I guess Cowboys loss isn’t so bad now?

JustChip

Reaction score
No they did not lose to the better team. Dallas is better than 49ers. Given the weapons we had, we still should have beaten the 49ers no matter what. Garappolo eas nothing more than an average QB tonight but they still could advance thanks to their offensive line and creative running game.

We got to understand that. Our offensive line and running are the problem and this team goes nowhere as long as they are not solved.
Your post is a contradiction. First you say we’re better than the 49ers, then you say our offensive line and running game have to be better. Well, the 49ers win because theirs were/are better. Add that to their DL and coaching and it totals to a better team.

Did you see the plays that HC/OC designed and ran? You just do not see that kind if creativity with Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I haven't been on the fire McCarthy band wagon, although I would understand if Jerry decided to fire him. But you can't compare last night's game to the 49ers-Cowboys game. The Cowboys enjoyed good weather, comfortable temperatures and a perfect field to play on. The Packers were clearly hurt by the cold, snow and wind at Lambeau. Last night's game between the 49ers and Packers was all about the weather conditions, not about sloppy, undisciplined, stupid football.

I have no doubt that if Rodgers had the same conditions to play in as the Cowboys he would have had a few TDs and a lot more points. The special teams mistakes would not have mattered much.
That’s a subjective argument that’s not pertinent. Woulda coulda shoulda. Both teams had to deal with same elements.

If inclement weather was a concern for this Packers team then perhaps they should have bowed out playing for home field the last month.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I hate when inexperienced football people like the OP tries to use Football math to explain things.

"Well we barely lost to SF and they beat GB, we aren't that bad and Dak is as good as Rodgers apparently"

Reasons GB lost:

Matchups
Weather
Bad day
Luck
Blocked FG and Punt in the same game.
Resulting in the only points you make.
Any given Sunday

Reasons Cowboys lost

QB consistently underperforms in important games.
Offense
OC
Run game
Head Coach
Penalties
Undisciplined
GM

Two totally different games and Reasons we lost. Stop comparing them. Learn football.

nobody

Reaction score
I haven't been on the fire McCarthy band wagon, although I would understand if Jerry decided to fire him. But you can't compare last night's game to the 49ers-Cowboys game. The Cowboys enjoyed good weather, comfortable temperatures and a perfect field to play on. The Packers were clearly hurt by the cold, snow and wind at Lambeau. Last night's game between the 49ers and Packers was all about the weather conditions, not about sloppy, undisciplined, stupid football.

I have no doubt that if Rodgers had the same conditions to play in as the Cowboys he would have had a few TDs and a lot more points. The special teams mistakes would not have mattered much.

The 49ers played in the same conditions as GB. They won. Rodgers is used to those conditions. SF just beat them and GB choked. Like the Cowboys were beaten and the Cowboys choked.

It is what it is.

JustChip

Reaction score

GB built the team they have because they have AR. It’s not necessarily built to win those ugly, weather games. That’s a failure on GB’s part, but I understand why they do that. It’s the same problem Miami had with Marino.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know I didn't. I used the Cardinals game as a measuring stick which was the closest we got to a playoff game in the regular season. I also disagree about there being no shame to losing to "better" teams in the playoffs, because part of what makes them better is the attitude/culture the team has in the playoffs that makes them live up to their potential. With no leadership, talent goes to waste.
Good. Then your expectations were low as well.

Id also argue the Tampa and KC games were ones I used to measure our playoff potential.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If doesn’t look meaningless now.
it does. just because they did it against this year, doesn't proove anything. NE was superbowl winners three years ago...they are not doing so good and got blown out in historic fashion. Philly was superbowl winner 4 years ago and they are struggling... Rams went 5-11 one year and then won superbowl the next....by the same token we can say Niners went 6-10 last year, which is closer in timeline than two years ago. so we lost to a team that went 6-10 last year....its illogical line of argument

Diehardblues

Reaction score
GB built the team they have because they have AR. It’s not necessarily built to win those ugly, weather games. That’s a failure on GB’s part, but I understand why they do that. It’s the same problem Miami had with Marino.
Perhaps Rodgers should look for his new team in a dome or warmer climate cause if cold inclement weather doesn’t suit his game , he’s definitely in the wrong place.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Now that we apparently lost to a better team in playoffs.

