I have a bad feeling something fishy in K Davis shooting

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I'm sorry I feel this way, but some of the recent info released make me more worried that something is stinking to high heaven about the shooting. I wish it weren't true and was completely random and that everything works out well in the long run but....

For the first time we hear that the passenger that ended up driving the car is a female that remains unnamed. I wondered why they didn't say whether the person was male or female to begin with and released no name. If there isn't anything to hide most people would at least give their name wouldn't they. Just speculating on this part.

Now the detectives are saying there are no other witnesses, and that the female passenger might have some information, BUT she hasn't talked to the detectives and has CANCELLED several meetings with them. That smells FISHY. Sounds like someone trying to avoid discussing the matter.

The lady passenger is described as a "friend", not a relative, or wife/girlfriend. What if this is the person that was also a target or potentially involved with shooters somehow. If I was a detective that would be an angle I'd sure as heck check out.

The church story may or may not be true. I'm a Christian but I'm not naive enough to think that the pastor and or Davis would ***** this a little bit to save reputation and potentially a career in football. Negative and speculative and with no basis, I totally admit, but SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY in all of this.

Where did the line of questioning about being at an NFL player party come from. Seems interesting that should be asked no? Sounds like the vacationing with "friends and family" is being questioned by detectives or maybe just the media.

There are millions of incentives for players and "witnesses" to not be completely forthcoming in circumstances like this. People will try to protect reputations in a big way.

I wonder if Davis was more seriously wounded or god forbid even killed if there would be some harder digging going on.

Unfortunately, I am getting the impression there is more to this story than what has been said. The friend/witness not saying anything at all is disturbing. If this happened to my "friend" and I, I sure as heck would be co-operating as fully as possible.

FISHY STINK.

I'm curious how Parcells and Jones will deal with us. Don't be surprised if Davis gets the axe if more facts come out shining a black light on this. Parcells made an example of him before and would look like a hypocrite if the facts come out sour and Davis remains on the team.

Before anyone slags me, this is all speculation and response to articles I'm reading on web. I sure hope there's nothing more to story than what is claimed. Problem is, that somethings not adding up right, and the FISH stink is getting worse.

Larry

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I have said it before and I am saying it again, give davis his walking papers.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Its funny.

Because, like you, I have this sneaky, fishy feeling.........that no one here really knows the truth to the story.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Unless the lady friend turns out to be Al Capone's daughter, I think speculation to the contrary is premature. If you've lived in Northern Louisiana/East Texas, you know how religious people can be there. Driving 5 hours back home to go to church is nothing. The land is flat, the trees disappear as you drive west, it's an easy drive and one people often take on weekends.

My father (hardly religious) will get up at 2am to drive 12 hours to play on a new golf course. And if I get tired of Atlanta, I'll start driving almost any time of the weekend to get to Savannah for a day's respite.

David.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it wasn't a carjacking. I mean why would someone put bullet holes into a car they want to jack? lol. I think they were racing and/or Davis said something to these guys that shot at him earlier at the club or wherever he was.

As for the passenger, it wouldn't shock me if he/she knew who the shooters were.

Just my opinion after reading the stories on the net, who knows. I certainly hope Davis stays on the team and is telling the truth, but there are only a few people that know the real deal and he's one of them.

MossBurner

Reaction score
Wow, turning on one of your own before the facts come out! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were talking about Sean Taylor. :rolleyes:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Wow, turning on one of your own before the facts come out! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were talking about Sean Taylor. :rolleyes:

So I guess that rules out the homerism factor when they gave their opinions on Taylor, right?

Essentially, thats what you are admitting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah there is something fishy. Where was Lynn Scott when this took place?:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Oh brother, yet another way to bring up the persecution of Sean Taylor by Cowboys fans.

I need to invest in the District of Colombia's Kleenex market.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stealth said:
I have said it before and I am saying it again, give davis his walking papers.

Stealth, would you say this if this were say, Beriault? Get where I'm coming from? You seem to be looking for any excuse to dump the guy.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BUT she hasn't talked to the detectives and has CANCELLED several meetings with them. That smells FISHY. Sounds like someone trying to avoid discussing the matter.

Not fishy at all. She is negotiating with KD on how much his version of "the truth" is worth:)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LarryCanadian said:
I'm sorry I feel this way, but some of the recent info released make me more worried that something is stinking to high heaven about the shooting. I wish it weren't true and was completely random and that everything works out well in the long run but....
I agree, there is definitely more to the story though I'm not convinced it's as end-of-the-world as some suspect.

For the first time we hear that the passenger that ended up driving the car is a female that remains unnamed. I wondered why they didn't say whether the person was male or female to begin with and released no name. If there isn't anything to hide most people would at least give their name wouldn't they. Just speculating on this part.
Actually, this is quite common for potential witnesses in shootings. You don't give out the name of the witness out of fear they will be targeted or threatened.

