I guess all is quiet for the Cowboys

Jipper

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any more moves being made?? I think after pro days, teams will begin to focus on their draft boards, and LESS about free agents!

Who if anyone can we sneak in to sign
I'm sure there is stuff going on behind the scenes and there might be another surprise signing and or trade...maybe a depth player or two but seems like it's draft focus now...

And that is ok by me...they have plenty of cap left if someone they want is available and they don't have any gaping holes except for DT which in all fairness is always a gapping hole

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any more moves being made?? I think after pro days, teams will begin to focus on their draft boards, and LESS about free agents!

It appears we'll just have to wait and see what develops, if anything. It seems there's enough left under the cap to do something, although it may not be anything overly impressive. I suppose we can still hope for something worthwhile, though. I'm anticipating some smallish deals, to be honest.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Jerry said his little show should have you guys hooked for another 4 or more seasons while his bank account grows. Nothing more to see here. Jerry has gone almost half in this year.
Well for Jerry its probably a little less; Jethro Jr is probably in near panic mode since we have actually done something and he is not ready for that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are the only ones who know what their intentions are, and they're silent lately. I don't expect anything major to occur, really. Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised we've made some of the signings that we have already. Anything more would be borderline astounding.:grin:

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Jerry said his little show should have you guys hooked for another 4 or more seasons while his bank account grows. Nothing more to see here. Jerry has gone almost half in this year.
while i applaud your sacrasm, something has to be said for how the team has been developing and being built over the past 2 season + this offseason. This by far the most consistency we have seen in 30 years in terms of drafting, player development, smart acquistions and even contract management.

While i don't think i would say jerry has gone all in, half in, not in, whatever....i will say that there is more optimisim now in the way the team and staff have aquired and kept talent than i have seen in a long time. That alone plus the stability that the hc is providing is giving us hope that the path may be different than we have seen in a long time.

Jarntt

Reaction score

We will sign/trade for a LB and a DT. It may not be the ones any of us want or anyone we even know much about, but we need more bodies if nothing else at those two positions. I'm still thinking a starting LB like Wagner and a starting NT are both very possible. While I want a good 3 tech, I don't see it happening. Maybe at the trade deadline (if we don't draft one) if we squirrel away all of this cap space we created.

Carson

Reaction score
They still need to address NT and maybe a kicker, but that could happen post draft.
I would say both would likely be post draft.

Outside of Vanderjagt and Zuerlein (who followed Bones) I cannot remember Dallas signing a kicker.

They typically draft (Buehler, Folk) or go the UDFA way (Bailey, Garibay, Cundiff)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would say both would likely be post draft.

Outside of Vanderjagt and Zuerlein (who followed Bones) I cannot remember Dallas signing a kicker.

They typically draft (Buehler, Folk) or go the UDFA way (Bailey, Garibay, Cundiff)
Usually teams keep 2 kickers in camp, we will probably add another at some point.

Shane612

Reaction score
They still need to get some DT, DE, LB help.
Are they going to draft for those positions?
They're still a little thin at the CB positions.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think they are good at DE....yes need DT starter and some LB Depth...if they could get one DT before the draft that could be a starter then i truly think the could go BPA that fits best in the draft....which is a very good spot to be in.

Carson

Reaction score
They are fine at DE, CB and LB. The depth they sign is not an upgrade over anything in the draft.

LB is already at 5. Parsons, LVE, Clark, Cox, Harper. 1-2 in the draft + UDFA

DE is at 5. Tank, Armstrong, Fowler, Williams, Golston. More draft + UDFA

CB has 7 already Diggs, Gilly, Bland, Lewis, Joseph, Wright, Goodwin already.

bewp7

Reaction score
depth stuff

i bet hankins and some kicker compition at least