Packers loss today should secure McCarthys job and shed some light on our season this year.

Turns out we were probably closer to 6th best team in NFC and over achieved with 3 seed. Good job!

The loss just proves what so many dont want to except.... it is rare for any team to be truly special. The salary cap does its job quite well. Both number 1 seeds lost yesterday. Is anyone really surprised? This would have been an absolute SHOCKER if this was 1988...... PRE CAP YEARS.

Some of you just incist on saying it is incompetence.... is it? I guess the packers GM and coach is incompetent, as is Vrabel??? Blowing HF advantage like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it does. just because they did it against this year, doesn't proove anything. NE was superbowl winners three years ago...they are not doing so good and got blown out in historic fashion. Philly was superbowl winner 4 years ago and they are struggling... Rams went 5-11 one year and then won superbowl the next....by the same token we can say Niners went 6-10 last year, which is closer in timeline than two years ago. so we lost to a team that went 6-10 last year....its illogical line of argument
Wait a minute. This is basically the same team SF had two years ago and why it’s pertinent. This just doesn’t fit your narrative so you’re dismissing it.

We went 6-10 last year mainly cause of injuries. Similar to SF.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No they did not lose to the better team. Dallas is better than 49ers. Given the weapons we had, we still should have beaten the 49ers no matter what. Garappolo eas nothing more than an average QB tonight but they still could advance thanks to their offensive line and creative running game.

We got to understand that. Our offensive line and running are the problem and this team goes nowhere as long as they are not solved.

They won due to a special teams block punt and td and you want to say they won because of creative running game and line play? bahahhahahahahahhahahaha

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, it's still bad. We lost a game we should have won. You can spin it any way you'd like but it's still bad. Doesn't matter what another team or player did, we didn't do what we were capable of doing.
damn some of you are clueless. You have zero ability to see meanings of posts unless it is smacking you in the face. You absolutely took his bait and ran with it. Good on you die hard....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The loss just proves what so many dont want to except.... it is rare for any team to be truly special. The salary cap does its job quite well. Both number 1 seeds lost yesterday. Is anyone really surprised? This would have been an absolute SHOCKER if this was 1988...... PRE CAP YEARS.

Some of you just incist on saying it is incompetence.... is it? I guess the packers GM and coach is incompetent, as is Vrabel??? Blowing HF advantage like that.
Yep but pre cap would be more like 1994 than 1988.

I think what this tells us is there is still more than one way in winning a championship . While having an Elite QB makes it easier to build around pressure defenses and running games are still a force to be reckoned with.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Stars in offense can always be shut down with great defenses. We’ve seen this time and time again. What’s it going to take to accept it?

We sawthe greatest QB of this era in NFC get shut down. By pressuring him. Defense rules in the playoffs . This is not fantasy football .
great defenses? So now the niners defense is great? Those 0 degree temps didnt have much to do with it , did it? Defenses win in the playoffs? Really, you so sure about that? Go look at the scores of the past 10 SB winning teams playoff games and see how many of their games, so it would be at least 30 games, see how many of those games that team was held below 20 points.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Low expectations are what you have when garrett is your hc or even oc, since he's not much of an x and o coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
great defenses? So now the niners defense is great? Those 0 degree temps didnt have much to do with it , did it? Defenses win in the playoffs? Really, you so sure about that? Go look at the scores of the past 10 SB winning teams playoff games and see how many of their games, so it would be at least 30 games, see how many of those games that team was held below 20 points.
You obviously misread . I said another way to win without an Elite QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You obviously misread . I said another way to win.
defenses and offenses dont play in a vacuum. They go hand in hand. If our offense didnt keep punting over and over against the niners in the first half, the niners likely have 10 points in the first half.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Low expectations are what you have when garrett is your hc or even oc, since he's not much of an x and o coach.
blah, blah, blah.

Do you have super high expectations now with Mike? I mean, he is a SB winning coach and all. Is Mike an Xs and Os kind of coach?