I have 4 words to say...

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Giants, Vikings, Seahawks & Buccaneers.....................

No one is talking ANYTHING about these guys. Only Dallas and Green Bay all year.

THIS game should serve warning and notice that ANY ONE of those four teams could come into Dallas (or Green Bay) and win. This Apple Cart of Dallas/Green Bay could be upended very easily, ala San Diego last year (one and done after 14-2).

Hopefully, this is the "ya' gotta lose eventually" game. In fact, Dallas hasn't had a "back to reality", "gut check" loss all year, because you can't count the Patriot game as THAT kind of loss. Every team needs a good spanking to get "re-grounded" and serious about every game again. Maybe this game will turn out to be perfect timing going into January.

I hope so. Because if not...............it only shows how vulnerable we are in several aspects. Because no one can convince me that Philly is THAT good. Dallas was THAT bad today.
OK. Everyone has an "off" day. I believe. Here's to 14-2 (c'mon, no one thought we'd go 14-2!!) and home field advantage. Anything less WOULD be a choke. It's Dallas' to lose at this point. I figured 12-4 or 13-3, so pick the three teams we lose to!! It's gotta' be someone! It just sucks that it was the Beagles, or any division rival.

No big deal. Carolina and Washington suck. This is perfect timing to ge "back to the drawing board" and get everyones attention. That's all this is..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
no doubt...I actually think everyone needs to quit qorrying about Green Bay, because efforts like the last two weeks wont get us a win to even make it to an NFC Championship

the Lions and Eagles are not good teams..whomeve we play in the 2nd rd is going to be better than them

David

Parche

Reaction score
lewpac;1838943 said:

No one is talking ANYTHING about these guys. Only Dallas and Green Bay all year.

THIS game should serve warning and notice that ANY ONE of those four teams could come into Dallas (or Green Bay) and win. This Apple Cart of Dallas/Green Bay could be upended very easily, ala San Diego last year (one and done after 14-2).

Hopefully, this is the "ya' gotta lose eventually" game. In fact, Dallas hasn't had a "back to reality", "gut check" loss all year, because you can't count the Patriot game as THAT kind of loss. Every team needs a good spanking to get "re-grounded" and serious about every game again. Maybe this game will turn out to be perfect timing going into January.

I hope so. Because if not...............it only shows how vulnerable we are in several aspects. Because no one can convince me that Philly is THAT good. Dallas was THAT bad today.
OK. Everyone has an "off" day. I believe. Here's to 14-2 (c'mon, no one thought we'd go 14-2!!) and home field advantage. Anything less WOULD be a choke. It's Dallas' to lose at this point. I figured 12-4 or 13-3, so pick the three teams we lose to!! It's gotta' be someone! It just sucks that it was the Beagles, or any division rival.

No big deal. Carolina and Washington suck. This is perfect timing to ge "back to the drawing board" and get everyones attention. That's all this is..

Those are the ones to watch IMHO

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I worry about us beating ourselves (like today) than any other team in the NFC beating us.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Giants are one and done, Minnesota won't beat Seattle.

Tampa Bay will be who comes to Dallas the second week of the playoffs.

Should Dallas advance I suspect Seattle will head to Texas Stadium.

My prognostications as of now.

Daudr

Reaction score
lewpac;1838943 said:

Division games always scare the piss out of me, becuase they are just so unpredictable. What's worse is that we still have another one left at Washington.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838954 said:
no doubt...I actually think everyone needs to quit qorrying about Green Bay, because efforts like the last two weeks wont get us a win to even make it to an NFC Championship

the Lions and Eagles are not good teams..whomeve we play in the 2nd rd is going to be better than them

David
Ultimately David, I want this team to just pound the Panthers in the ground. Possibly the Commanders too(contingent on Green Bay/Chicago game)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
um.... most teams would have THROTTLED US if they had 60 minutes with a team like we displayed today. thankfully mcnabbs "good game" is putrid too.

That said we have every reason to go to the superbowl... only fumbles/turnovers or jason can derail that with bone headed 80% passing call

it's just sad to see week 14 the coaching staff so clueless about obvious things, but that probably won't interfere with us being fed to the Pats for a snack.

lewpac;1838943 said:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;1839223 said:
um.... most teams would have THROTTLED US if they had 60 minutes with a team like we displayed today. thankfully mcnabbs "good game" is putrid too.

That said we have every reason to go to the superbowl... only fumbles/turnovers or jason can derail that with bone headed 80% passing call

it's just sad to see week 14 the coaching staff so clueless about obvious things, but that probably won't interfere with us being fed to the Pats for a snack.
It's nt as if The Patriots lit the world on fire today themselves.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Parche;1838973 said:
Those are the ones to watch IMHO

remind me why given they were beaten by the panthers today. Somehow we lose and we won't win a playoff game, they lose and they are dangerous?

BundyAl

Reaction score
This reminds me of the 1992 loss to the Rams.

Inexplicable, out of nowhere, flat performance.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
smarta5150;1839233 said:
But the weather... here come the excuses.
I swear that before the games today all the analysts weree saying inclement weather gave the offenses the advantage. Now it's a different story I bet. All the people who said the Pats were gonna put 50+ on the Jets forgot the Jetswere gona be fired up for this game as well.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1839236 said:
remind me why given they were beaten by the panthers today. Somehow we lose and we won't win a playoff game, they lose and they are dangerous?
You've obviously never heard of the beautiful idea known as the "double standard"

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
The problem is Romo seems to think he has ALREADY ARRIVED and has to realized he hasn't accomplished anything yet as a Starter.

He seems like he doesnt take the games seriously and that's not a good way to be in the playoffs. I just wish he stops playing football like he is in the PARK

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1839285 said:
The problem is Romo seems to think he has ALREADY ARRIVED and has to realized he hasn't accomplished anything yet as a Starter.

He seems like he doesnt take the games seriously and that's not a good way to be in the playoffs. I just wish he stops playing football like he is in the PARK
Nice that you know what goes on in Tony's head.

Then again, it's not as if we actually expect any insightful analysis from you.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
windward;1839286 said:
Nice that you know what goes on in Tony's head.

Then again, it's not as if we actually expect any insightful analysis from you.

Well how how would you explain it?

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
hey windward ive been meaning to ask you. Do the Marines still have the MCAS, at Kaneohe?