I hate to qoute Madden...

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
But one of the reasons we lost, was just the same as when we played Washington.

"Why would you call a play that doesn't get your wide recievers past the first down marker on 4th down" I've heard Madden say it 1000 times.

You dont, remember almost the EXACT same scenario 4th and short, and Terry Glenn did an IN route on Wash that was short of the 1st that cost us big time.

Today, 4th and 4 on the 5. Terry runs MAYBE 3-4 yard out. What type of call is that? play-action-run-fade-slant-spread offense qb sneak. ANYTHING else would work for me. At least that way if we don't get it, we don't get it. But don't call a play that doesn't really put us in position anyways. He has his back to the goaline, with a DB right there, There's a good chance even if he caught it that wasn't enough yards.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Worst part was, they called a time-out and discussed it...and that was the play they came back with.

Pitiful.

Zman5

Reaction score
Why are the WRs doing this all of sudden this year? Actually even Witten is doing it. I don't recall us doing this last year.

We are running short routes every freaking game multiple times. We need to fix this quick.

btcutter

Reaction score
I think Bledsoe release the ball a sec before he wanted because our pathetic OL counldn't block anyone.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Worst part was, they called a time-out and discussed it...and that was the play they came back with.

Pitiful.
That is what I was screaming about. Told my buddies I was watching the game with the same thing before the play was ran. Afterwards I stood there with my hands in the air in total amazement. My buddies couldn't believe I was right and even more pissed at the call itself.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I mean, at least give yourself a chance. You need 4 yards, more so u need 5 yards to score. it's 4th down and we need a td, or AT LEAST the first..... We might as well have given Julius the ball right up the middle for a gain of 1 yard like we did 100000 times today. IS Julius slow all of the sudden? Can he not run outside?

Back to the point, that was a rediculously bad playcall. EVEN if Bledsoe held the ball a little longer, he STILL was a whole yard short of the first almost.