FEATURED I have sad news to report about trickblue, a long time member and former staff member

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
An original member of CowboysZone and former staff member, trickblue, has passed away.

As some of you may remember, I featured @trickblue in the first Member Appreciation thread back in late 2021, thanking him for everything he has done for the site as an original member as well as a long time staff member.

For those who did not see that thread, he did several things for CowboysZone in the past, but the one that still makes a huge impact here every single day is the Cowboys star-based emojis (emoticons) that you see people posting every day.

Trickblue was a really good guy and a great member here for over 20 years.

He will be missed.
I am very glad that you posted the appreciation thread while he was still with us, and we had the opportunity to express our thanks for his contributions.
So often in life, we never tell folks how much they mean to us until it's too late.

Carson

Reaction score
RIP my friend. May god be there to help your family through this tough time

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My mind is quirky. No surprise there. One of first things I enjoyed about CowboysZone early on were trickblue's emoticons, so much so that they inspired me to make animated gifs to post here.

I still remember the time TB told me he liked a few of my gifs. That meant a lot to me coming from him. Still does.

Rest in peace my friend.

j6x6BNx.gif

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Sincere condolences to his entire family..I got to know Trick back in 2005 when I first joined.Sad news indeed.

JBond

Reaction score
Having been around a moment or two with many of you, that news sucks. He was one of the good ones.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This one actually hurts. Not a lot of people will make an impact on our lives and some come out of no where. Trick was a person that would come out of no where or you would feel his presence even through a message board and you would say wow, that person is something different. Thats what TB was, something different and something you dont see much in the world now a days. He was the embodiment of class to many of us and held to his beliefs. A non wavering force that many people saw and understood. Even to those of us who dont post much anymore, TB was someone you would remember and say "whats going on with that guy"?

He will be greatly missed.