I guess Dak Prescott is gonna be the Cowboys Quarterback next year

JBS

Reaction score
You didn't know this before today?

Sheesh..you shouldnt say these things in public

Chuck 54

Reaction score
With this win, the race for Trevor Lawrence is over.

Still in play for Justin Fields, but it's a pretty huge longshot.

Dalton is gonna have to compete for the backup job vs Gilbert next year. I personally think Gilbert's loss to the Steelers is more impressive than Dalton's merely decent win over the Vikings.

Sorry, crybabies :popcorn:
First, one win doesn’t mean we won’t have a top 3 or 5 pick. It’s not like the other 2 win teams are going winless the rest of the way, and we were never in that a Lawrence race with the Jets.

Second, Dalton is a one year guy. He will be a free agent next year. It’s very unlikely that he will resign with Dallas.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
That’s for the Franchise tag yes an extension would be significantly cheaper the first year.

You understand it is in Dak's best interest to take the tag next year. It forces jerry to overpay and puts him in a bad spot. I'd like dak to sign long term but if we don't pay someone else will and he only seems to care about money.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You understand it is in Dak's best interest to take the tag next year. It forces jerry to overpay and puts him in a bad spot. I'd like dak to sign long term but if we don't pay someone else will and he only seems to care about money.

I agree that was the case before the injury.

I do think the injury changes things. And coming so close to a possibly career threatening injury might have made him rethink his strategy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Fire this up now.....

3000.jpeg

I can feel the Dak lovers hate building already. You don't pass on franchise QBs. Making America's team great again....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dalton is gonna have to compete for the backup job vs Gilbert next year. I personally think Gilbert's loss to the Steelers is more impressive than Dalton's merely decent win over the Vikings.

35 Million reasons and a gimp leg why your post is a man crush fantasy!
P.S.Lets do not forget his .500 ball and 1 playoff win to his name!

Yobwocs

Reaction score
35 Million reasons and a gimp leg why your post is a man crush fantasy!
P.S.Lets do not forget his .500 ball and 1 playoff win to his name!

How do you figure any scenario where Dak isn't the Cowboys QB next year? I'd really like to hear it. The Jones are gonna move on from Dak for Dalton? :laugh:

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'd prefer not to how about you just tell me? As a matter of fact forget it. Don't worry about it.

....want me to go through your damn post history who the hell are you?

Sorry you can't comprehend what you read. Please put me on ignore, I'll be doing it to you in a couple of minutes.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
3000.jpeg

kyle-trask-back-for-pass-ob.jpg

You don't invest in a mediocre QB that can't stay healthy....Especially a guy that wants to be overpaid.

Yeah, I never heard anyone say they want to draft those guys. It's just your own ideas, man.

That's not to say, that's also not gonna happen.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Knowing our genius GM he would mortgage the farm to trade up to get Lawrence so I would not put it to bed just yet and there are plenty of games left.

Last edited: