I had an interesting conversation about Free

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
tunahelper;5076470 said:
There is a sales rep who is recently retired NFL tackle. He was a career backup and borderline roster guy, but he played close to ten years.

Since he played tackle I asked him about Doug Free and how is it he regressed.

His answer suprised me and he said it could be PED's, but probably confidence. He said the shifting from side to side is very difficult and not many people even attempt it as a full time starter.

Your technique becomes shifted and when your results slip you begin guessing on the pass rushers and second guessing yourself. So in way our moving of Free may have caused the problems.

I said this long ago. I think there is some truth to it, too. He was a good RT at one time. Moved to LT and was OK. Then moved back to RT and was putrid. That doesn't make sense. Anyone who says he has always sucked is a moron.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5076981 said:
I said this long ago. I think there is some truth to it, too. He was a good RT at one time. Moved to LT and was OK. Then moved back to RT and was putrid. That doesn't make sense. Anyone who says he has always sucked is a moron.

he had a good year at RT and a decent year at LT. Then got the contract and its been downhill ever since

jnday

Reaction score
The only interesting conversation that I could have about Free is him being cut.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tunahelper;5076470 said:
There is a sales rep who is recently retired NFL tackle. He was a career backup and borderline roster guy, but he played close to ten years.

Since he played tackle I asked him about Doug Free and how is it he regressed.

His answer suprised me and he said it could be PED's, but probably confidence. He said the shifting from side to side is very difficult and not many people even attempt it as a full time starter.

Your technique becomes shifted and when your results slip you begin guessing on the pass rushers and second guessing yourself. So in way our moving of Free may have caused the problems.

His answer could be why he was a borderline roster guy...if you know what I mean....:D

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5076543 said:
then why would anyone every get caught if it was so easy to circumvent?

Because people are stupid and don't prepare for the eventuality? I know they don't go into the room with you nor record you. That is one way. I am sure you have heard of the wizinator.

Another is timing it. The different steroids stay in your system for various time frames. If you don't use one that is lipid soluble then the liver and kidneys process it out of your blood stream rather quickly. You can wait until you are tested and then use them.

There is an industry that creates cleansers to beat the various tests. The tests are constantly modified to find false positives so if you don't keep up with that then you can get busted however as a last resort you can use one of those assuming you keep up with it.

There are multiple options but we are talking about the NFL and not mensa here.

tunahelper

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5076882 said:
I guess if this thread is OK.....

I can tell everyone about conversations I've had regarding Witten's drug use. He's so hopped up on painkillers during games that he can't remember his own name let alone a snap count. That's why he leads to world in false starts. Or Tyron Smith being a pothead so he gets the munchies to keep on weight.

Maybe it would relate if you were a 10 year pro at TE and understand what some realities are for failed performance. If you read my post confidence was also mentioned.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
Tons of people in the NFL are on PEDs. If Free was on PEDs in 2010 there's no reason to believe he would be off them in 2012.

He was a 1-year-wonder. There's lots of 1-year-wonders in the NFL. Nothing more nothing less than that.

Marktui

Reaction score
erod;5076473 said:
But he was so good at RT three years ago substituting for Columbo, they gave him a big contract. Makes no sense.

He didn't play a full season, when he took over for Columbo.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
burmafrd;5077013 said:
he had a good year at RT and a decent year at LT. Then got the contract and its been downhill ever since

He struggled at LT and lost the job to a sophomore the following year....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5077055 said:
Because people are stupid and don't prepare for the eventuality? I know they don't go into the room with you nor record you. That is one way. I am sure you have heard of the wizinator.

Another is timing it. The different steroids stay in your system for various time frames. If you don't use one that is lipid soluble then the liver and kidneys process it out of your blood stream rather quickly. You can wait until you are tested and then use them.

There is an industry that creates cleansers to beat the various tests. The tests are constantly modified to find false positives so if you don't keep up with that then you can get busted however as a last resort you can use one of those assuming you keep up with it.

There are multiple options but we are talking about the NFL and not mensa here.

Good info, Fuzzy.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;5077554 said:
He struggled at LT and lost the job to a sophomore the following year....

"Lost" the job to Tyron Smith? Free was meant to be their darling RT. But it didn't work out that way.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5077565 said:
"Lost" the job to Tyron Smith? Free was meant to be their darling RT. But it didn't work out that way.

He didn't get paid all that money to play RT......