I honestly don't get the Zeke and Amari hate

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke has fumbled 6 times this season across 4 different games. Murray had 6 fumbles in 2014, and Murray did that over 390 carries vs. Zeke's 210 this year. Pollard has fumbled once in his career.

And the idea that the cap doesn't matter is simply wrong. Yes, contracts can be manipulated and money created, but this only goes so far, and you end up having to keep players on the roster long past their usefulness because you can't afford to cut them.
please stop being troll not coming to your side 5 lost are all that count..so dont even tryo_O:rolleyes:

the hate troll crowd can move on..we also have eyes with the added common sense to see reasons for the bad year..:popcorn:

jsb357

Reaction score
not hate

cost vs performance ratio

64 yards per game?

cooper has had a better year so I'll let him slide

this time.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
please stop being troll not coming to your side 5 lost are all that count..so dont even tryo_O:rolleyes:
Sorry, I have no idea what you're saying here.
the hate troll crowd can move on..we also have eyes with the added common sense to see reasons for the bad year..:popcorn:
So you think, using your eyes, that Zeke is the same guy he was in 2016? Really? Okay.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly don't get the Zeke love. I guess it's possible when you don't pay his salary. Disregarding that, yeah he's not a bad guy. But how do you just ignore his price tag? He's not earning his keep.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of the Amari criticism isn't directed at Amari but more at the team for 1) trading valuable draft picks to get him and 2) paying a WR on a bad team that kind of money. We needed to use that money for defense and depth.

Zeke is a different story. He had a great rookie year and looks to have peaked then..... he's visibly slower and he has poor work habits. But again, he should be on a rookie deal and turned a lot of fans against him with his holdout.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry, I have no idea what you're saying here.So you think, using your eyes, that Zeke is the same guy he was in 2016? Really? Okay.
the team is not thats for sure the Ol is NOT thats for sure..nothings the same..

13-3(zeke won rushing crown) went to

9-7(zeke suspended unfairly but still led in YPG AV), 10-6(after a 3-5 start and zeke wins rushing crown) 8-8, 4-9 so what our record since 2016? 31-30 right only zeke has declined...smfh this is a team issue..

yup teams been on an upward trajectory, NOT!!!

so Zekes expecting to shine when the team around him falls apart??

odd Titans weren't good at all Henrys a jag his first 3 seasons, they make cages a lot emulating 2016-2018 Dallas Cowboys plan, Run win TOP , play solid defense amnd limit mistakes Now Henry looks like HOF his first 3 season he was hardly used and zeke still has over 300 more carries over the same period..Its no coincidence look at also CLE and Balt using the run game and defense while we go 2019-2020 with an OC who decided daks Aaron Rogers(not even close) and has not yet shown he can call a balanced game let alone have the fortitude to stick and game plan the run. Zeke being used like FB with the majority fo the calls are runs up into the oline , which BTW is nowhere close to the 2016-2018 OL while Henrys Line is opening full Lanes 10yards down the field..he would not have success this year on our team and im betting Zeke does very well on those teams..our D sux has us behind many games so abandon the run, etc etc Last season he was also leading the league in first half production yet even in close game Boise state bomber abandons the run..yet he still gets 4th in the league 30 yard short of third..

signs are all over the place that its far more then EE decline because there true reasons hes struggling especially this year but last year he led the league..so zekes may never be 2016 zeke he still a very good back and can be close to élite should the rest of the issues i listed, all valid, be fixed. he far down the list as reason for lack of an explosive run game..

Sydla

Reaction score
the team is not thats for sure the Ol is NOT thats for sure..nothings the same..

13-3(zeke won rushing crown) went to

9-7(zeke suspended unfairly but still led in YPG AV), 10-6(after a 3-5 start and zeke wins rushing crown) 8-8, 4-9 so what our record since 2016? 31-30 right only zeke has declined...smfh this is a team issue..

yup teams been on an upward trajectory, NOT!!!

so Zekes expecting to shine when the team around him falls apart??

odd Titans weren't good at all Henrys a jag his first 3 seasons, they make cages a lot emulating 2016-2018 Dallas Cowboys plan, Run win TOP , play solid defense amnd limit mistakes Now Henry looks like HOF his first 3 season he was hardly used and zeke still has over 300 more carries over the same period..Its no coincidence look at also CLE and Balt using the run game and defense while we go 2019-2020 with an OC who decided daks Aaron Rogers(not even close) and has not yet shown he can call a balanced game let alone have the fortitude to stick and game plan the run. Zeke being used like FB with the majority fo the calls are runs up into the oline , which BTW is nowhere close to the 2016-2018 OL while Henrys Line is opening full Lanes 10yards down the field..he would not have success this year on our team and im betting Zeke does very well on those teams..our D sux has us behind many games so abandon the run, etc etc Last season he was also leading the league in first half production yet even in close game Boise state bomber abandons the run..yet he still gets 4th in the league 30 yard short of third..

signs are all over the place that its far more then EE decline because there true reasons hes struggling especially this year but last year he led the league..so zekes may never be 2016 zeke he still a very good back and can be close to élite should the rest of the issues i listed, all valid, be fixed. he far down the list as reason for lack of an explosive run game..