Now the detectives are saying there are no other witnesses, and that the female passenger might have some information, BUT she hasn't talked to the detectives and has CANCELLED several meetings with them. That smells FISHY. Sounds like someone trying to avoid discussing the matter.
If it happened at 5:00am on a Sunday morning on the interstate, it's very possible that no one was around to see it and even if they were, they may not have realized what was happening.

As for the canceled meetings, I agree that in itself hints at deception by Davis as to the real facts behind the attack.

The lady passenger is described as a "friend", not a relative, or wife/girlfriend. What if this is the person that was also a target or potentially involved with shooters somehow. If I was a detective that would be an angle I'd sure as heck check out.
It is quite possible that the woman is afraid of coming forward out of fear for her life.

The church story may or may not be true. I'm a Christian but I'm not naive enough to think that the pastor and or Davis would ***** this a little bit to save reputation and potentially a career in football. Negative and speculative and with no basis, I totally admit, but SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY in all of this.
Pastors will always protect their congregation because they are like family and the more cynical aspect is that someone like Davis is probably a source of significant donations.

Where did the line of questioning about being at an NFL player party come from. Seems interesting that should be asked no? Sounds like the vacationing with "friends and family" is being questioned by detectives or maybe just the media.
I'm with Dale on this one .. if he was at the party, there is no way it would remain quiet. There would be too many non-Cowboys players from the party for it not to get out. So, at this point, I believe he was telling the truth in some degree. It's possible he came back from Louisianna as he said, but that it happened earlier and something else happened in the time between arriving back in Dallas and the time the shooting took place.

There are millions of incentives for players and "witnesses" to not be completely forthcoming in circumstances like this. People will try to protect reputations in a big way.
Absolutely.

I wonder if Davis was more seriously wounded or god forbid even killed if there would be some harder digging going on.
Of course, because there would be less personal attacks on Davis since he would be dead.

Unfortunately, I am getting the impression there is more to this story than what has been said.
Of course there is and we may never know the complete truth.

I'm curious how Parcells and Jones will deal with us. Don't be surprised if Davis gets the axe if more facts come out shining a black light on this. Parcells made an example of him before and would look like a hypocrite if the facts come out sour and Davis remains on the team.
They won't release him now unless some hard evidence comes out that he was violating team rules and even then, it would have to be a serious violation. The main reason is that like or hate the situation, the Cowboys still need Davis right now. They may be hoping and praying they don't by the time training camp ends since another player may step up but until then, they can't afford to jump to conclusions before the facts come out.

Before anyone slags me, this is all speculation and response to articles I'm reading on web. I sure hope there's nothing more to story than what is claimed. Problem is, that somethings not adding up right, and the FISH stink is getting worse.
That's all it is with anyone including the sports reporters and writers.

-Reality

sacase

Reaction score
I mean what is really going on here. Its almost like you want KD to be a thug and fail. Are you so miserable with your own lives that you have to wish ill on others. Frankly, his story is very easy to cooberate. If he was at a party it would have came out by now. So, if he pissed someone off it was probally before he went to LA, and they so happened to see him on the highway and shot at him.

However, I think it is the same jealousy that is being shown here that is what got him shot. People seem to want to bring others down, and what has been going on in these forums the past couple days is prime example.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Stealth, would you say this if this were say, Beriault? Get where I'm coming from? You seem to be looking for any excuse to dump the guy.

what excuse?
he is a professional athlete that makes millions to play a game I love.
he has not once but twice put him self in a position to get shot.

he is not doing something right and quite frankly I don't want him on the team just because now he has proven he is clueless how to handle himself like a grown up contributing member of society.

if he worked at walmart then ya he could keep his job, but he is playing for the dallas cowboys and this is how he treats it?

I would kick him on the way out too.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
That the friend was female and un-named doesn't concern me at all. As long as Davis isn't married, who cares and why does it matter? The fact that she's been avoiding the police is somewhat concerning. Hopefully we're all just being a bunch of worry warts..

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
stealth said:
what excuse?
he is a professional athlete that makes millions to play a game I love.
he has not once but twice put him self in a position to get shot.

he is not doing something right and quite frankly I don't want him on the team just because now he has proven he is clueless how to handle himself like a grown up contributing member of society.

if he worked at walmart then ya he could keep his job, but he is playing for the dallas cowboys and this is how he treats it?

I would kick him on the way out too.

I guess if you're driving on a major highway at 5:00 AM, you're putting yourself at risk to be shot. :rolleyes:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Colo said:
I guess if you're driving on a major highway at 5:00 AM, you're putting yourself at risk to be shot. :rolleyes:

no you aren't
but somehow he did it
and its the 2nd time he's been shot

he is doing somethign wrong and probably something stupid