I give you Dak Prescott - the NFL's highest rated passer

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im not the one that cant admit he had a bad game. You must be in love with him. Do you have a crush?

Dak has a terrible game last week. See, not so tough.

Zeke has had 3 stinkers in a row.
Yea, good thing we aren’t as reliable on Elliotts impact and production on the ground anymore to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is an underperforming asset which is a liability.
Yea, that’s assuming we’d spend the additional money well we’re over paying him . But I hear ya. We have a couple others on this team we could say that. We got rid of one of them already in Smith. Van Esch and Dlaw could be next . Totally under performing for their salaries.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yea, that’s assuming we’d spend the additional money well we’re over paying him . But I hear ya. We have a couple others on this team we could say that. We got rid of one of them already in Smith. Van Esch and Dlaw could be next . Totally under performing for their salaries.

Paying a RB big money is a losing prop in todays NFL...just look at Henry, to payoff well you almost have to run them until they are hurt. If your soley looking at what this offense is asking Zeke to do..he is doing it at a high level. Contract was bad but not because its Zeke..because its the RB position ...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well remember QBR tries to factor in degree of difficulty as well as tries to grade things like "poor decisions," "inaccurate throws" and what not. Obviously a lot of that sort of thing is subjective. They might see a throw that is only an inch away from being picked off but ends up complete because the DB couldn't reach it as a poor decision or a bad throw where a guy just "got lucky." Someone else looking at the same play might call it "a dime." That's why you really gotta watch the games and make up your own mind. There is no "number" that is ever going to tell the whole story.
That is the eye test. Which gets bashed by state where's. But....it's how we watch and process ....and enjoy....the game. Cantbe afraid of what your eyes say.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Throwing out the Denver game (rust and line issues)...I can't deny that Prescott is definitely on a new level this year. Definitely good enough to reach a Super Bowl with the weapons he has. He leads in 2 of 3 metrics...DVOA, VOA and DYAR (2nd to Brady)...even if only ninth in QBR. At this point I'd say that anything less than a title game appearance would be an egregious waste of what looks (so far) like a special season (especially as it pertains to turnovers). There is still the question of the defense, which is better protected when Prescott is balling. The defense is not a unit that will "carry" the team, especially with DLaw and Gregory on the shelf. If the offense can put up a buck-fifty in the running game and 250 - 300 yds on the passing side then the Cowboys are a threat to beat any team in the league right now. It then becomes a matter of the turnover differential. IIRC the Cowboys are avg 31.6 ppg...which leads the NFL.

It's a very good thing that Gallup returns to the fold because the offense is going to need to ball until the QB hounds get healthy.

Reactions: CWR

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the insults and attacks!

Debate all you want but there is no need for insults!

Jipper

Reaction score
You're right, so maybe don't chime in and say my perspective and goals as a fan is a "garbage statement" if you don't agree.

That's not cool.

It's still a garbage statement and you were talking about players perspectives not fans perspectives, and I'll chime in whereever I like tough guy, but hey keep it up

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You're a bit late with the program I see... This label has already been attached in most NFL circles..
Playing at an elite level and being elite are not necessarily the same thing. There is a longevity threshold to cross to truly be elite.

My program has a pre-requisite and more pelts than yours.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Playing at an elite level and being elite are not necessarily the same thing. There is a longevity threshold to cross to truly be elite.

My program has a pre-requisite and more pelts than yours.

Well I hope you weren't one of those who had Josh Allen among the elite after his basically one year stint among the league's elite passers.