_eWkK5RkCj2xMHGEmA&usqp=CAU

"Thunder"

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSppX3YLbtOboo6uT5-vob3mNyfEu01DEeTmg&usqp=CAU

"Lighting"

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzBVf2vdOW964nWmNAJQnKa8E4EF2DwWA3sw&usqp=CAU

try and stop it!
Looks like your pumped!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They have talent. The only question in my eyes is the OL. Can Smith stay healthy? Can TB not be terrible? RT? Young Smith as a rookie? That’s really the only issue I can see that will prevent a good season.
1000%
Why this has not been addressed more in the off season is hard to figure.
:huh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Luv the post, tired of the negativity...

Its sports, as with any hobby, interest, and passions in life, its personal choice.
if it drives fans so negatively crazy that they come into places like this daily to be neurotic, they can choose to stop following and watching.

never understood these types of fans, why are you here actively an daily if you cant stand anything about this teams in its current post 1996 drought.. to me a new year resets each season and its all stand alone, one off.

I dont ponder the last 26 years let alone the last 5.

:flagwave::popcorn:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Yep, if I can't get excited about football season and the Cowboys, what the hell else am I going to get excited about? A new season of the Bachelor? I watched the Cowboys win 4 of their 5 Super Bowls. Not once did it receive a check in the mail after the win, and not once did it change my life. Its good for a week and then life goes on.

I'm excited as always and looking forward to our family trip to watch the season opener as that has now become a tradition for us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You get excited when your septic tank doesn't overflow.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I totally understand your excitement Ranch.
I used to be that way. The NFL for me isnt as important as it used to be. I really hate that its become more about marketing and money than being just a game about winning and being the best.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I totally understand your excitement Ranch.
I used to be that way. The NFL for me isnt as important as it used to be. I really hate that its become more about marketing and money than being just a game about winning and being the best.
The NFL wokeness is just killing me. I hope that stops someday.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Looks like your pumped!
I am but, until they prove me wrong, they are about an 11-6 team.

Need a swing Tackle, need Gallup to get better and we need a stud DT.

That said Dallas needs a call or two to go their way. I don't ever want to see a Dez Bryant type review ever again.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am but, until they prove me wrong, they are about an 11-6 team.

Need a swing Tackle, need Gallup to get better and we need a stud DT.

That said Dallas needs a call or two to go their way. I don't ever want to see a Dez Bryant type review ever again.
1000% on the swing tackle, that's a big issue right now.