I honestly think we're going to have the most explosive offense in the East

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
Staying healthy always helps. But I was wondering, has TO ever played in a non West Coast offense system? Whats harder, learning a WCO offense or adapting to a new type from a WCO?

His job is still to run his routes and catch the ball. The routes don't change that much from system to system, just how frequently certain ones are used.

TO = Good no matter where he plays.

I still can't believe I'm going to have to root for this guy next year.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
IAlso in terms of the running game if you compare Kevan Barlow before and after T.O. You're also getting two completely different backs. he went from 5.1 yards per carry to 3.4 and 3.3 in the two years without t.o. respectively. Although I bet that also has a lot to do with the fact that san fransisco is simply deplted in terms of offensive talent. I remember when we wanted him for a 2nd round draft pick though.

And despite the poor offensive run blocking, julius jones still didn't have a horrible year. Nearly averaged 4.0 yards a carry. I really hope that Rivera is healthier this year and plays to expectations. It should be easier for him with the slack going towards Fabini more. I still think we need to bring in Jerald Sowell, and I'm still hoping we bring Keyshawn back, despite any turmoil that could cause.

Barlow's decline had more to do with Garrison Hearst departure from the Niners. The Garrison Hearst/ Barlow situation is very comparable to the Emmitt and T Ham situation. T-Ham was averaging about 5 yards a carry as Emmitts backup but when he was a full time starter he was avg 3.4 yards a carry

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Yea like Bledsoe4MVP said this offense could be a top offense in the NFL!

QB: Bledsoe - A gunslinger, he can bomb the ball downfield all day to TG in 1 on coverage. we all know that Witten is 1 of his favorite targets. basically he throws a good pass all over the field from. downside is he is about as hard to tackle as a Bag of sand. we need a veteran backup Brooks, Volek, whoever doesnt play baseball or golf.

O-Line - 2 off-season acquisitions are amazing because they are versatile players who will most likely start and definately provide depth all over a weak O-line from last year. this new corpse of 7-8 guys (healthy adams) is on another level than what we had last year, and this is what will give us 15 more passes instead of sacks, and +15 passes makes 1 happy TO!

FB - Lousaka Polite - IMO he was pretty good last year, solid, no injuries and seemed to be progressing really well. maybe add some depth at this position though, eh not a big concern . . .

HB - Jones hopefully with the upgraded line will return to how he looked at the end of his rookie year. on the other hand we got MBIII backing him up, he progressed well last year and stepped up for the 4 games jones missed and then some. Tyson Tompson adds even more depth and is a track star in pads.

WR - TO - nuff said, TG great 1 on 1 and great deep threat and is going to have that all day with TO on the field. Crayton is emerging, like they say "recievers are always best in their 3rd year." Yes he had his ankle injury, but come on now he was back on the field within 3 weeks of a HIGH ankle sprain, thats pretty impressive to be back taht quick.

TE - Witten - we all know what he can do. and addition of a 26 year old Dan Campbell is nice, so we are all set here.

Bledsoe throwing to - TO, TG, Crayton, Witten. with an upgraded o-line and 2 good backs to support this cast of recievers.
blitzing will be hard with TG lined up opposite of TO, leaving either of them in single coverage is already bad enough - imagine both of em . . .

this is a mean offense with a lot of potential and now some depth at O-LINE!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
No doubt', we are the better team right now in the NFC-EAST. all the rest are just right behind us. we really got an advantage with T.O. I hope everything goes ok , and everyone stays healthy.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Nice posts by Brewskie and Dale, dont have much to add.

You can hate TO (im reserving judgement, funny how things change when someone dons your colors), but his ON FIELD talent is undeniable.

Allen and Rivera are both aging, but I have faith that Rivera will be the player we envisioned when we handed him that big bonus last year. If Allen stays, I do like the prosepect of having a young backup (Kosier) who can play either guard spot, and even tackle in a pinch, to keep the line firing on all cylinders if someone goes down.

