I give. Let's talk Zeke money

Loso86

Reaction score
Than Ramsey? you're kidding right? like what? The only think Zeke had on anybody was his blocking and Im not so sure that hasnt been overblown but at least Ill give him that. Maybe durability! His supposed pass catching premise was a farce he is no better than others that I've noticed and he cant carry Kamara's jock. He shouldn't have been the 4th pick and he damn sure shouldn't have been extended a year early. No burst cant hold on to the ball now.

what i will give him somewhat of a pass on is he cant control how bad the oline has regressed.
I'm saying he was more valuable at the time moving foward than Ramsey, theybwere looking at Zeke being able to help the offense stay on the field and close drives and helping the D stay off the field. Not arguing with you completely just stating what been said over and over by the team, scouts and media

Reactions: CWR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care how much money these guys make. Get what you can get. It is fine by me. In a non salary cap world it would be a complete non issue. In a salary cap world the money you make is everything. team success depends on getting value out of the dollar. No one cares about the actual dollar value. People care about the impact that it has on the teams success. I don't know why but I feel like this is hard for some people to understand and is the cause of much confusion.

"What do you care how much Zeke makes it's not like it comes out of your pocket." This is an example of some of the most annoying statements that I see. I would like to see a system that converts their contract into something called "team shares". Each team would get 100 team shares. The number of team shares never changes. That way we never have to talk about how much money they make but there is a standardized method of determining how many team shares a player uses up each year. You could then easily convert production into teams shares and the values could be compared from year to year.

If RB x provided 1,000 yards per team share but RB y provided only 250 yards per team share I think it would be pretty easy to pick between the two. I have a feeling Zeke would be setting some all time records and not in a good way.
You are right that in a non-salary cap world this would not be an issue, but I don't see how that makes a point because NFL teams do not exist in a non-salary cap world.

I'm like you in that I don't have a problem with players getting what they can, and I agree that team success depends on getting value out of the dollar. That's why when a team isn't getting enough value out of the dollars paid to a particular player it can cause a problem, and that's why the question of Zeke's salary isn't unreasonable to discuss.

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm saying he was more valuable at the time moving foward than Ramsey, theybwere looking at Zeke being able to help the offense stay on the field and close drives and helping the D stay off the field. Not arguing with you completely just stating what been said over and over by the team, scouts and media
Ill agree there! Zeke was probably drafted for brokeback. Once he went down the dynamic changed

starfan1

Reaction score
Agreed, he was also drafted to help with Romos last window ride
that's who I was referring to. Im not sure that he's the only one that could have done it but I understand what the cowboys were thinking. I just don't agree with it. Imagine this team with Ramsey and Henry.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's my opinion that if you had anyone but Zeke....Dak would have been injured a long time ago. Look at Dak's highlights and see how many times zeke is throwing blocks, or a safe outlet (and for good yards/1st downs too)...not to mention lots of carries to keep them off him (oh I did mention)
Zeke can block but that premise or line of thinking is that no one else can and that simply isn't true.

Creeper

Reaction score
One, yeah, I think it's possible that $175 million could be the cap. That was the negotiated floor by the owners and NFLPA. They didn't pick that number out of a random hat, I think both the NFLPA and owners have a good idea of the range that cap will be. And I suspect it will be below this year's cap (maybe not as far as the $175 million floor however).

As of today, 13 teams would already be over the CAP in 2021, with an average of only 38 players signed. Another 6 teams would have less than $15 million in CAP space again with an average of 38 players under contract. The Saints would be $101 million over the CAP and the Eagles $85 million. The Steelers would be $26 million but they have only 33 players signed for 2021. It could get ugly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke can block but that premise or line of thinking is that no one else can and that simply isn't true.

Pollard would be destroyed by now. Like I said...dare ya to watch Dak's career highlights and tell me any RB will do. You probably won't...too much facts to face.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why? Until Jerry passes the hat and asks me to help pay a player's salary I am more interested in how much fuel the space shuttle burns than am what a player is getting paid.

It's a capped league. That's the constraint under which teams try to put together the best team they can. Getting the most bang for your cap buck is the competition.

Loso86

Reaction score
that's who I was referring to. Im not sure that he's the only one that could have done it but I understand what the cowboys were thinking. I just don't agree with it. Imagine this team with Ramsey and Henry.
If Ramsey hadn't pushed his way out yet

starfan1

Reaction score
Pollard would be destroyed by now. Like I said...dare ya to watch Dak's career highlights and tell me any RB will do. You probably won't...too much facts to face.
Pollard isn’t a horrible blocker but he also wasn’t a choice in 2016 Henry would have done just fine

no matter how you slice it having zeke wasn’t a necessity and Ramsey would have helped this team more and I can’t stand him

you act like zeke is the second coming of zack Martin in the backfield

but you are a insufferable osu homer so I get it . Those are facts and zeke blocking like everything else has regressed

kskboys

Reaction score
win or lose is on the field fan stuff , behind the scenes money NOPE..i see teams like KC who found aa way to pay all their guys..period the cap is a myth, in the fact that teams dont know how to get around it with language and structure. I see teams allegedly have 900k left on their cap and somehow sign 3 big FAs..

so win or lose yes but how the players get to the field and what they make is 100% absolutely not fan thing..you thinking that shows you are the issue around forums thinking somehow you know more about football operations then the actual FO, Owners, Gms and a team of lawyers and CPAs,,got it..egomaniacal know it all..thats whats wrong with the fan base..they THINK AND FEEL TOO Much, stiff their noses in places that shouldnt be concern for fans..it never used to be until the internet, SM, and other media sources opened all that information up for debate..
They found a way to pay them, yes, because Mahomes took a team friendly deal.

