I hope that Dan Quinn & Mike McCarthy were taking notes tonight

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
49ers have lots of dogs on their team, you can't come up with that right now with FA over and no draft picks lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
what you think we pull and pitch to Deuce?...or Pollard...or Dowdle?....and we pull and fake the pitch and go left RPO?...just thinking
Attack the edges with the run, work the middle of the field with the pass. Philly has weak LB/S's, keep putting pressure on those positions and they will break.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Need to hit Turpin with quick passes like they used Deebo. Make them miss and torch their secondary with explosion run after catch in middle of their D.

quickccc

Reaction score
No, it’s a bad matchup for us, might be also for the rest of the league. They scored 42 points on the eagles and us earlier in the season and neither team cracked 20 points. You have to be able to run the football to beat this team. In their losses all teams were balanced. They are just so good when they defend pass with extra men in coverage as they can generate pressure with just their front 4
yes, you do have to present more of a balance to have best chance at beating Niners -especially when they are in rhythm, they are targeting and getting multiple weapons going .. Deebo, Ayu Kettle, even Mitchell and Jennings .. if Purdy is connecting like clockwork, they're hard to beat .. Run on edges with a McCaffrey /or inside to a Deebo.

The way the Niners " misdirect " their run game and hitch plays is eye-sight awesome, that's what i was so hoping our offense can be pre-snap motion, multi-formations, misdirect one way, while real play goes another.

I thought Niners relentless approach just wore down the acclaimed Eagles front - and it's no secret that Eagles secondary can be had by the right team. That's an average secondary, imo.

And the RB Swift run game was just not enuff, and forces Hurts to throw more and more and he's holding ball and cannot seem to find open targets, taking sacks,

Cowboyny

Reaction score
yes, you do have to present more of a balance to have best chance at beating Niners -especially when they are in rhythm, they are targeting and getting multiple weapons going .. Deebo, Ayu Kettle, even Mitchell and Jennings .. if Purdy is connecting like clockwork, they're hard to beat .. Run on edges with a McCaffrey /or inside to a Deebo.

The way the Niners " misdirect " their run game and hitch plays is eye-sight awesome, that's what i was so hoping our offense can be pre-snap motion, multi-formations, misdirect one way, while real play goes another.

I thought Niners relentless approach just wore down the acclaimed Eagles front - and it's no secret that Eagles secondary can be had by the right team. That's an average secondary, imo.

And the RB Swift run game was just not enuff, and forces Hurts to throw more and more and he's holding ball and cannot seem to find open targets, taking sacks,
-Like Dak, they forced Hurts to throw into tight windows. Teams have to beat them on the outside as their linebackers just do a great job taking away the middle.
-Really think you have to disrupt their timing against the pass, Purdy is a very rhythmic QB.
-You better tackle well or their receivers will destroy you.
-All that misdirection, makes it very difficult on the linebackers to see where the run is actually going.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Philly is like us defensively. Monster pass rush, vulnerable secondary, run defense isn't bad but isn't good.

Shanahan's offense is one of a kind, and we can't copy what's taken the NFL's smartest offensive mind years to build. But I think we can take away some big-picture ideas. Coast heavily on 10 yard and shorter throws, and mix in some runs to keep Philly's pass rush honest. It's going the long way for sure, but the Niners cashed in 6 straight TD drives, so Philly will keep giving those plays up.

Dak is F'ing dealing right now, and I totally think he is up for a 40, 45 pass game where he carries this offense.

quickccc

Reaction score
quick----we got to develop plays and a scheme they dont see on film...and stop CMC and Deebo and their TE....and we got to have sacks and turnovers

and our O line has to play their best game....Dak continue be Dak of last 7 games...have primo outside running plays...and receivers do not drop balls

i mean its all right in front of us???

but even the best can lose
Remember that we actually surprisingly kept Niners offense in check for 1st half in last year's playoffs, .

. the big key is to also score points on their defense which we could not do .. and offense was an issue in
being blown out by Niners

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Taking notes" is kind of missing the point. The Cowboys have different personnel and a different scheme than the 49ers. And the Cowboys were one play shy of beating the Eagles in Philly November 5 too.

I think it would be more beneficial to Dallas to go back to that game again to figure out what to do better, but I am far from an expert.
motion kills the Beagles middle defense, we were just scratching the surface of our motion game in Philthy... i think we will see a ton of it this Sunday..

GORICO

Reaction score
Remember that we actually surprisingly kept Niners offense in check for 1st half in last year's playoffs, .

. the big key is to also score points on their defense which we could not do .. and offense was an issue in
being blown out by Niners
quick---i dont know exactly how seeding plays out?....but would love to see Cowboys just go against all odds and keep winning....cowboys first team to make it to superbowl as wild card 1975....yes we lost to Steelers 21-17 but we should have won that game.....got to go along with Al Davis on this one..."Just win baby"

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
"Taking notes" is kind of missing the point. The Cowboys have different personnel and a different scheme than the 49ers. And the Cowboys were one play shy of beating the Eagles in Philly November 5 too.

I think it would be more beneficial to Dallas to go back to that game again to figure out what to do better, but I am far from an expert.
Agreed. You can't mimic what the 9ers do on either side of the ball bc the talent is so different.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gotta bring pressure to Purdy. That's not a new study, that study is decades old but stands true today. Even if you have to bring blitzers from different places. Die quickly or slowly, either way, you die so might as well come after him. Give it up to stop the run, either that or watch the inevitable.

Slow the game down on offense. Long, slow, methodical drives to wash up the TOP. Make them become perfect on offense. And lastly, penalties. Can't give them extra possessions, and if you're a religious person, pray.

GORICO

Reaction score
49ers have lots of dogs on their team, you can't come up with that right now with FA over and no draft picks lol.
i say GO-COWBOYS......but....do we have enough DAWGS?

GORICO

Reaction score
Gotta bring pressure to Purdy. That's not a new study, that study is decades old but stands true today. Even if you have to bring blitzers from different places. Die quickly or slowly, either way, you die so might as well come after him. Give it up to stop the run, either that or watch the inevitable.

Slow the game down on offense. Long, slow, methodical drives to wash up the TOP. Make them become perfect on offense. And lastly, penalties. Can't give them extra possessions, and if you're a religious person, pray.
can i pray they meltdown from the wierdest set of calamities?

GORICO

Reaction score
Agreed. You can't mimic what the 9ers do on either side of the ball bc the talent is so different.
agree---- we do not match-up well....i am thinking first we gotta bring a great game first to the Sheagles...and i am tired of disappointment....so i am choosing

to be over the top HOMER regardless

GORICO

Reaction score
Philly is like us defensively. Monster pass rush, vulnerable secondary, run defense isn't bad but isn't good.

Shanahan's offense is one of a kind, and we can't copy what's taken the NFL's smartest offensive mind years to build. But I think we can take away some big-picture ideas. Coast heavily on 10 yard and shorter throws, and mix in some runs to keep Philly's pass rush honest. It's going the long way for sure, but the Niners cashed in 6 straight TD drives, so Philly will keep giving those plays up.

Dak is F'ing dealing right now, and I totally think he is up for a 40, 45 pass game where he carries this offense.
Dak proved against Sea-hawkless he can carry a team.....i just hope we have game plans prepared that show we prepare....and we also need to copy the tush push with Dak....we be even better cause Dak is a DAWG....4th and 2 or shorter.....Tush - Push with Dak....just copy it....we can do it