No offense, but if you watch Elliott now and think he's the same guy as 2016, just being let down by a bad OL or QB, then you are not really paying attention. That doesn't mean Elliott stinks. He's still a good TB but there is no question he lacks the explosiveness he had as a rookie.

aria

Reaction score
I already know @aria is a clown and feeds off attention. I'm giving him what he wants but soon its gonna come to an end and he only gonna have Ronnie to talk to.
I feed off so much attention that I almost exclusively talk about the most over rated, most over paid player not only on the Cowboys but in the league. I even go to such great lengths to post stats that will get me more attention.

Next thing you know I’ll do something as stupid as getting a tattoo of myself with a crown on my head or come up with some dumb celebration every time I get a “like”.

Please put me on ignore, as much as I appreciate you stalking me you’re really not my type and your posts only make me feel that much more stupid after reading them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feed off so much attention that I almost exclusively talk about the most over rated, most over paid player not only on the Cowboys but in the league. I even go to such great lengths to post stats that will get me more attention.

Next thing you know I’ll do something as stupid as getting a tattoo of myself with a crown on my head or come up with some dumb celebration every time I get a “like”.

Please put me on ignore, as much as I appreciate you stalking me you’re really not my type and your posts only make me feel that much more stupid after reading them.

The genius of this post is you claim I'm making you "much more stupid" as if you know you're stupid. If you're stupid then I'm not to blame for it that's your own doing and DISD.

You have this odd fascination with me.

Why? I don't know. I advise you to let it go because its not a good look.

aria

Reaction score
The genius of this post is you claim I'm making you "much more stupid" as if you know you're stupid. If you're stupid then I'm not to blame for it that's your own doing and DISD.

You have this odd fascination with me.

Why? I don't know. I advise you to let it go because its not a good look.
I’m not arrogant enough to say I’m smart. I’m not a MENSA, are you? Look it up, I’m sure you have no idea what I’m talking about because they didn’t cover cover that before you dropped out of school in the 4th grade.

Lol, nice way to turn the tables, so now I have a fascination with you? This is awesome, I’m obsessed with zeke and fascinated with you yet you’re the one who feels obligated to quote me any time I hurt your feelings by saying something negative about your man crush, zeke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not arrogant enough to say I’m smart. I’m not a MENSA, are you? Look it up, I’m sure you have no idea what I’m talking about because they didn’t cover cover that before you dropped out of school in the 4th grade.

Lol, nice way to turn the tables, so now I have a fascination with you? This is awesome, I’m obsessed with zeke and fascinated with you yet you’re the one who feels obligated to quote me any time I hurt your feelings by saying something negative about your man crush, zeke.
Quincyfan says negative things about Zeke as well. Yet, we don’t have the same encounters...I wonder why lol?

Even if I did dropout in 4th grade I’d still be smarter than the DISD graduate you are lol.

aria

Reaction score
Quincyfan says negative things about Zeke as well. Yet, we don’t have the same encounters...I wonder why lol?

Even if I did dropout in 4th grade I’d still be smarter than the DISD graduate you are lol.
Yeah, because you don’t stalk Quincy like you do me. It’s cool man, I’m kind of honored, I don’t mind the fandom but when it’s coming from you it’s well...embarrassing. You’re like the one and only guy standing in line for an autograph from a nobody which is me. I don’t understand your obsession with me but I’m alright with it I guess.

You do remember you started tagging who in our little relationship, don’t you? For some odd reason, you felt the need to mention me any time I said something negative about zeke. Did I hurt your feelings by being realistic about your hero? Are you related to him? Did you dell him one of his purses? Come out with it already, what’s your connection?

Never went to DISD but I’ve heard wonderful things!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, because you don’t stalk Quincy like you do me. It’s cool man, I’m kind of honored, I don’t mind the fandom but when it’s coming from you it’s well...embarrassing. You’re like the one and only guy standing in line for an autograph from a nobody which is me. I don’t understand your obsession with me but I’m alright with it I guess.

You do remember you started tagging who in our little relationship, don’t you? For some odd reason, you felt the need to mention me any time I said something negative about zeke. Did I hurt your feelings by being realistic about your hero? Are you related to him? Did you dell him one of his purses? Come out with it already, what’s your connection?

Never went to DISD but I’ve heard wonderful things!
:laugh: Have a nice day lol.

