I hope these Rookies Bring some Attitude to Dallas

superpunk

Reaction score
If you're looking for "fire", I'm assuming you're hankering for on-field celebrations and mayhaps a little showboating? That's not going to come from rookies trying to make their way in the league.

If nothing else it's going to come from Parcells being gone. Parcells would not show up an opponent, and he would not tolerate his players doing the same. Hence the ratio of ******** celebratory daisy-chains dropped dramatically on the Dallas Cowboys. Perhaps with Wade they'll be free to do whatever they want. He certainly didn't mind Merriman acting like a gigantic infant with back spasms in san diego.

But it's not likely to come from the rookies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;1486841 said:
This kid gets skinnier and lighter every day. He's supposed to be 182 now. But that's just from reading the internet. May by he's 160 but that is skin-ney.
per Jeff Ireland...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87163
With the Ball kid, he's 6'1" about 182 pounds.

Ball weighed 168 at a bowl game. That was red flag, but we looked and he had a stomach flu so you can throw that out. He's a skinny guy so he has some work to do.

superpunk;1486899 said:
If you're looking for "fire", I'm assuming you're hankering for on-field celebrations and mayhaps a little showboating?

If nothing else it's going to come from Parcells being gone. Parcells would not show up an opponent, and he would not tolerate his players doing the same. Hence the ratio of ******** celebratory daisy-chains dropped dramatically on the Dallas Cowboys. Perhaps with Wade they'll be free to do whatever they want. He certainly didn't mind Merriman acting like a gigantic infant with back spasms in san diego.
Of course that's what they mean. The last time the 'boys showboated, it was Ratliff acting like he was trying to revive Ware after his TD in the endzone. Got a penalty. TO used the football for whatever celebration that was. Got a penalty.

I've seen the guys celebrate and show fire after a play. I'm not sure where there was this idea that guys were robots under Parcells. I think people forget about how some of them would do that jump thing after a big play.

So when some say they want fire, what do they want?

That's not going to come from rookies trying to make their way in the league.
I agree.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseephuss
"This team needs more thugs."--some great 21st century philospher

Haahahha that is a "funny" in my book... :laugh1::laugh1:was it Faust who said that, or Einstein; I forgot.

SupermanXx;1485755 said:
what are you talking about? why does playing with emotion automatically make you a criminal?

How did you glean that he meant that thugs=emotion? Wow, take it easy.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
are there any pics of this Alan Ball guy? or Courtney Brown or Deon Anderson? haven't seen many pics of our draft pics yet

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Future 585;1486630 said:
agreed. That is one of the few "earn your stripes" type of traditions that I like.

That, and tea-bagging; Haha just KIDDING!! Aahhh, football hazing memories.... The varsity team chased me and my friend home my freshman year. It's funny now, but it sucked then. It seems like the tradition the Cowboys have is much better than the one I endured.

I honestly don't know much about the whole "earning your star" tradition we have, but it sounds like an amazing tradition that I hope the Cowboys keep.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SupermanXx;1486920 said:
are there any pics of this Alan Ball guy? or Courtney Brown or Deon Anderson? haven't seen many pics of our draft pics yet
Deon Anderson
Anderson.jpg

Alan Ball
543249.jpeg

Courtney Brown
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/2026800507.jpg

(All I could find)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deon Anderson