I keep hearing Deep DT Draft this year

Creeper

Reaction score
Not deep enough for Dallas to get they guy they need in the 3rd round. Maybe the 2nd but if Stephen Jones is honest that they are going to prioritize TE then I would say the Cowboys are going to stick with their strategy of finding DTs in the scrap heap. Or, maybe they know something about David Irving we don't know. We have been assuming Irving's problem has been attitude. Maybe its not. Maybe he was really hurt or something. I'd hate to think the Cowboys know Irving is a head case and won't be back and still think they don;t need help at DT.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
whatever number anyone says, just cut it down . we hear this every year about a position and hardly does it translate to the NFL as they think.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we don’t go DT what should go? RT?
OT should be a priority.

If Tyron misses significant time, the team is doomed.

The Cowboys are more dependent on a good OLine than many other teams.

Dak's stats are terrific when the OL is good (statistically good) but his stats take a bigger dive than the average NFL QB when the OLine struggles.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Unless a guy like Sternberger or Hockenson falls to them at that second rnd pick, BPA would hopefully be a DT. Certainly wouldn't complain if BPA was a safety though

Batman1980

Reaction score
OT should be a priority.

Dak's stats are terrific when the OL is good (statistically good) but his stats take a bigger dive than the average NFL QB when the OLine struggles.

Frederick coming back mitigates a lot of this, as should a healthier Martin and a bigger Williams.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
You can probably get sternberger in the 3rd or fourth. You probably can’t find a 3 technique.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
S (unless ET signs)
DT
TE.

These are the biggest needs. You don’t draft an OT with your first pick in case of injury. What if Tyron plays 16? Then you’ve wasted a high pick. I want someone in round 2 that is going to contribute from day 1

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If dont address expect to see the same as what Mack from the colts and the 2 backs from the rams to happen. To be ok with what is currently on the roster is plain stupid and to bank on Irving playing 19 games forget it even if bring him back.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Is the draft deep at DT and if so how deep?
It is a very deep draft at DT. Something like 18-20 of the 50. Unfortunately with us drafting at the bottom of the 2nd. Maybe tough to get a real difference maker that late - or end of 3rd.
My pet cat at the beginning of the college season was Christian Wilkins - Clemson.
I guess you never know how it will play out, but without a first round pick (and I love Cooper). We will see.....

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Sign Earl Thomas / Collins. Then draft the best DL/TE that is on the board when we pick.

Techsass

Reaction score
A few smart people here (along with the rest of us) have been screaming for a DT for years now. Maybe after what LA did to us, somebody in the FO will catch on & realize that they might want to listen to us.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is a very deep draft at DT. Something like 18-20 of the 50. Unfortunately with us drafting at the bottom of the 2nd. Maybe tough to get a real difference maker that late - or end of 3rd.
My pet cat at the beginning of the college season was Christian Wilkins - Clemson.
I guess you never know how it will play out, but without a first round pick (and I love Cooper). We will see.....
We can always trade next years pick..... keep doing forever and we never pay

Like the Free Beer tomorrow sign at my bar

slick325

Reaction score
There is a lot of DT talent in this draft but Dallas cannot afford to wait to draft one. If Dallas sees someone they place a 1st round pr early 2nd round grade on at the DT position drops to the early 2nd, I would hope they trade up to get him.

visionary

Reaction score
OT should be a priority.

We need starters at DT, TE, and FS
I'm not prioritizing a back up OT over those