Cmac

Reaction score
The problem is early in the game he's getting 2-3 yards at most. That is not sustainable. We were unstoppable even though they knew we were running on 1st down. We can no longer afford to let zeke take us 3 and out all game just to get to the 4th quarter when their defense is tired. It would be dumb not to use a strength of our offense with these wr's, we need the 1st downs too bad to run zeke for 2-3 yards a clip constantly. We are more effective passing the ball early than running and 1st downs wear out a defense more than any RB. But like i said earlier, if Zeke would stop running into DT's and look for space then we would be much more effective running early in the game which gives us 1st downs, TOP, keeps this lousy defense off the field etc.
It would certainly help with some decent blocking.....our line is trying, but they have been embarrassing, to say the least.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Your making up scenarios to backup your thoughts, bravo. I get it, I loved 2016, 2017, 2018 when we were a really good running team it helps so much more than passing. But that is not who this team is anymore, this team has to pass more to be efficient. I haven't looked at the data so I wasn't referring not to run on 1st downs just we sometimes run too much when it is not working. The last few years we don't start moving the ball and scoring untill we open up the pass a little bit more, hence the slow starts.

Here is Zekes runs in order: Zeke 2, 2, 5, 3 -Pollard came in and got -1, 5yards, 0 on his 1st 3 carries, Zeke 5 yards, 1 yard end of the 1st half. You can't tell me running like this is sustainable and will help us win games vs good teams. We played the lowly bengals and it wasn't for 3 fumble recoveries giving us short fields we might have scored less than 20 points against them. But to my point Moore had to call pass plays to move the ball, not cause we were behind but because our poor running demanded it.

You're outlining it as though you have to do one or the other. The best offenses can do both pretty well. I have said many times you don't have to be running for 10 ypc in order for it to be effective. You can't honestly think that we can just line up in 5 wide and let Andy Dalton sling it 50 times and that's a formula for a win? Behind this line? Good luck with that. Even if you're only getting 3 yards a pop that's just enough to keep the defense from pinning its ears back and breaking your QB in half. I don't know how it can be explained any more succinctly than that.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're outlining it as though you have to do one or the other. The best offenses can do both pretty well. I have said many times you don't have to be running for 10 ypc in order for it to be effective. You can't honestly think that we can just line up in 5 wide and let Andy Dalton sling it 50 times and that's a formula for a win? Behind this line? Good luck with that. Even if you're only getting 3 yards a pop that's just enough to keep the defense from pinning its ears back and breaking your QB in half. I don't know how it can be explained any more succinctly than that.
We can't line up w/ Dak and fling it 50 times/game and expect to win. Just a terrible philosophy.

I'd guess you're speaking to a youngster, prolly a FF player.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We can't line up w/ Dak and fling it 50 times/game and expect to win. Just a terrible philosophy.

I'd guess you're speaking to a youngster, prolly a FF player.

Yeah FF players don't bother to notice that in the past three seasons the top 10 rushing teams have made the playoffs 26 of a possible 30 times. Almost 90%.. Meanwhile the top passing teams are MISSING the playoffs at about 70% clip. As I look at 2020 the top 10 rushing teams are

Titans - division leader
Ravens - in the playoff hunt
Cards - currently #7 in the AFC
Pats - in the hunt but fading
Vikings - in the hunt
Browns - currently the 5th seed in the AFC
Saints - division leader
Rams - division leader
Eagles -
Packers - currently the #1 seed in the NFC

So basically of the top 10 the only one not in the playoff hunt is the Eagles.. and we all know thanks to the putrid division they actually are, but I refuse to acknowledge it. 4 division leaders and 5 in the running for the playoffs.

Now the leading passing teams.

Chiefs - #1 seed in the AFC
Packers - #1 seed in the NFC
Bills - #4 seed in the AFC
Chargers- uh no.
Texans - See the Chargers
Falcons - LOL!
Seahawks - #5 seed
Colts - division leader
Cowboys - Really?
Lions - not even..

So the best passing teams have 5 teams in the playoffs and 5 not even in the conversation. My conclusion from this is .. run the damn ball.. even if you're really good at passing .. you still need to be able to run it .. The Chiefs have the best QB in the league but still manage to at least be middle of the pack (#17) running it.. They also average 4.5 ypc so they are effective at it when they do run it. Again it's not about how MUCH you run it.. it's about how effective you are at it when you do.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would certainly help with some decent blocking.....our line is trying, but they have been embarrassing, to say the least.

That's funny you mention blocking. While we aren't top 10 as a whole Mr badass, Martin, McGovern have all graded top 10 in run blocking. Why is is we need all pro's at every offensive position while other teams skill positions make their guys look so much better with less? Shouldn't have to have an all pro at every OL spot to succeed.