Seriously, then why do you post in these threads if you're not interested in discussing it? Seems rather hypocritical.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard isn’t a horrible blocker but he also wasn’t a choice in 2016 Henry would have done just fine

no matter how you slice it having zeke wasn’t a necessity and Ramsey would have helped this team more and I can’t stand him

you act like zeke is the second coming of zack Martin in the backfield

but you are a insufferable osu homer so I get it . Those are facts and zeke blocking like everything else has regressed

Yes....yes it has. The whole team has...really. By god we'll make zeke take the fall for it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes....yes it has. The whole team has...really. By god we'll make zeke take the fall for it.

where did I say it was all Zekes fault? In fact I said alot of what has happened can be attributed to the Olines fall from grace. Steve I simply dont get your oversensity about anything Zeke. Im not sure if its your OSU bias or hes just your favorite player and you wont look at Zeke without rose colored glasses and you dont want to be wrong. A lot of the criticism he's getting is accurate as all get out.in terms of games lost that can be attributed to certain players to hes on the list. Him and Witten were monumental in the NO loss last year and hes a part of why we were playing from behind this year early on. cant remember which game he had 2 fumbles.

People said in 2016 we were making a mistake and its played out we should have drafted Ramsey at 4 and pushed for henry later but hindsight is 20/20. Hes falling apart and because of what he has done in terms of salary demands he is going to be criticized. That's just how it works. Just as Dak gets hammered so does he as he should its a valid discussion. and you can add Jaylon to that as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They found a way to pay them, yes, because Mahomes took a team friendly deal.

Seriously, then why do you post in these threads if you're not interested in discussing it? Seems rather hypocritical.
not exactly team friendly its still HUGE..sorry but all teams have ways to circumvent all cap situations and if they choose they can make them all work..fans are not carpologist and all the deals Jones have reached of late including zekes were very flexible and team friendly..the only reason daks not truly signed yet , its because hes the only player to NOT sign a more team friendly deal..People around here feel the jonses dont know how to manage the cap and made bad deals but of you look around at what they did with McCoy and all the actual details of the big contracts most say were mistakes, they have the right structure to not hurt the team long term..

its will work out moneys not fans responsibility to lose sleep over, we watch the game and cheer for whomever is under the star..how much they get paid is not a factor..

everything this year seems to be magnified 10000X personally, sports, politics etc etc 2020 a mess and now every little thing seems to trigger fans..

relax people this is sports, we are lucky to have any at akll in 2020 so stop worrying about contracts and business side of sports..

Sydla

Reaction score
not exactly team friendly its still HUGE..sorry but all teams have ways to circumvent all cap situations and if they choose they can make them all work..fans are not carpologist and all the deals Jones have reached of late including zekes were very flexible and team friendly..the only reason daks not truly signed yet , its because hes the only player to NOT sign a more team friendly deal..People around here feel the jonses dont know how to manage the cap and made bad deals but of you look around at what they did with McCoy and all the actual details of the big contracts most say were mistakes, they have the right structure to not hurt the team long term..

its will work out moneys not fans responsibility to lose sleep over, we watch the game and cheer for whomever is under the star..how much they get paid is not a factor..

everything this year seems to be magnified 10000X personally, sports, politics etc etc 2020 a mess and now every little thing seems to trigger fans..

relax people this is sports, we are lucky to have any at akll in 2020 so stop worrying about contracts and business side of sports..

This is a misnomer. Because sure, there are ways to circumvent the cap in the short term, but eventually, ALL TEAMS have to pay the piper. It happened to use a few years ago when we had cap problems. Look at Philly now. They worked the cap hard in the last few years and now are staring at being almost $70 million over the cap next year. They are going to have to get real creative just to get to the cap, meaning they likely can't do squat in FA.

So it's silly to try to say, "well it's OK that we are using X cap space on Elliott because we can work the cap and sign players we want..........." because at the end of the day, at some point, you are going to have to pay up. It happens to every team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
where did I say it was all Zekes fault? In fact I said alot of what has happened can be attributed to the Olines fall from grace. Steve I simply dont get your oversensity about anything Zeke. Im not sure if its your OSU bias or hes just your favorite player and you wont look at Zeke without rose colored glasses and you dont want to be wrong. A lot of the criticism he's getting is accurate as all get out.in terms of games lost that can be attributed to certain players to hes on the list. Him and Witten were monumental in the NO loss last year and hes a part of why we were playing from behind this year early on. cant remember which game he had 2 fumbles.

People said in 2016 we were making a mistake and its played out we should have drafted Ramsey at 4 and pushed for henry later but hindsight is 20/20. Hes falling apart and because of what he has done in terms of salary demands he is going to be criticized. That's just how it works. Just as Dak gets hammered so does he as he should its a valid discussion. and you can add Jaylon to that as well.

Sorry...I didn't particularly mean you...."us" in general.

Dak gets "hammered" by only a few people. Jaylon probably deserves dished.

Sydla

Reaction score
As of today, 13 teams would already be over the CAP in 2021, with an average of only 38 players signed. Another 6 teams would have less than $15 million in CAP space again with an average of 38 players under contract. The Saints would be $101 million over the CAP and the Eagles $85 million. The Steelers would be $26 million but they have only 33 players signed for 2021. It could get ugly.

Exactly. I was initially of the mind they'd set the cap at this year's level and go from there but when they cut a deal with the NFLPA of a floor of $175 million, I realized that a lowered cap from this year was a distinct possibility.

If the cap comes in around $180 million, let's say, the offseason 2021 is going to be like the Wild West, LOL.