I hadn't known Deion's history

Boysboy

Reaction score
*sigh* amid all the controversy last week, we nonetheless gut out a very, very good team win on Sun night...probably the best team effort I've seen all year.

But nonetheless, 2/3 of this board do nothing but gripe and complain about all the negatives, no matter how few they are.

For the record-I'm neither a TO nor a Jerry fan, but all this negativity is dispicable.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2498908 said:
For what it's worth, I had an interview with Chad Hennings a few years back, and in talking to him about the Super Bowls, he said that Deion did indeed divide the lockerrom, and was a distraction. Also said he was selfish, but didn't have time to get into that whole deal.

I will find the audio of it, and post the quote here in a bit.

*Edit* Here it is...
Q: The Cowboys recent signing of TO, is similar in a way to the Cowboys of your day signing Deion Sanders. What was the reaction of the players on the team, considering this was the guy who kind of ended your season in 94 with the no call PI on Irvin in the NFCC game. Was he embraced, or an outcast?

A: No, he was friends with alot of the guys. He was best buddies with Michael Irvin, so they went way back. He was a great athelete, so he was a guy there was no animosity for, he was a guy that was going to come in, and help us win that Super Bowl, SB 30, which he did, but sometimes you have to pay the pipe or two, because sometimes that mentallity, and alot of the things that be brought, over time, I think hurt the team, even if he was an immediate impact.

Q: Do you think he was mis-portrayed by the media, or was that a fair assumption?
A: Misportrayed in what way?
Q: That he was, in a way, a locker-room divider, sort to speak.
A: He wasn't- Well, he was a little bit, he was very opinionated, you know looking back on it, very selfish. I'll put it this way, he was maybe the straw that broke the camels back, because there was alot of issues building before, and there was alot of issues that his actions and conduct or whatever, I'm not blaming Deion, but it brought forth alot of pain and aingst wich the coaches and the whole system in general that things just got out of hand."

Take it for what its worth coming from two NAMED sources. I should take Ed Werders job, I name my sources :)

Wow, so Deion got Mike hooked on cocaine and pushed him into a five game suspension in the 1886 campaign? I mean that occurred and if Chad boy says Deion was at the core of the problems that brought the team down, then that must be the case.

Or maybe it was going on long before Jimbo left and both Deion and Switzer were here after they launched into the drugstore Cowboy era.

I'm not saying that Deion isn't selfish or anything. But to lay at the feet of Deion what evidently had been an issue long before he got here is sort of grasping here.

Mike's my favorite Cowboy. Maybe because he faced so much adversity and seemed to come out the other side.

But he got the suspension all by himself. And he didn't just start that business in 1995 when Deion arrived.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
But more to the point.

Where is this team if TO is not here?

Or Jerry Jones?

Or have you people forgot Bum Bright?

Or maybe:

Sebron Spivey
Chuck Scott
Mike Renfro
Kelvin Martin
Kelvin Edwards
Vince Courville
Cornell Burbage
Rod Barksdale
Gordon Banks

That would be your wide receiver corp before that troublemaker Michael Irvin got here.

Or...

Terrance Copper
Patrick Crayton
Terry Glenn
Keyshawn Johnson
Peerless Price

That would be the year before TO.

Save for Glenn, is there anyone in that group that is a legit #1 receiver? And that might be pushing it with Glenn.

It may be a circus, but you can bet we won 13 last year because of Romo to TO.

And that pair still leads in touchdowns over the last two seasons for a starting QB and WR.

Brought to you by one Jerry Jones.

Out-of-touch, unrealistic fans who want choirboys and calmness that get you the Seattle Seahawks.

We're winning, or has the early 2000's slipped your mind?

Sheesh!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498927 said:
But more to the point.

Where is this team if TO is not here?

Or Jerry Jones?

Or have you people forgot Bum Bright?

Or maybe:

Sebron Spivey
Chuck Scott
Mike Renfro
Kelvin Martin
Kelvin Edwards
Vince Courville
Cornell Burbage
Rod Barksdale
Gordon Banks

That would be your wide receiver corp before that troublemaker Michael Irvin got here.

Or...

Terrance Copper
Patrick Crayton
Terry Glenn
Keyshawn Johnson
Peerless Price

That would be the year before TO.

Save for Glenn, is there anyone in that group that is a legit #1 receiver? And that might be pushing it with Glenn.

It may be a circus, but you can bet we won 13 last year because of Romo to TO.

And that pair still leads in touchdowns over the last two seasons for a starting QB and WR.

Brought to you by one Jerry Jones.

Out-of-touch, unrealistic fans who want choirboys and calmness that get you the Seattle Seahawks.

We're winning, or has the early 2000's slipped your mind?

Sheesh!!

It's alot like the Giants and Plaxico Burress. Before Burress got into trouble, Giants fans were saying the same thing like we are with Owens-1) Eli forces balls into him a bit too much, 2) He gives up on routes once in awhile, 3) He's a detriment in the locker room, etc, etc.

But now with Burress out of the lineup for a couple of games, look at the different tune Giants fans are singing now.

Pt being that no player is perfect...just as long as the good >>> the bad, I'll take it.

Daudr

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2495536 said:
Bleu Star shows up to defend Deion but there's nothing he can think of to say.

LMAO

Have you EVER posted anything positive about the Cowboys? Every post I see from you is some stupid conspiracy or trash talk.