I hate to admit it...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dmoore;2665821 said:
Okay, it's really starting to bother me now. It's D-E-L-M-A-S.

I've actually seen more of Delmas than I have of Chung, and I'll tell you right now he can play either safety spots and is a tremendous player. I went to WMU, saw a couple of his games live, and a handful on TV. Plus I lived 2 doors down from him for a year. He can play and is completely legit. I'd take him over Chung. Jenkins is probably the only guy at safety I'd take in front of him.

I'm not doubting the kid can play at all I thing he's good but I favor Chung and I also think Chung could play both safeties spots.

@slate you keep bringing up game film but claim you saw all of Chung what about Delmas?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2665970 said:
I'm not doubting the kid can play at all I thing he's good but I favor Chung and I also think Chung could play both safeties spots.

@slate you keep bringing up game film but claim you saw all of Chung what about Delmas?

I saw him play 2 games. His play recognition is far better than Chungs. Smart player.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've watched alot of games with these 3 and I'd rank them...

1. Louis Delmas
2. Sean Smith
3. Patrick Chung

I would be tempted to take Smith over Delmas. He is just scratching the surface. I've watched Chung get lost in coverage too many times. Having watched the Cowboys safeties do the exact same thing ever since D Woodson retired, I'm not sure I'm anxious to see Chung repeat the trend.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2666012 said:
I've watched alot of games with these 3 and I'd rank them...

1. Louis Delmas
2. Sean Smith
3. Patrick Chung

I would be tempted to take Smith over Delmas. He is just scratching the surface. I've watched Chung get lost in coverage too many times. Having watched the Cowboys safeties do the exact same thing ever since D Woodson retired, I'm not sure I'm anxious to see Chung repeat the trend.

I've actually been shying away from Smith because he's stated several times that he's better suited at corner in alot of interviews..

Finally some realistic views about Chung! You should know being a USC fan. I agree 100 percent about Chung being lost in coverage alot. I wish you guys should see Delmas play! He's such a baller.

RamziD

Reaction score
Going by the subjective rankings of a particular scouting site is not always the best way to make a projection. If someone is ranked 49, they can really end up going anywhere from about 15 picks before or after that. It's not an exact science. Besides, I don't see us trading up in a round to target one specific player at one specific position when there are 4 or 5 positions where we need to draft good players. That's too narrow a focus and it would be foolish to do that (thus, giving up more draft picks) unless our scouts really, really think said player would make a major impact. Chances of having that much confidence in a player who is a mid 2nd-round projection are not very high.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
One thing that worries me about Delmas is the way he tackles. He goes for the kill shot all the time, and always low.

He either makes the big pop, eats dirt, gets kneed in the face or bounces off.

There is no in between b/c he doesn't have great form when he tackles. Like his ballhawking skills and intensity though. And before you ask, I have only seen him on his youtube highlights.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RamziD;2666198 said:
Going by the subjective rankings of a particular scouting site is not always the best way to make a projection. If someone is ranked 49, they can really end up going anywhere from about 15 picks before or after that. It's not an exact science. Besides, I don't see us trading up in a round to target one specific player at one specific position when there are 4 or 5 positions where we need to draft good players. That's too narrow a focus and it would be foolish to do that (thus, giving up more draft picks) unless our scouts really, really think said player would make a major impact. Chances of having that much confidence in a player who is a mid 2nd-round projection are not very high.

that's true

but if you can't watch more than 2 games of every player, it's your best alternative

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
failure.jpg

SLATEmosphere;2665587 said:
You=epic fail.

fail.jpg

Vintage;2665663 said:
epic fail

You are right. There is an epic fail in this thread.

Shipment.jpeg

SLATEmosphere;2665709 said:
Akin and Fasano were for a 4th rounder....fail

epic_fail.jpg

Epic Fail would make a really cool s/n.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2666346 said:
that's true

but if you can't watch more than 2 games of every player, it's your best alternative

We all don't have someone at stanford that can get us all of OU game film......:rolleyes:

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2665587 said:
Your logic is flawed. I use actual game film when I make comparisons to players.I don't use a website that tells me who I should think is better because their TWO spots ahead of them.

You=epic fail.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

You use actual game film to evaluate DBs? You mean the "game film" presented on television that, on over 80% of plays, completely fails to give you an accurate picture of the relevant skill set for defensive backs because of the focus on the line of scrimmage? The game film that never gives you a sense of a DB's vision, backpedal, fluidity, range, instincts, quickness, etc?

The ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, things you will get on a DB from watching televised games are their VERY general level of proficiency, their hands and their tackling ability.

If you think you can differentiate between a Smith and a Chung and a Delmas so much that you would insult someone and insinuate that they're "losing their credibility" because of "game film" on CBS on Saturday, you've got to remember that you need to ration the crackrock during times of economic crisis. The price will only go up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2666520 said:

You use actual game film to evaluate DBs? You mean the "game film" presented on television that, on over 80% of plays, completely fails to give you an accurate picture of the relevant skill set for defensive backs because of the focus on the line of scrimmage? The game film that never gives you a sense of a DB's vision, backpedal, fluidity, range, instincts, quickness, etc?

The ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, things you will get on a DB from watching televised games are their VERY general level of proficiency, their hands and their tackling ability.

If you think you can differentiate between a Smith and a Chung and a Delmas so much that you would insult someone and insinuate that they're "losing their credibility" because of "game film" on CBS on Saturday, you've got to remember that you need to ration the crackrock during times of economic crisis. The price will only go up.

he's saying that he has the actual game footage that he can breakdown the player on film

but why should we take his opinion as fact, over say somebody's opinion who actual NFL scouts and teams pay for?

I could see if Slate worked for a team, or was some kind of scout, but he's just a regular guy offering his opinion

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

:lmao2: :lmao:

I almost started laughing in the middle of class.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Health600.jpg

Rack him!!!