I hate Jackie Smith

ilovejerry

Reaction score
How I really feel... You ask ? Lol let me tell you. I was at the induction in Canton HOF when he and RW and TD were there it so happens that he was there as well couldn't believe it ....I wanted to boo him but I was sitting with the families ...so I bit my tongue. And yeah puked a bit in my mouth that this guy was going into the HOF.... I know I'm a little upset I thought 35 years would calm me but NOPE it hasn't .....I hate the guy he dropped a pass that would have tied the game.. I blame HIM...end of story,.... Oh god I feel so much better.. Love this rant zone !!!!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Only tied? I always thought that TD would have won the game, I'm 30 so obviously not as upset as you over this, but it seems him catching the TD didn't guarantee victory. Almost like Romo fumbling the hold against Seattle. Would have gave us the lead, but with the way the defense played that year, I had no doubt Seattle scores.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Only tied? I always thought that TD would have won the game, I'm 30 so obviously not as upset as you over this, but it seems him catching the TD didn't guarantee victory. Almost like Romo fumbling the hold against Seattle. Would have gave us the lead, but with the way the defense played that year, I had no doubt Seattle scores.

Well first thing I was there. You are correct it wouldn't have won the game but it would have changed the game, He should have caught it thats his job all alone in end zone ....And I agree 1000% on the Seattle game. JW fumble and Terry Glenn killed us with a 9 point turn around in points with a fumble on the end zone and us not scoring and having to punt it to them if I recall... I don't not Blame Romo at all he is only reason we were competitive, Defense sucked

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dallas gave up 35 points that game. There was no reason for letting Pittsburgh score that much. If Staubach is okay with the Smith drop then fans should be.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I don't care what Roger said what's he supossed to say he choked. Met many Cowboys on that team and to a man they weren't happy he dropped pass

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Maybe we'll name it the Grudge Zone. Or just the Grudge. Is there any play on The Grudge..the movie here?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is a rant zone. So I'm still ranting 35 years later I still hate him. Don't know how he sleeps at night
I just read this. I get mad only when I remember watching that game. Now I'm pissed again. Thanks for nothing. :mad::)

Phoenix

Reaction score
Jackie_Smith_drop.jpg

iu

iu

Yep, that one still burns me to this day too. :mad::mad::mad:

burmafrd

Reaction score
As much punishment as you want Jackie Smith to have imagine what it has been like these last 35 years for him. He is remembered only for that drop. How many times a year does someone bring that up to him?

Jackie Smith was a great player and a fine person. So just think about what he has been through since then.