I get the frustration, but all this I'm no longer a fan crap is getting old!

Praxit

Reaction score
..its never that simple, especially if you vested time and emotion into something. Its like if you had a classic car and you spend years fixing it. Now it means something special to you.

Us cowboy fans have vested years into this team, some even before Jerry. We're not going anywhere....lol...

cern

Reaction score
Complain All you want to, I do! Those that are "threatening" to leave, See Ya!!!! Let us real fans complain in peace!
I love football and want the cowboys to win. But if the game stinks, i grab a shotgun, rifle, or fly rod and go outside and do something i enjoy. The next week it's back to football again unless the game stinks. Then it's outside again.

Dre11

Reaction score
That's a pretty broad brush.

If you've invested decades into supporting the Cowboys and decide it's not worth it anymore because you've lost hope under Jerrah, I get that.

If you're like that dude the other day who had been a fan all of 5 years then suddenly decides to support the Eagles, on the other hand...:rolleyes:

If you're a fan you're a fan, especially if it's been years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s really what Dallas fans have been accused of for 5 decades - being fair weather fans. I get that the level of excitement ebbs with how successful any team is, but that’s different than changing your fandom from team to team based on success. Maybe I’m different since I’m 65 and grew up in Dallas, but it’s just so inconceivable that one changes their fan allegiance. I did in baseball from the Yankees to the Rangers, but that was different because there wasn’t an MLB team in DFW before the Rangers. I was a Yankees fan because I met Mickey Mantle when I was about 10.
I apply myself with the same philosophy I hold others to. I thought I was a huge Philadelphia 76ers fan from 1977 to the day Charles Barkley was traded. After that I became a Barkley fan until he retired. In hindsght I could not lie to myself and say I was ever a 76er fan because I quit following them when the front offce did something that royally pissed me off. And I never adopted another NBA team after Philadelphia.

JustChip

Reaction score
I expect them to pump their fists, not act like spoiled brats and say I'm gonna root for Philly! Any questions?
I absolutely HATE the Eagles. Always have, always will. I hated the Eagles more than the Commanders even back in the George Allen rivalry days. IMO, no true Cowboys fan would ever change to be an Eagles fan. The reverse is true as well - no true Eagles fan would ever become a Cowboys fan. Loyal fans of any team deserve far more respect than the those that change based on the seaso, phase of the moon, or whatever.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Complain All you want to, I do! Those that are "threatening" to leave, See Ya!!!! Let us real fans complain in peace!

I used to be that glass half full Cowboy fan. Hated all the negative talk. I am now a glass half empty fan. I think the dishing of Dez was the last straw for this FO for me. I have made a complete turn into the dark side in the last 10 months.

It is weird! Just last year I was bashing Staheroo for being so negative all the time......

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I still watch the games but there are no feelings anymore. I couldn't watch the Jags because I had other plans, but I told my wife I bet we'll blow them out and then suck for the rest of the season. I wasn't surprised at all when I saw the score but there was no enthusiasm that we turned the corner unlike what most people on CowboysZone were saying. The worst thing we could've done was trade away a 1st round pick as if we were one player away. Not only does that tell me we're forcing the next coach to be stuck with Dak, but it also tells me Jerry is as naive as the fans when he lets one impressive game blind him from how obviously dysfunctional we are. I said in another thread I expect us to beat the Saints in a few weeks. Of course the best thing that could happen to us is Dez comes in and embarrasses us, but like I always say, we can't even lose right.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you're a fan you're a fan, especially if it's been years.

I've been a Cowboys fan since 1972. I've hated Jim Harbaugh for over 30 years. If the two ever come together, I done.

How some guy called @Dre11 feels about it is his problem. :rolleyes:

Dre11

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan since 1972. I've hated Jim Harbaugh for over 30 years. If the two ever come together, I done.

How some guy called @Dre11 feels about it is his problem. :rolleyes:

then you're not a fan of the " DALLAS COWBOYS" you want the fanchise to prosper no matter who's in charge.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding

You don't want to be a Cowboys fan any longer? I have no problem with that.
Want to quit watching football all together? I have no problem with that.
Want to switch to a different football team? I have no problem with that.

However I don't need to hear no whiners trying to grandstand on this board how they will no longer be a cowboys fan and still sit on here and whine and complain endlessly about the team.

Again if you complain as a COWBOYS FAN that is one thing. We are pretty much all tired of the team, Jerry, Jason, Dak, Linehan, the offense, the defense or whoever you want to name. It is understandable.

HOWEVER If you want to say you are no longer a Cowboys Fan but you want to stay here and keep complaining from thread to thread...just leave now and spare us your whining. Find another sports team message board and join it. Or just ignore the cowboys all together and feel better about your life.

Great post.............I agree

Complain all you want, about Jerry, about Jason, about Dak, about anything...........even root for losses if that is what you think will lead to change.

But if you claim to no longer be a fan, then why the hell are you on a fan site? Just leave.