I hate to admit it...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2665561 said:
I think we might have to trade up for Chung

So it seems maybe we can make a trade be4 draft day and get another 2nd round pick like we did last year. It doesn't seem like any of the players I want us to draft will be there where we're at now.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665566 said:
Please stop. Your losing credibility.

Chung is the #1 ranked SS
Delmars is the #1 ranked FS
Smith isn't top 5 CB

Smith is ranked 52
Chung is ranked 49
Delmars is ranked 47

Yeah my credibility is shot...check nfldraftscout that's where I got these rankings from. Smith isn't generating as much buzz amongst scouts as he is here....

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665572 said:
So it seems maybe we can make a trade be4 draft day and get another 2nd round pick like we did last year. It doesn't seem like any of the players I want us to draft will be there where we're at now.

When did that happen last year? I don't remember picking up another 2nd rounder.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665583 said:
Chung is the #1 ranked SS
Delmars is the #1 ranked FS
Smith isn't top 5 CB

Smith is ranked 52
Chung is ranked 49
Delmars is ranked 47

Yeah my credibility is shot...check nfldraftscout that's where I got these rankings from. Smith isn't generating as much buzz amongst scouts as he is here....

Your logic is flawed. I use actual game film when I make comparisons to players.I don't use a website that tells me who I should think is better because their TWO spots ahead of them.

You=epic fail.

RS12

Reaction score
games are won and lost in the trenches. They prolly take best available DLineman before any safety or LB. I also think they would take a future LT (Beatty if he slides) over safety and LB. You can always find a servicable safety or ILB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665587 said:
Your logic is flawed. I use actual game film when I make comparisons to players.I don't use a website that tells me who I should think is better because their TWO spots ahead of them.

You=epic fail.

ah, a forum classic

I just was wondering if NFL scouts and teams pay for your evaluations and player comparisons?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665584 said:
When did that happen last year? I don't remember picking up another 2nd rounder.

Adoyel and Fasano was traded for a 2nd rounder and then we drafted Bennett...

You=epic fail.

Really game film? Where you get the game film on Louis Delmars from? I would love to hear this....also You posted a youtube video as to why you wouldn't mind us drafting Chung....knock it off man.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score

You=epic fail.

OH. So you watch game film.... and them form your OPINION. Not fact. OPINION, on who is going to become the better NFL safety.

So... how is it epic fail, when trying to PROJECT two players who are similarly ranked by many people?

You are right. There is an epic fail in this thread.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665632 said:

Really game film? Where you get the game film on Louis Delmars from? I would love to hear this....also You posted a youtube video as to why you wouldn't mind us drafting Chung....knock it off man.

Akin and Fasano were for a 4th rounder....fail

My brother-in law is a scout for the Stanford Cardinal and has access to all tapes of games. I've seen ALL of the games of Oregon and not quit impressed with Chung like some of you are. I don't know how to convert those tapes into a file to share so I'm contrained into sharing a youtube video. I didn't want to pull out the "game film" card, but it's hilarious when people bash players ie:Ron Brace,Delmas,Smith, when they havn't even seen them play!

Have you seen just one game with Delmas or Smith playing? Your content on bashing a player because a website said it? Make your own opinion. If you havn't seen a player actually play then you reserve no right to make an opinion about him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665709 said:
Akin and Fasano were for a 4th rounder....fail

My brother-in law is a scout for the Stanford Cardinal and has access to all tapes of games. I've seen ALL of the games of Oregon and not quit impressed with Chung like some of you are. I don't know how to convert those tapes into a file to share so I'm contrained into sharing a youtube video. I didn't want to pull out the "game film" card, but it's hilarious when people bash players ie:Ron Brace,Delmas,Smith, when they havn't even seen them play!

Have you seen just one game with Delmas or Smith playing? Your content on bashing a player because a website said it? Make your own opinion. If you havn't seen a player actually play then you reserve no right to make an opinion about him.

I've seen smith play and I've seen chung play I haven't seen Delmas play. What website is bashing these guys? I have yet to see one...I'm pretty sure this is my own opinion the fact that I don't view Smith as the holy grail like you do...but whatever.....

dmoore

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665632 said:

Okay, it's really starting to bother me now. It's D-E-L-M-A-S.

I've actually seen more of Delmas than I have of Chung, and I'll tell you right now he can play either safety spots and is a tremendous player. I went to WMU, saw a couple of his games live, and a handful on TV. Plus I lived 2 doors down from him for a year. He can play and is completely legit. I'd take him over Chung. Jenkins is probably the only guy at safety I'd take in front of him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2665610 said:
ah, a forum classic

I just was wondering if NFL scouts and teams pay for your evaluations and player comparisons?
even the guys who get paid to do it make mistakes all the time. Ryan Leaf, Bobby Carpenter

dmoore

Reaction score
Western's also played a couple of nationally televised games over the past couple years, so the film is out there. I wouldn't waste my time trying to find it. He's going to be gone before we pick.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665815 said:
I've seen smith play and I've seen chung play I haven't seen Delmas play. What website is bashing these guys? I have yet to see one...I'm pretty sure this is my own opinion the fact that I don't view Smith as the holy grail like you do...but whatever.....

You stated..Chung> Delmas and Smith and yet you havn't seen Delmas play therefore is unfair to make an opinion of him. You would be basing your opinion off what other people are writing about him correct? That's all that I'm simply saying. If you said Chung>Smith then I would respect that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665545 said:
but I guess i could live with us picking Chung..Delmas and Smith will be off the board early(Pat's 34 overall from Chiefs) and he's a prototypical SS, which is what we need. I've heard alot of people comparing him to Laron Landry..let's hope so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37qMvwSMwo

Chung works for me if we can get him.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dmoore;2665821 said:
Okay, it's really starting to bother me now. It's D-E-L-M-A-S.

I've actually seen more of Delmas than I have of Chung, and I'll tell you right now he can play either safety spots and is a tremendous player. I went to WMU, saw a couple of his games live, and a handful on TV. Plus I lived 2 doors down from him for a year. He can play and is completely legit. I'd take him over Chung. Jenkins is probably the only guy at safety I'd take in front of him.

Agreed. Delmas is my pet cat along with Smith. He hits as hard as Chung and is 2x better than him in coverage. It's all a moot point because he's getting swooped up either at 26 by the Pats or the 34th by the Pats.:(