I just saw Garrett on the NFL Network

fivetwos

Reaction score
I live amongst plenty of Giants fans who think having Garrett around as an experienced HC is a good thing.

I havent yet had the heart to tell even one story, let alone the Wade undermining one.

I'm just happy they are going to continue to stink for quite some time.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I really miss Garrett. He was almost there! I think Jerry made a mistake not resigning him. He should at least of been given maybe two or three years more and he would have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. So, that was 10 years lost, and he was almost trained how to be a head coach and Jerry pulled the rug out from under him! I'm going to cringe when the Boyz have to go play the Giants this year because Garrett is in mad mode now and will lay a beat down on this Cowboy team. JJ made a big mistake by letting that wizard go.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree it went on too long. But one can also see why it went 7 or 8 years.
1st, he was a questionable hire to begin with. As soon as Jerry hired him to be the OC, he already had plans for him to be the next HC. That was his mistake.

After Wade 1-7, then Jason gets them 5-3 the rest of the way. It seemed good. So after 3 win and in seasons, but lose that last game, finishing 8-8, no playoffs. Fans begin to say dump him. Then the 12-4 and getting cheated in the playoffs, one can see, well, they got it going now. It was not really all on Jason in the injury riddled, Weeden / Cassell / Moore QB debacle the next season. Then going 13-3 with a rookie QB and rookie RB, was wow, now we got it, finally.

However to me going 9-7 the following year without Zeke for 6 games. They had chances, but Garrett's poor decisions cost them more so than not having Zeke, like the game in Atlanta. They did go 3-3 without Zeke as that hurt, but more so on Garrett IMO, so yes that was the year he should have been fired. So I can kind of understand those first 6 years or 7 years. Though still too long. Maybe after the injury riddled 4-14 season in 2015 should have been it.

But I was never so glad, in hindsight of losing that Eagles game last year to finalize the end.
I have to admit part of me as I watch that game unfold and the lack of decent play, I thought man no way this team wins in the playoffs, and then they keep Garrett if they made the playoffs.
I wanted them to win, but after the loss. I was not angry, sort of relieved actually. As now there was a very good chance he would be gone. We would not have been embarrassed again in the playoffs, one and done.
But Jerry had to drag that out in his very usual Jerry way, take his time firing him.
In Jethro’s defense Jason was given extra time because we came so close on a couple of occasions finally breaking thru to a championship game.

One catch that wasn’t and a miraculous 3rd and 20 and we are playing in 2 championship games in 3 years. And that doesn’t count the last divisional round tough loss which came down to last possession.

Despite the frustrations we’ve had the last couple decades + we appeared in a better direction with drafts and personnel moves on the most part although we’d had several bust on defensive drafts which could be directly associated with the defensive weaknesses.

But this notion the entire 10 years was a failure is simply Lynch Mob material looking for someone to blame for all of the frustrations. It was the most successful stretch in the last 25 years. Especially the last 5 years.

This franchise is in a much better place than it was in 2010.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really miss Garrett. He was almost there! I think Jerry made a mistake not resigning him. He should at least of been given maybe two or three years more and he would have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. So, that was 10 years lost, and he was almost trained how to be a head coach and Jerry pulled the rug out from under him! I'm going to cringe when the Boyz have to go play the Giants this year because Garrett is in mad mode now and will lay a beat down on this Cowboy team. JJ made a big mistake by letting that wizard go.
Post of the day!!!! :lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
I was asked by both @Rockport & @America's Cowboy to type...."troll". Forgive me.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we can handle both of his plays.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So glad he is someone else’s problem now.

His 50-50 brand of football is nice for a terrible team but when you have the horses to take off and he’s still flipping coins it’s annoying.

Let’s go take games instead of hoping it unfolds perfectly for us.

Stop it!!! Garrett the loser is no brand of football for any team. The guy shouldn't be anywhere near a football field.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Garrett is who he is, not a good head coach. But what was he supposed to do? Refuse the job from the beginning? Resign?

Jerry is the 1 that should make you throw up. He hand picked Garrett and then continued to keep him way too long
If Garrett was a true Cowboy then he should have told Jerry that he was incompetent and left.