Adams return is going to help immensely, the break down of Bledsoe with him at the helm was really good. Though some of those teams werent particularly good against the pass, putting up those kind of QB ratings is good no matter what.

Bottom Line: TO makes this offense explosive. No matter what we try and tell ourselves, we didn't have that type of presence for a while now. The Defense is up and coming (they could be dominant next year), and now the offense looks like it could match.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
As stated before in this thread, TO has never played with such a talented group around him. My question is, does this make him better or angry? I am reserving judgement on this signing of TO, but we have to consider, not only is one of the premiere wr in the league, he has an ego to match. Will he be willing to be a decoy so Glenn can bust one over the top? Will He appreciate the presence of a Crayton? My concern is, with TO always talking, Drew will always look at him first,, regardless of what his progression is supposed to be. No doubt on paper we are much improved. We will see how it translate to on the field.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
First off let me say that I love the optimism that most are expressing...

but I have a hard time keeping that kool-aid down...

the things that worry me are...

the lack of a short passing game...I think because of who we have at QB...most teams will play a deep zone...and blitz LB's...I didn't like the way Bledsoe handled the blitz last year or any year of his career for that matter... Can anyone picture Bledsoe throwing to Owens on a quick anything (out/slant...) nope me either... which still result in 7 right at the LOS..which is still probably one more than they can block...it also means probably not much of a running lane for the backs...

Another thing that worries me is can JuJo stay health? also the age at WR is a bit worrisome....

I can see the "O" being a top 10 the first 6 or 7 games but I think it will trail off as the season progresses and by Christmas we will all be asking Santa for some O...

but I have been wrong before...

You Kool-aid drinkers...drink on...it is always nice to hear something positive about the boys...even if it is kool-aid induced:D

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
I think if we look at the numbers, we see a good idea of how improved we're going to be. Not really just about T.O. rather our offensive improvement.

First I like to take a look at Donavan McNabb (pre-T.O.)

The year before he had a 79.6 quarterback rating, 16 tds, and 11 interceptions.

With T.O. he had 31 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions, with a QB rating of 104.7 Nearly 20 points higher than his career high.

And though it isn't as good a comparison, if you look at Jeff Garcia's numbers, his qb rating was always higher than an 80 after his rookie year with T.O. And really continued to shoot down when he went to Cleveland going mid 70s.

Drew Bledsoe put together an 83.7 qb rating season, despite the depleted oline for more than half the season... I honestly can't imagine him not having a 100+ qb rating season with T.O. and a healthy oline. Which is something he hasn't even done before. He very well could have done it last year if Flozell hadn't gone down. With the addition of Fabini and Terell Owens... I say you can count on it.

Drew Bledsoe's QB rating in all games that Flozell played.

#1 QB Rating: 143.4 against san diego

#2 QB Rating: 90.2 against washington (was extremely conservative also)

#3 QB Rating: 90.1 against san fransisco

#4 QB Rating: 68.1 against Oakland (includes a half time hail marry, so it should be higher)

#5 QB Rating: 122.2 against philly

#6 QB Rating : 93.5 against New York

Also in terms of the running game if you compare Kevan Barlow before and after T.O. You're also getting two completely different backs. he went from 5.1 yards per carry to 3.4 and 3.3 in the two years without t.o. respectively. Although I bet that also has a lot to do with the fact that san fransisco is simply deplted in terms of offensive talent. I remember when we wanted him for a 2nd round draft pick though.

And despite the poor offensive run blocking, julius jones still didn't have a horrible year. Nearly averaged 4.0 yards a carry. I really hope that Rivera is healthier this year and plays to expectations. It should be easier for him with the slack going towards Fabini more. I still think we need to bring in Jerald Sowell, and I'm still hoping we bring Keyshawn back, despite any turmoil that could cause.

This is a great observation and post....thanks!:bow: