I guess Dak Prescott is gonna be the Cowboys Quarterback next year

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
the race for Trevor Lawrence is over. Dalton is gonna have to compete for the backup job vs Gilbert next year. I personally think Gilbert's loss to the Steelers is more impressive than Dalton's merely decent win over the Vikings.
Dallas already has an excellent qb. If you don't like him, go cheer for the Egals qb. He's making a cool $35 million per w/14 picks in 10 games & is the league's absolute worst.

Dalton only signed for one season. He doesn't have to "compete" w/anyone on this team, especially if Jerry asks/pays him to stay.

Gilbert ~ Trevor Lawrence, pleez. :rolleyes:

Darkhound

Reaction score
Even if we drafted a QB is not guarantee. But still I am beyond upset that we have settled for a 4th round QB to build around.
What I still dont get is how dome people here celebrate we have a mediocre QB. It is a clear sign that we as a fan base are so used to loosing that we now settle for less

Swagger

Reaction score
Even if we drafted a QB is not guarantee. But still I am beyond upset that we have settled for a 4th round QB to build around.
What I still dont get is how dome people here celebrate we have a mediocre QB. It is a clear sign that we as a fan base are so used to loosing that we now settle for less
Yes it's embarrassing. Imagine a QB like Herbert with this team going forwards...

CWR

Reaction score
He will be and not because of draft position but a thoroughly incompetent front office.

Same front office you wanted to trade away multiple firsts to pick up Wentz. I think you're gonna fall for Dak some day too.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

What are dome people? People who only go to indoor games? What the hell are people dealing with that makes them "upset" about something a football team did? Really? And while Dalton is not some MVP candidate it's not fair to call him mediocre. He could be above average as he goes forward.

Swagger

Reaction score
Same front office you wanted to trade away multiple firsts to pick up Wentz. I think you're gonna fall for Dak some day too.
To be fair Wentz has a ring and played three years to a very high standard of QB play before he stumbled to his current level. I would take a ring for giving up a few picks.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Thank goodness we can now put the Trevor Lawrence foolishness behind us.

We sign Dak and start breaking NFL passing records again.
I've enjoyed not seeing multiple game ending picks with our backups

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes it's embarrassing. Imagine a QB like Herbert with this team going forwards...

Yeah no rookie has ever come into the league and had a good run early only to have the league watch film on him and have things get a lot tougher in ensuing years. So whatever Herbert is doing now is guaranteed to continue the rest of his career. Just as drafting the kid from Clemson is a lead pipe cinch to result in multiple Super Bowls here in Dallas.

CWR

Reaction score
To be fair Wentz has a ring and played three years to a very high standard of QB play before he stumbled to his current level. I would take a ring for giving up a few picks.

Tbf, he has a ring***
Foles has a ring too.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
You don’t have to convince me how good Dak is.

I’m just saying if the cowboys had the first overall pick I would still take Lawrence.

Not trying to convince you. Im asking for your explanation why when we could trade back, get multiple picks, stack the Defense with young talent thats here the next 4 to 5 years depending on when there drafted? I want to understand where you are coming from, not argue.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Wentz was going the same thing while Philly won the Super Bowl that you and I were.. He just had better seats. And I have no idea where you get "very high standard of QB play." Dude only has one season in his career with a QBR over 65.. The QB in Dallas only has one season BELOW 65. Wentz's passer rating is 89.7 for his career. The QB in Dallas is 97.3. Wentz completes 63% of his passes.. The QB in Dallas completes 66% of his. Wentz had thrown at least 14 INTs twice in his career. And one of those is this year.. and counting.. The QB in Dallas has never thrown more than 13 INTs in a season. And obviously won't get there this year.. where his count stopped at 4. If Wentz was playing at a "very high standard of QB play" then the guy in Dallas was playing at whatever level ranks higher than "very high."

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Not "loosing", it's "losing". !!! I like you, bro, but I really hate it when people misspell "losing". lol

CWR

Reaction score
Yes that's true. So does Trent Dilfer.

What's your point?

My point is his team won the superbowl without him. He had a great year, but any time you make a statement about Wentz being a superbowl winning qb its important to put the ***** since he didn't take a snap in the post season.

Of course neither of us know what would've happened if he went down in week 2 or whenever, so he does deserve credit for a having a great season and helping to put his team in position.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
With this win, the race for Trevor Lawrence is over.

Still in play for Justin Fields, but it's a pretty huge longshot.

Dalton is gonna have to compete for the backup job vs Gilbert next year. I personally think Gilbert's loss to the Steelers is more impressive than Dalton's merely decent win over the Vikings.

Sorry, crybabies :popcorn:
everything was fine, but you had to add crybabies at the end didnt you?
Its you who looks babyish right now

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Dak won't be the QB for the Cowboys next year is a moron. Under contract or tag it is a done deal.

We need a good draft position so we can trade down and try to get some defensive help.
the name calling around here, both ways, is so sickening

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Thank goodness we can now put the Trevor Lawrence foolishness behind us.

We sign Dak and start breaking NFL passing records again.
I'd rather win playoff games. Lots of qb's put up gawdy counting numbers like yards. That said I do think Dak can deliver and go deep in the playoffs. I'd be shocked if he wasn't the qb next year