I hate lining up in shotgun

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
99% of the freaking time. It’s soft and takes away the play action pass. Zeke is also best when running from an under center hand off. It’s embarrassing how soft this offense is. 3rd and 1 still running out of shotgun! Embarrassing. I strongly feel that’s a huge problem with our soft offense. That is all I drank a little bit I’m pissed. Move it to the “drama zone” or whatever. Sick of this soft team.

Play action can be run from the gun/pistol. I agree in that I don't like it on 3rd and 2 or less but I don't think the gun is our biggest issue.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Agree with all of this, except the bolded. That run had nothing to do with the fact that it was from under center. It was the result of a) being well blocked because they had the numbers advantage and b) Zeke is good.

The NFL just isn't a league where lining up under center matters.

This shows run blocking sucks , even Martin

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You wouldn’t hate it so much if we ran a power running scheme out of it.

Hint hint Lincoln Riley

JustChip

Reaction score
99% of the freaking time. It’s soft and takes away the play action pass. Zeke is also best when running from an under center hand off. It’s embarrassing how soft this offense is. 3rd and 1 still running out of shotgun! Embarrassing. I strongly feel that’s a huge problem with our soft offense. That is all I drank a little bit I’m pissed. Move it to the “drama zone” or whatever. Sick of this soft team.
I agree with you, but it’s where the NFL is going - just a higher version of college ball. I don’t like it, but it is what it is. A lot has to do with having to play players immediately, especially QBs and offensive linemen.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
?

They all won their blocks, Collins was slightly late to reach the LB.
My bad i mixed up collins to Martin, you are right most of the OL did ok, but because of Collins late/ missed block zeke was about to be tackled behind LOS.. very good shoulder moves from him to avoid the tackles.