I give you Dak Prescott - the NFL's highest rated passer

Jipper

Reaction score
Yes. 100%.

There is 1 winner and 31 losers after every season.

Anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failure when you're one of the top teams in the NFL.

I completely disagree, you are moving thr goal post. This team was a bottom dweller last year, they have a chance to do something special this year.

Anything divisional round win or better is a successful season, and would the first of such in 26 years

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I completely disagree, you are moving thr goal post. This team was a bottom dweller last year, they have a chance to do something special this year.

Anything divisional round win or better is a successful season, and would the first of such in 26 years
You play to win the whole thing. I'm sure none of the guys in that locker room are thinking making it to the NFC Championship Game will suffice. If there are guys thinking that way then hopefully they won't be in that locker room much longer, because if you're not playing to win the whole thing, but rather have your goal set at just getting close being good enough, then that's loser mentality to me.

Jipper

Reaction score
You play to win the whole thing. I'm sure none of the guys in that locker room are thinking making it to the NFC Championship Game will suffice. If there are guys thinking that way then hopefully they won't be in that locker room much longer, because if you're not playing to win the whole thing, but rather have your goal set at just getting close being good enough, then that's loser mentality to me.

Cracking me up with the loser mentality garbage- this team has not been beyond the divisional round in 26 years- thats the starting point for success

Of course they want to win it all, but have to keep it in perspective....one step at a time. Also, I think you are failing to realize there is a difference in team goals vs fan goals....as a team I'm sure they always want to win it all, as fans we have to realize that success is not fully dependent on winning the superbowl

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cracking me up with the loser mentality garbage- this team has not been beyond the divisional round in 26 years- thats the starting point for success

Of course they want to win it all, but have to keep it in perspective....one step at a time. Also, I think you are failing to realize there is a difference in team goals vs fan goals....as a team I'm sure they always want to win it all, as fans we have to realize that success is not fully dependent on winning the superbowl

Ricky Bobby ruined a generation of fans.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You, as a fan, can have the goals be whatever you want them to be. You can ask 100 people and you'll get a bunch of different opinions on what they would consider a successful season.

I chose to always have the goal be a Championship. You or I do not speak for all fans. You can be happy getting close, but for me, it's always Super Bowl.

If there's any player in the Cowboys locker room that thinks getting to the NFC Championship Game will mean a successful season then I hope they get cut, because that loser mentality has no place in processional sports.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Loser mentalities and participation trophies is more of a problem then some dumb movie.

I mean the Movie had an excellent point about the journey and HOW to become a winner.....maybe just record the season and then you wouldn't even have to waste time watching what happens...you know since only one game matters...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Back to back stinkers by Stafford (is he remembering who he really is now?) and a major stinker by Wilson places Dak at the top of the mountain for at least this week. Since the KC defense stinks I don't see any reason for him to fall off that perch at least for one more.. He struggled a little the last time he faced the Raiders but that was on the road so he should light into them too at home and on Thanksgiving. Dude might take home the passing title along with his comeback player of the year trophy and Super Bowl MVP!! ;-)

Dak is a stud and earning every Penny.

3 stinkers in a row takes Zeke out of the running for the rushing title. Poor Zeke doesnt get enough carries. Boohooo

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Stop trying to poke me.

As a fan I have goals and perspective, I'm not a player nor an owner
You're right, so maybe don't chime in and say my perspective and goals as a fan is a "garbage statement" if you don't agree.

That's not cool.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is a stud and earning every Penny.

3 stinkers in a row takes Zeke out of the running for the rushing title. Poor Zeke doesnt get enough carries. Boohooo
Zeke is an asset. But definitely an overpaid asset.

He’s not the first and won’t be the last.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude your Zeke obsession is embarrassing and unhealthy. Seek help..

Im not the one that cant admit he had a bad game. You must be in love with him. Do you have a crush?

Dak has a terrible game last week. See, not so tough.

Zeke has had 3 stinkers in a row.