I have a bad feeling something fishy in K Davis shooting

fortdick

Reaction score
While playing winter ball in Mexico back in 1976, I roomed with a guy that was a great young ball player ( I don't want to give his name, but anyone following baseball during the 70's will know who I am talking about). The following year, he signed the largest Major League contract at the time, but shortly after was shot dead in Detroit. We all thought him a victim of random violence until we heard he was shot by the husband of the woman he was with.

It could be something that simple.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
fortdick said:
While playing winter ball in Mexico back in 1976, I roomed with a guy that was a great young ball player ( I don't want to give his name, but anyone following baseball during the 70's will know who I am talking about). The following year, he signed the largest Major League contract at the time, but shortly after was shot dead in Detroit. We all thought him a victim of random violence until we heard he was shot by the husband of the woman he was with.

Wow, I mean really theres crazy people out there. They wont think 2wice to shoot sumone. gotta watch wut u do, and who u mess with. btw, just tragic story.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
fortdick said:

Wouldn't surprise me if something like that turned out to be the case. The girl doesn't want to talk. The police say the shooter was shooting at the back door and not really trying to kill them. It's a better guess than most I've heard.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Reality said:
I agree, there is definitely more to the story though I'm not convinced it's as end-of-the-world as some suspect.

Actually, this is quite common for potential witnesses in shootings. You don't give out the name of the witness out of fear they will be targeted or threatened.

If it happened at 5:00am on a Sunday morning on the interstate, it's very possible that no one was around to see it and even if they were, they may not have realized what was happening.

As for the canceled meetings, I agree that in itself hints at deception by Davis as to the real facts behind the attack.

It is quite possible that the woman is afraid of coming forward out of fear for her life.

Pastors will always protect their congregation because they are like family and the more cynical aspect is that someone like Davis is probably a source of significant donations.

I'm with Dale on this one .. if he was at the party, there is no way it would remain quiet. There would be too many non-Cowboys players from the party for it not to get out. So, at this point, I believe he was telling the truth in some degree. It's possible he came back from Louisianna as he said, but that it happened earlier and something else happened in the time between arriving back in Dallas and the time the shooting took place.

Absolutely.

Of course, because there would be less personal attacks on Davis since he would be dead.

Of course there is and we may never know the complete truth.

They won't release him now unless some hard evidence comes out that he was violating team rules and even then, it would have to be a serious violation. The main reason is that like or hate the situation, the Cowboys still need Davis right now. They may be hoping and praying they don't by the time training camp ends since another player may step up but until then, they can't afford to jump to conclusions before the facts come out.

That's all it is with anyone including the sports reporters and writers.

-Reality

The closes thing to common sense I have read in all the comments about this case combined. The truth is there is always more known then the public knows
Not all of the evidence is processed and analized in a hour like csi. All the bad feelings and cut Davis now comments are dumb. This is very likey a case that will never be cleared--Unless someone starts bragging about. Car jackers will
shoot up ,run over or use what force they can to get a piece off a car.Don't
make a big deal out of something(like the witness deal) until it is proven. Then
hang the guy or br thank-ful he is alive. what would the story be if you whereshot at???:bang2:
Most witness would rather do any thing then get involved

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stealth said:
what excuse?
he is a professional athlete that makes millions to play a game I love.
he has not once but twice put him self in a position to get shot.

he is not doing something right and quite frankly I don't want him on the team just because now he has proven he is clueless how to handle himself like a grown up contributing member of society.

if he worked at walmart then ya he could keep his job, but he is playing for the dallas cowboys and this is how he treats it?

I would kick him on the way out too.

Again Stealth -- you need to let this play out. Is it unlikely that someone is shot randomly and without cause? Yes. Is it impossible? Not at all.

He was shot once in a situation where he was at least partly to blame (his girlfriend got into an altercation when he went to pick his friend up at the strip club). Does that mean that this one is his fault too? Maybe, maybe not.

You seem far too eager to lack on to any negative part of the story -- while ignoring other stories like the one that suggested that his church story was plausible.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Again Stealth -- you need to let this play out. Is it unlikely that someone is shot randomly and without cause? Yes. Is it impossible? Not at all.

He was shot once in a situation where he was at least partly to blame (his girlfriend got into an altercation when he went to pick his friend up at the strip club). Does that mean that this one is his fault too? Maybe, maybe not.

You seem far too eager to lack on to any negative part of the story -- while ignoring other stories like the one that suggested that his church story was plausible.

no i hope he was going to church that doesnt matter to me at all

the guy has gotten shot twice

two seperate occasions he has been shot.

he is doing something wrong.

and I don't want him on the team anymore.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stealth said:
no i hope he was going to church that doesnt matter to me at all

the guy has gotten shot twice

two seperate occasions he has been shot.

he is doing something wrong.

and I don't want him on the team anymore.

so if this is a random act of violence, then KD is doing something wrong?

sacase

Reaction score
abersonc said:

No he is just trying to call him a thug with money.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:

not really, he shoulda been cut when he got shot the first time, he got shot again that tells me so much more.

there is no such thing as a random act of violence when it happened to a guy the 2nd time in 5 years.

thats not random thats called a pattern

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stealth said:
lol no they aren't they are victims of random acts of violence

a random act of violence, by definition, would be no more likely to target a thug vs. a non-thug.

that's what RANDOM means.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not for any rush to judgement. Let the facts come out before making any decisions. And I'm sure that's what the organization is doing.

If he's a victim, be thankful that he was OK.

If he's not, give him the boot.

But certain circumstances can invite speculation and opinion as well. And that's all they are.

We'll all have to see how everything turns out either way.

sacase

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Hmm. Had KD ever been arrested? Thugs usually are.

I am not saying I think that, because I don't. I am saying that is what stealth is trying to imply. He thinks KD likes to be around trouble.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
a random act of violence, by definition, would be no more likely to target a thug vs. a non-thug.

that's what RANDOM means.

you completely missed my point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sacase said:
I am not saying I think that, because I don't. I am saying that is what stealth is trying to imply. He thinks KD likes to be around trouble.

and I'm implying that Stealth is motivated by more than hatred for troublemakers.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He should consider a career in the Secret Service after football. The man can take a bullet.

sacase

Reaction score
abersonc said:
and I'm implying that Stealth is motivated by more than hatred for troublemakers.

I think you are right, its a hatred for something else.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:

and that is where you are wrong.
I hate trouble makers and the kind of trouble that gets you shot twice is the worse kinda trouble to me.

he is the best option at free safety for us right now, he is a good back up for roy if he got injured there are a ton of reasons I wish he wasn't trouble.