I hope these Rookies Bring some Attitude to Dallas

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
After 4 years of picking solid level headed choirboys. I'm glad to see that we've drafted some guys that will light a fire under the rest of the team. Don't get me wrong I don't want guys that make bonehead plays like taunting or 15 yard misconduct penalties. But I do want a team that walks with a swagger and that other teams are afraid to play. I think that Players like Spencer, Stanback, Anderson and Brown are exactly what this team needs. Now that Phillips is the coach, I think the players will have more fun on the field without worrying about Big Bill giving them "The Look".

BLT

Reaction score
does any 1 know if the tradition of making rookies earn their stars going to continue?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the only player we drafted that is considered to have an infectious attitude is Deon Anderson, Spencer and Stanback are more leader types who lead by example, don't know about how Brown is

TEK2000

Reaction score
All of the videos I've seen of Anthony Spencer.. you can tell he plays with A LOT of emotion and passion. It shows up in how much he hustles on every single play and he really shows emotion when he makes a good play.

Personally, I think we see a completely different attitude from the 2007 Cowboys vs the 2003-2006 Cowboys.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1485684 said:
All of the videos I've seen of Anthony Spencer.. you can tell he plays with A LOT of emotion and passion. It shows up in how much he hustles on every single play and he really shows emotion when he makes a good play.

Personally, I think we see a completely different attitude from the 2007 Cowboys vs the 2003-2006 Cowboys.

as in actually having one?

blandi60

Reaction score
TEK2000;1485684 said:

I'd like to see you're defense highlight vid 2 hours long next year !!! :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
"This team needs more thugs."--some great 21st century philospher

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1485737 said:
"This team needs more thugs."--some great 21st century philospher

what are you talking about? why does playing with emotion automatically make you a criminal?

joseephuss

Reaction score
SupermanXx;1485755 said:
what are you talking about? why does playing with emotion automatically make you a criminal?

I was just joking around. Geez. :D

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1485579 said:
the only player we drafted that is considered to have an infectious attitude is Deon Anderson, Spencer and Stanback are more leader types who lead by example, don't know about how Brown is

I read somewhere that 160lb Alan Ball was a biggest trash talker in the Big 10.
Hopefully he can back it up!!!!

Reaction score
It is so funny that this thread was started because last night I was thinking about the exact same thing. I totally agree with Vinnie and I too am not saying we need the Pacman(s), Henry(s), and players of that character caliber. However, IMO, we need our players to possess a somewhat mean streak, a strong since of intensity, fire raging on the field. I would like that passion that you see in some college games. With that, we need some serious outspoken leaders to step up to help mold the team. I've always believe that no coach nor league could better police a team or a team mate better than a strong leader on the team. When you mix the two, you come up with players like Singletary, LT, Brian Cox, Ray Lewis, Micheal Irving, Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert, just to name a few. We need this intensity to go with the talent and I am willing to bet it will definitely change a team approach when they hit the field. Look at all the strong defense in the past and you will find that one or two outspoken leaders. Quietly kept, T.O. has those qualities but he don't seem to know how to bring them out in a positive manner. Keshawn, whether you like him or not, has it. Hopefully someone will step up and bring this added intangible to this team. I know this was a long post but I hope you guys see what I'm talking about. Thanks for your time.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I totally agree, you could tell something is missing each december, the cowboys seems flat going into december, and certainly not not passion if in playoffs.

That does point to lack of leadership, what it takes, desire, we lost some leaders when darren woodson left, then larry allen, just seems like no heart or fire.

Now I have heard, dont know how true this is, but Parcells would beat the team up during the week, and by the time December rolled around, they were dead. Another thing Parcells was bad about, he made players play with injuries, Wade Phillips does not do that. true, sometimes you have to play with small injuries, but if your hurt, and its going to lead to a serious injury, you shouldnt be out there.

Dont get me wrong, I liked Parcells some, but like the old expression, they say the team takes on the personality of the head coach, maybe parcells was tired by time December rolled around, and team reflected that.

Another thing I think that will change, as you all know, Parcells refused to attack, he liked to play it close to the vest, and keep his standard defense in, like with the 2 gap defense, thats real hard for defensive players to play. And he refused at times to attack and blitz repeatedly, sure sometimes you get burned, but id rather attack, and make you come to me trying to beat me, not let me sit back there, and let you dictate the game.

I have heard that the players are real excited about the new defense about to be played, and the new attack style offense, so we will have to see if that fires up the team. Not sure what was lacking in emotion in december, but you could see it ever since the last 5 years or so, the cowboys would hardly win more that one game in december. Now that is pitiful, teams that go to the playoffs and super bowl, that is when they should be getting hot, late in november and december, gearing up for the playoffs with fire, determination, will, heart and desire to win.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Va_BoysFan4 Life;1486018 said:
It is so funny that this thread was started because last night I was thinking about the exact same thing. I totally agree with Vinnie and I too am not saying we need the Pacman(s), Henry(s), and players of that character caliber. However, IMO, we need our players to possess a somewhat mean streak, a strong since of intensity, fire raging on the field. I would like that passion that you see in some college games. With that, we need some serious outspoken leaders to step up to help mold the team. I've always believe that no coach nor league could better police a team or a team mate better than a strong leader on the team. When you mix the two, you come up with players like Singletary, LT, Brian Cox, Ray Lewis, Micheal Irving, Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert, just to name a few. We need this intensity to go with the talent and I am willing to bet it will definitely change a team approach when they hit the field. Look at all the strong defense in the past and you will find that one or two outspoken leaders. Quietly kept, T.O. has those qualities but he don't seem to know how to bring them out in a positive manner. Keshawn, whether you like him or not, has it. Hopefully someone will step up and bring this added intangible to this team. I know this was a long post but I hope you guys see what I'm talking about. Thanks for your time.

Great minds think alike.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1486213 said:
I hope so

agreed. That is one of the few "earn your stripes" type of traditions that I like.

Frozen700

Reaction score
i think TO will bring that this year...hell have way more passes directed towards him

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1485914 said:
I read somewhere that 160lb Alan Ball was a biggest trash talker in the Big 10.
Hopefully he can back it up!!!!
This kid gets skinnier and lighter every day. He's supposed to be 182 now. But that's just from reading the internet. May by he's 160 but that is skin-ney.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hmmm, talking fire again. I'm telling yeah, the man who will bring the fire is Folk...

Umm, maybe not, lol.