I have a great love for very old cars

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Why doesn't any manufacturer try to bring back some of those designs?
Like those body styles from the 20's and 30's?

Seems like they could sell to me...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh Man! I'd love to see the "34" Ford coupe brought back,,, I had a Brother in law who had a "33" Plymouth Redneck Coupe make the cover of Hot Rod magazine once.

* yes, they actually marketed a vehicle labeled the Redneck back then

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Really old like:
  • 1973 Corvette (only Corvette that strikes me at all, all others suck!)
  • 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
  • 1987 Buick Grand National
  • 1987 Monte Carlo SS

Melonfeud

Reaction score
They aren't very aerodynamic and hipsters would hate them.
I'd tend to think ,just from a frontal view ,with it's stepped down contoured fenders& narrowed engine cowling setting up higher lends itself to natural aerodynamics, far superior to any blue million plus + pickup trucks out on the road,,,and,,,what the hell are hipsters? Are they the offsprings of yuppies? Whom by the way, are the single spoiled child product of aspiring dinkso_O

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'd tend to think ,just from a frontal view ,with it's stepped down contoured fenders& narrowed engine cowling setting up higher lends itself to natural aerodynamics, far superior to any blue million plus + pickup trucks out on the road,,,and,,,what the hell are hipsters? Are they the offsprings of yuppies? Whom by the way, are the single spoiled child product of aspiring dinkso_O
Hot damn right! Get this man a Golden Draak!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I would buy a new Ford Model T with the front engine crank handle in the front.
Ha! My Mod A has provisions to crank start it & at first I thought that would be pretty cool,,,,till I'd tried it,,,,SHEESE! no way,you'll crank yerself to the point of looking foreward to walking to yer destination:lmao: man, you gotta have the air/ fuel mixture primed right in it's single barrel updraft carburetor, yer' spark advance adjusted just right,,,and,,, be holding yer' tounge just right to get it started under 6 volt starter power,,,:lmao2:

( man,I'd cut my "teeth" on those old one lungers with the counter balance rotating outside wheels that powered the pumpjack on oil wells& you could reach back, push in the exhaust valve on the head (bypass compression) to get it spinning up to speed,,,AIN'T NO SUCH THING ON A FORD:lmao:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
There are some retro styles that have tried and failed in sales or their versions never made it off the concept floor.

Heck, at this point you might want to start saying your goodbyes to the gas engine. Their days are about to get numbered. I think the shift to electric is starting to get into gear.

jsb357

Reaction score
when i was a kid you would see the TR6's all the time.

cool looking small car.

although I like this one better.