I guess Cowboys loss isn’t so bad now?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe we aren’t as talented in key areas as the opponents which beat us.
I think dallas is , or at least = to opponents.
kyler and dak are about the same, and I think we had more talent at WR and te.
SF, again about the same, although this deebo guy is pretty good, but look at how they use him. They just utilized their good players better.
Jimmy and dak are about the same , and again our wr talent is better, just not used correctly.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Next time GB should try not to get #1 seed and HFA since we all know what the weather conditions are in Green Bay this time of the year. Fact that a west coast team went in there and beat them does not show much HFA
yeah rodgers is getting old, so that cold willl get to him more than younger guys.
Also the offense they run, it is better in a dome or not cold field.

So it isnt the big advantage some think it is.
I think if GB HC were smarter, he would have a different offense to run in extreme cold for those home games, throw out the regular offense and design
and run offense just for home playoff games. Maybe even use a running qb , not rodgers.
then is SB, go back to rodgers and normal offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
SF, again about the same, although this deebo guy is pretty good, but look at how they use him. They just utilized their good players better.
Jimmy and dak are about the same , and again our wr talent is better, just not used correctly.
Better talent at WR doesn’t x-out out their better running game and defense.

It’s a common trait to only focus on our strengths and not our opponent’s.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Better talent at WR doesn’t x-out out their better running game and defense.

It’s a common trait to only focus on our strengths and not our opponent’s.
well I said I was talking about off only in regards to talent.
as for the run game, dallas could have a good run game if I was the hc with power to do whatever I want.
Pollard would be the main back zeke would be used as his bkup and in certain situations.
I might use a FB to run block and change the blocking schemes. And you have to go with 25 or more rushes.
SF said they wanted to hit 25 rushes that day. Dallas had no idea how many rushes they wanted, kellen calls a run if he feels like it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well I said I was talking about off only in regards to talent.
as for the run game, dallas could have a good run game if I was the hc with power to do whatever I want.
Pollard would be the main back zeke would be used as his bkup and in certain situations.
I might use a FB to run block and change the blocking schemes. And you have to go with 25 or more rushes.
SF said they wanted to hit 25 rushes that day. Dallas had no idea how many rushes they wanted, kellen calls a run if he feels like it.
Until those things happen they aren’t a favorable matchup for us.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Team to team, the talent in the NFL is fairly evenly spread out, which is the way it's designed, with the draft ordering. Certainly there are teams that have more talented players than others, but like you said, it's how that talent is utilized. Why else do people talk about the "innovative" coaches?

Winning the SB, despite the Pats' run, is very hard. The Steelers have been in the playoffs 7 times in the 13 years since they won their last SB, yet they've only made the conference championship once in that span. The Packers have had the no. 1 seed three years in a row yet haven't even made the SB, let alone won it.

Takes more than talented players. Whether Dallas has had lots of talent or not, it's clearly evident they have had neither the coaching nor the front office that's needed for rings....

sean10mm

Reaction score
Cowboys fans always overrate Cowboys talent in the post-1996 era, I think in part because Jerruh favors splash moves and hype over roster depth. They've had so many seasons where 1 guy gets hurt and an entire side of the team implodes that it's hard to ignore.